Free Online Resume Builder
Create an attractive online profile for employers to hire you
Find details here
Digital learning management systems jobs,Communications jobs,Technical jobs,AGRA jobs,
Communications Officer, Digital & Content Development, Nairobi, Kenya – Job Reference: CO/SS/05/2022
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the appropriate regional communications plan as well as specific national communications plans to drive visibility for AGRA at regional and national level.
- Create clear, consistent messages demonstrating the purpose and value of AGRA.
- Oversee and develop AGRA’s social media strategy with social media specialist Initiates the production of all AGRA print and online publications and well as infographics website.
- Support production of corporate collaterals such as country profiles, AGRA country profiles, etc.
- Advise the regional team leader and senior AGRA officials on strategic communications activities and efforts by scheduling appropriate interviews, field visits and appointments.
- Act as liaison with AGRA’s communications consultants within the region.
- Engage with the Programs Assistant in making necessary arrangements for meetings, workshops and conferences by providing printed materials and distributing background documentation.
- Showcase AGRA’s events and activities on various media platforms including print, radio and television.
- Reporting to the Head of Communications, liaises with country level stringers to report on AGRA’s work and impact.
- Organize for digital photography and videography and ensure that photographic images are appropriately stored.
- Deliver content for social media, handles all local and international media coverage activities e.g. press releases and provides monthly reports to the supervisor.
- Devise innovative approaches to document AGRA’s success stories and highlights the excellent work being done by the organization’s partners and grantees on the ground.
- Organize for press conferences, media training modules and field visits for AGRA management, senior staff and representatives within the region.
- Produce podcasts for AGRA’s voices of Africa series to showcase AGRA’s work especially at country level.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in corporate communications.
- Sound knowledge of front-end development (HTML and CSS).
- Background in Agriculture will be an asset.
- A working knowledge of English. Fluency in French will be an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Communications, Journalism, Media Arts, Web Design, Graphic Design, or Digital Marketing.
- Any additional professional qualifications in Communications and Journalism an advantage
- Results-oriented, accountable, proactive and able to work on behalf of AGRA with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Results-oriented and accountable.
- Optimistic and persuasive that African farmers and consumers will benefit from improved, well-adapted agricultural technologies and reforms across the input and output value chains.
- Ability to communicate effectively and with polish to individuals and groups of people.
- Ability to translate program-based concepts into practical realities.
Digital Learning Management Specialist, Nairobi, Kenya – Job Reference: DLMS/PID/05/2022
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with SeedSAT assessment results and AGRA seed sector Thematic Area leaders to identify and prioritize key training needs that can be delivered through digital training methods and courses, including the development of a strong understanding of the adult learning needs and modalities of the target students.
- Conduct a rapid study of best practices in adult digital learning to underpin the effective design of CESSA’s digital training initiative.
- Working with the broader CESSA and AGRA team, recommend and select the key partners for AGRA for CESSA’s digital learning initiative, including the learning management system to be used, the manager of the learning management system, and content/course developers for various thematic areas/courses.
- Establish a three-year workplan for designing and delivering the prioritized courses, to include: the list of courses to be designed; the objectives and goals of each course; the delivery modality of each course (e.g., digital only, hybrid, sporadic versus constant delivery, etc.); the targeted impact on farmers of improving capacity in the system; and the anticipated number of students/practitioners reached. A key initiative should include rapidly initiating at least one digital course so that practical implementation lessons can start to flow and inform subsequent work.
- Contract the selected partners to develop and deliver the training courses, oversee contractor implementation, liaise with the CESSA team to ensure continuous relevance of design and implementation efforts.
- Working with CESSA thematic area leads, ensure the completeness and accuracy of all course content material.
- Work to enable scaling of selected digital courses, across countries, languages, and crops.
- Lead a collaborative, energetic CESSA and partner community of practice to ensure continuous improvement and strong delivery of the CESSA digital training courses.
- Develop a clear, easily communicated, tracking mechanism for the status of workplan implementation.
- Work closely with CESSA M&E to track the results and impact of CESSA’s digital training initiative.
- As requested, prepare relevant materials required for AGRA updates, budgeting, communications, strategic planning, and other relevant purposes.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in adult learning, with minimum 7 years of experience in digital delivery mechanisms.
- Educational requirements: minimum of a Masters degree in an education-related field, preferable adult education and/or digital education.
- Working knowledge of digital learning management systems and their strengths/weaknesses.
- Ability to evaluate, select, and manage partners for both digital delivery and technical content delivery.
- Experience delivering technical/scientific digital training content, preferably in agriculture; working knowledge of seed systems is a positive, but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – fluency in English is a must.
- Fluency in French is desired but not required.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with this position’s responsibility will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail address and telephone contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org noting to quote the job reference number in the subject of your email)
To be considered, applications must be received on or before 25th May,2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.