Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Banking jobs,Financial Services jobs,Managerial jobs,Business related jobs,
Branch Manager – Isiolo
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Driving Business Performance: Time split 40%
- Implement business strategies to deliver performance and growth as communicated by the Regional Manager.
- Drive branch performance against key performance standards as communicated and agreed with the Regional Manager in areas including:
- balance sheet growth,
- sales growth and income contribution,
- cost performance,
- credit management,
- employee satisfaction,
- customer experience,
- operational risk and control rigor management
- Provide clear direction to branch staff on the Retail and Business Banking business objectives, translating and prioritizing into business performance measures at the branch level.
- Establish relationships with key clients or business influencers in the local area, including client visits, and complete call reports for every customer visit and this should be filed for snap checks.
- Monitor daily branch sales performance ensuring sales and portfolio growth targets are achieved
- Understand the local business drivers and issues that have an impact on branch performance.
- Identify business improvement opportunities and make appropriate recommendations to the Regional Manager regarding service initiatives, improvement for existing products and processes, opening or closure of branches
People Management and Development: Time split 30%
- Develop and communicate an annual plan to optimize the resources (Financial, human and physical) as agreed with the Regional Manager.
- Prepare a resource and capacity plan for the branch to be incorporated into the annual plan for the Region.
- Build and develop a high-performing team, through embedding performance management and coaching. Discuss and finalize performance management plans and ratings for the branch team.
- Maximize the performance of the branch team members by identifying and developing their training needs and ensure coaching or delivery of training takes place.
- Drive employee development and engagement within the branch teams that results in a high-performance climate and culture
- Conduct effective performance management for direct reports
- Monitor and ensure that all Branch Key Performance Indicators are achieved
- Share knowledge experience and best practices with branch team members.
- Create an empowering environment for direct reports, encouraging individual ownership and initiative and ensuring they do the same for all their staff.
- Effective resource management/planning that reflects current and future business requirements, ensuring the correct balance of numbers, skills and experience, by playing an active role in the recruitment and exits of direct reports.
- Initiate HR processes for direct reports when required e.g. disciplinary process, leave management, learning and development, talent identification etc in consultation with HR
- Acts as an escalation point for grievance cases within the branch
- Pursue own development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas for development
Compliance Management: Time split 15%
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
- Ensure the branch operates in a compliant manner and adheres to the relevant company and regulatory requirements to achieve satisfactory grades in local & Group Audits
- Monitor branch operations and control performance to ensure that branch standards are met and where required review branch remediation action plans with the Regional Manager
- Report all incidents within the branch in line with the bank’s incident reporting procedures
- Sign off all budgeted branch expenses and seek Regional Manager approval as necessary.
- Sign off all dormant accounts and seek Regional Manager approval as necessary.
- Hold cost center for network-related non-branch expenses such as disturbance allowances, transportation costs etc. responsible for managing costs within budgets for these items.
Customer Service Management: Time split 15%
- Understand and articulate aggregated feedback at the branch level to shape the customer proposition and product offering.
- Ensure high quality, knowledgeable service levels in branches to exceed customer expectations.
- Build a motivated, committed and focused Branch team, consistently delivering creative, precise and customer-focused service
- Ensure branch service excellence through continuous monitoring of service scores and discuss and agree on resolution plans with Regional Manager.
- Ensure all customer contact points in the branch, including equipment (PC’s, printers, note counters, ATM’s, etc.) are of the highest service standard. ATM uptime has to be kept within 95% and any issues raised to the Channel Manager at head office.
Technical skills / Competencies
- Leadership, people management, coaching and team-building skills
- Strong communication and Presentation
- Excellent relationship-building skills – both with internal stakeholders and clients
- Good networking skills, both for internal and external network
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with decision-making ability
- Business Acumen/Business Awareness
- Credit appraisal skills
- Credit Risk Management
- Driving Customer Experience
- Operational Risk Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- External market awareness
- Commercial Effectiveness
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Performance Management
- Resource Management and planning.
- Cultural and Change Management
- PC skills
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline or relevant experience to compensate, post-graduate qualifications will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years of Banking / Financial Services experience out of which at least 3 years in branch management with a good track record of performance
- Business understanding and management experience of Retail / Consumer and Business Segments
- Working knowledge of Branch Operations and Controls
- Demonstrable experience in Customer Service management including complaint management/resolution
- Hands-on experience in sales management including leading Direct Sales teams
- People management experience of big teams
- In-depth knowledge of banking products, strategies and structures in Retail,
- Detailed working knowledge of operational and credit risk policies and procedures for both Retail and Business Banking segments
- Good working knowledge of people policies and procedures
- Thorough understanding of the banking industry practices and regulations
- Well-informed on general economic, political and business environment.
