Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Commercial Banking jobs, Senior Management Level jobs,Statistics jobs, Data science jobs, Computer Science jobs, Economics jobs,Business related jobs, Commerce jobs,
- Perform statistical analysis – through developing and deploying models on large data sets
- Conduct exploratory data analysis and an ability to perform simple queries, aggregations, joins and transformations using SQL
- Demonstrate an understanding of agile delivery
- Evaluates user request for new/modified solutions to determine feasibility, time required, compatibility with current system and computer capabilities
- Transform large complex datasets into pragmatic actionable insights that influence tangible business gain
- Advice on data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity and quality of data used for advanced analysis
- Doing ad-hoc data analysis and presenting results in reports, dashboards and charts
- Challenge ideas and methods while working together with talented, highly skilled team members
- Gather and process raw, unstructured data at scale into a form suitable for analysis
- Improve data foundational procedures, guidelines and standards and develop best practices for data management, maintenance, reporting and security
- Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on models developed, reports generated and statistical solutions devised
- Carry out user training as required to enable users interpret Data Science solutions
- Ability to take personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success
- Assist in developing and implementing a program of continuous improvement of Data processes through a cycle of analysis of existing systems, processes, and tools, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing high-impact changes, and getting feedback from stakeholders
- Understand Key Performance Measures and Indicators that drive company performance measurement, reporting, and analytics across functions and understand how these metrics and measures align and track against overall business strategies, goals and objectives
- Work with business customers to understand business requirements and implement solutions and with business owners to develop key business questions and to build datasets that answer those questions
Education and experience required
- B-degree in Mathematics/statistics, data sciences, computer science, economics or related quantitative fields is preferred (or equivalent on-the-job experience).
- 3-5 years technical experience
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Knowledge and skills:
- Demonstrable interest in data science/analytics
- Proven ability to collaborate with other team members and contribute productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Programming skills/concepts and the ability to pick up new technology with ease. Prior experience in R, Python, and/or other statistical tools and languages is a plus
- Prior experience in an academic or work setting, in one or some of – machine learning, data mining, unstructured data analytics, natural language processing, statistical or mathematical modelling
- Familiarity with relational databases and an understanding of SQL are a plus
- Understanding of a wide range of statistical techniques
- Ability to understand and present finding to a wide range of audience
- Prior experience in data visualization and an ability to derive insights
- Experience with econometric/risk based pricing modelling and risk scoring
Competencies: (Maximum of 8 competencies)
- An interest and understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as regression, k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM and Decision Forests
- Experience with or training in common data science toolkits, such as R, Python, Matlab, Julia etc.
- Demonstrable interest in using query languages such as SQL etc
- Good-applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, Bayesian statistics etc.
- A demonstrable interest in cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure and GCP. Demonstrable experience is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience in leading a team to deliver solutions
- Ensure that all claims reported are registered in line with the company procedures and reserved accordingly; and also ensure that reserves are periodically reviewed.
- Ensure that the allocated claims processes are performed within the time frames as agreed with clients, brokers and other departments to ensure service delivery.
- Ensure that service providers fee notes, invoices and Discharge vouchers are settled within the set TATs
- Review the performance of the service provider semiannually and escalate poor performance to Head of Claims.
- Assist and manage queries escalated by staff, brokers, clients, or service providers to ensure timeous resolution.
- Liaise and visit brokers, banks, Agents, and Direct clients to build relationships
- Assist in the salvage’s disposal process.
- Ensure that all the cost containment strategies in claims department are adhered to.
- Collaborate with underwriting department on areas or actions that may minimize a loss or if action is recommended post a loss due to the risk.
- Escalate poor performing accounts to Head of claims for management
Education Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Managing Director (CEO) – Kenya
As a member of the Absa Regional Operations (ARO) Executive Leadership team, reporting to the Absa Kenya Board and the Chief Executive ARO, the role is responsible for the financial performance profit and loss Absa Bank Kenya and any of its subsidiaries.
- With a historical legacy of over 100 years, Absa Bank Kenya PLC (the “Bank”) is a subsidiary of Absa Group Limited and is one of the leading banks in Kenya. The Bank currently has an extensive network of 84 branches and over 210 ATMs countrywide supported by internet and mobile banking channels plus a 24/7 customer service centre. Absa Kenya’s business units include retail and business banking, corporate and investment banking, treasury, and card services, with cross functional relationships to support the segments of local business and small to mid-sized enterprises (SMEs).Absa Kenya enjoys brand recognition of over 90%, a Customer Experience Index score of 86%, and was ranked as the most reputable bank in Kenya by the Q1-2022 GlobeScan survey. Absa Kenya also won the 2022, Employer of Choice Award for Kenya, while the Group was awarded Employer of Choice across the African continent.Following the stepping down of the former incumbent after 10 years at the helm, Absa Group and Absa Kenya now seek to appoint a Managing Director to lead the bank into the future. The Country Managing Director serves as a member of the Absa Regional Operations (ARO) Executive Leadership team, reporting to the Absa Kenya board and the Chief Executive ARO.
- The Managing Director is accountable for growing the overall Absa franchise through ensuring the development and (with board approval) execution of relevant strategies whilst protecting and enhancing the franchise’s profile and reputation with all internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate for the role will demonstrate a track record of high-performance leadership within the banking sector, with significant experience of and exposure to banking in the African context. The role is responsible for the financial performance profit and loss Absa Bank Kenya and any of its subsidiaries. The Absa Kenya Managing Director is expected to demonstrate the following background and attributes:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with at least ten (10) years of experience in commercial banking at senior management level, ideally as CEO or member of the C-Suite
- Extremely well-developed senior-level influencing, stakeholder management and conflict management skills.
- Very strong networking skills – networked externally and adept at building upon exiting relationships.
- Able to work in a complex matrix environment.
- Able to influence at the highest levels through clear, informed, and logical argument.
- Intellectually strong with good strategic and analytical capabilities.
- In-depth understanding of financial services, both insurance and banking product knowledge. In-depth understanding of regulatory environments.
- In-depth understanding of balance sheet management.
- Excellent diagnostic skills and rigorous approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels (both verbal and written).
- Excellent comprehension skills to understand and interpret industry data and economic trends.
- Strong credit risk analysis skills.
- Strong formal presentation skills to gain acceptance to solutions, both internally and externally.Team creation and co-ordination skills to mobilise and manage product specialists.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Ability to think creatively and identify innovative solutions.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Well-developed understanding of the needs of external and internal customers.
- Able to lead change – including leading people through change.
Education Bachelor’s Degree: Banking