- Up-to-date knowledge of competitor and market activity in local area
- In-depth understanding of core banking operating IT systems e.g. Flexicube
Deadline: 21st December 2022
- Manage the research, preparation & presentation of reports/briefs on business strategy, often complex/in large volumes, from a wide range of internal/external sources both structured and ad hoc.
- Lead in the consolidation and synthesis of various PCF information, outputs, and reports in the delivery of strategic and operational objectives.
- Coordinate with the offices of other Country Management Committee members on the demands of the PC Director office.
- Manage PCF Mancom and team meetings and events with overall responsibility on meeting plan and formulation of Agenda. Own the action plan and ensure conclusive resolution by working with relevant stakeholders.
- Manage the PC Director’s schedule for efficient time utilisation and effective ways of working.
- Exercising achievement towards a high degree of executive social skills dealing with the full range of people and colleagues in many varying situations representing the Director’s image in senior stakeholder engagement.
- Act as Director’s liaison to Absa Group and Africa Regional Operations to organize meetings, visits and business presentations involving the Senior leadership.
- Exercise confidentiality on all matters of the PC Director’s office.
- Prepare executive briefs and business strategy paper for PC Director.
- Organize and coordinate team functions, leadership conferences, and colleague events managed out of the PC Director office.
- Take time to understand PC Director’s working style & priorities to represent her views effectively. This includes managing the competing priorities and making decisions in their absence on the issues that can be resolved without escalation.
- Undertake research of detailed information on a wide variety of internal/external matters. Jobholder is given only a general brief and must produce detailed reports, summaries etc. deciding on relevant information to be included.
- As Secretary of PCF Mancom, the holder is responsible for the conduct and occurrence of monthly meetings; ensure follow up and conclusive resolution of arising action items thereof.
- Anticipate information requirements with proactive identification of issues to be brought to the attention of the Director, with recommendation for resolution as appropriate during interviews, meetings with key Stakeholders e.g., Transform, CMC Roundtable etc
- Undertake a wide variety of administrative duties, e.g., maintaining budget figures, expenses reports etc.
- Travel and Diary management for the PC Director office, including hotel bookings and transfers.
Strategic Planning 20%
- Provide support to key business areas in gathering information and formulating strategic plans
- Perform ad-hoc strategic and financial analysis of key strategic initiatives.
- Guide and steer execution of the top 100 team’s strategic initiatives.
- Assist PCF Mancom in the preparation of the annual MTP & STP process, completing the strategic planning templates together with them
- Present findings to senior management via written reports, supporting tables, graphics, and appendices
- Present research and new thinking to the PCF team
- Partnering with the Governance lead, track submission of all control & compliance activities i.e., RAF planning, Monthly return submissions, GL account reconciliation, Corporate Cards reconciliations, Snap checks etc
- Lead in tracking of meetings, actions, engagements with relevant regulatory bodies and industry /sector associations. e.g., KBA, CBK, IHRM etc.
- Roll out, cascade and ensure attestation of new and refreshed Group policies to the office.
Performance Management 10%
- Provide support to other key areas in gathering information and formulating strategic plans
- Act as subject matter expert in supporting management team with analytics that help manage the business effectively. Guide and provide input on the implementation of the resulting plans including linking with appropriate product specialists from Group.
Customer Service 10%
- Act as referral/bridge point for colleague and management contact with the PC Director Office.
- Effectively manage customer complaints coming into the office. Responding to and seeing clients on behalf of the Director and ensuring root cause analysis is concluded before resolution letter is done.
- Maintain a record of all complaints resolved on behalf of the Director (Written and Face to Face customer resolutions).
- Lead in the on-boarding of new PCF members and tracking any support they require.
- Draft communications on behalf of the PC Director for review.
- Creative thinking and ability to explore new ideas / opportunities and develop innovative approaches. Ability to draw out key messages and see patterns to identify future trends.
- High degree of customer focus
- Business Acumen
- Advanced skills in analysing and synthesising data and making preparing presentations
- Good networking and stakeholder management skills
- High tolerance of ambiguity
- Drive for execution and results
- Sufficient business and financial knowledge; and project management
- A keen eye for detail, quality conscious and has a strong sense of responsibility and ownership
Knowledge, Expertise & Experience
- Working experience in a corporate organization preferably financial sector
- Experience in business development and strategic planning
- Understanding of strategy tools and techniques
- Project management experience
- Building stakeholder and communication plans
- Delivering effective presentation to senior executives
- Questioning and probing capability
- Ability to work under time constraints and stress situations.
- Experience of working in a multinational, multi-segment, environment with matrix reporting.
- Awareness of cultural differences and varying legal/regulatory environments
Deadline: 22nd December 2022