Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Accounting jobs, Finance jobs, Data Science jobs, Information System jobs,Technology jobs,Computer Science jobs,
Data & Analytics Specialist
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Area 1: Data Administration
- Participate in policy review, work flow processes under the guidance of Enterprise Application manager and Head of ICT.
- Work with business units to understand their data needs and develop appropriate solutions.
- Design, implement, and maintain data warehouses, models, and cubes.
- Extract, transform, and load data from multiple sources into the data warehouses.
- Monitor data quality and take corrective action when necessary.
- Deliver trusted data accurately and securely.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Area 2: Data Analysis
- Analyzing data to identify patterns, trends, and insights that help managers make better business decisions.
- Developing and maintaining models to predict future performance based on historical data.
- Creating reports that present findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Governing complex data ecosystems and supporting mission-critical analytics.
- Implementing self-service analytics and simplifying complex IT operations.
- Delivering insights in real time and supporting the growth of company wide Data Cultures.
- Using statistical software to analyze large data sets and identify trends.
- Build value and reduce costs with actionable insights from an AI-driven, enterprise-ready analytics platform.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for data analytics and reporting.
- Write SQL queries to support data analysis and reporting.
- Develop reports and dashboards using business Intelligence tools.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to answer specific business questions.
- Perform root cause analysis to identify issues and recommend solutions.
- Stay up-to-date on new features and capabilities of Business Intelligence tools.
- Train users on how to use Business Intelligence tools.
- Provide Tier 3 support for Business Intelligence applications.
- Increase organizational agility with scalable data analytics.
Area 3: Data Governance
- Collaborate with company management , IT teams and business stakeholders to develop a data strategy that meets corporate needs and industry requirements.
- Evaluate current data management technologies and additional tools are needed.
- Determine upgrades and improvements to current data architectures.
- Design, document, build, and implement database architectures and applications.
- Develop and enforce database development standards.
- Identifying problems that are occurring in operations and proposing solutions to management.
- Recommending data changes to improve efficiency or quality of services.
- Minimum five (5) years relevant experience in medium to large data architecture in ERP implementations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, including Windows Server 2016 – 2019, Windows operating systems, Linux, Unix in medium to large networks.
- Practical experience in database management, use of MS packages and ERP systems.
- Proven experience in applications development and related project management.
- Experience of on premise/Cloud storage concepts, hosted applications and hosted servers.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong understanding of business processes and computer networks.
- Conversant with latest ICT technology standards and data compliance requirement/privacy regulations.
- Ability to provide business analytics support through standard query scripting/programming/report generation.
- Conversant with latest ICT technology and trends.
- Good customer service orientation.
- Attention to detail and well organized.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level of integrity & Confidentiality.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- A Bachelor of Science in Data Science, Information System Technology or Computer Science or closely related field.
- Professional qualification in ICT such as Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP), Programming certification (Java, Python, PHP, Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic) and Excel, SharePoint, SQL and HTML or equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years relevant experience in managing a large enterprise planning system in a large organization.
- Must have experience in the implementation, design & support of ERP systems databases.
- An understanding of statistical programming languages to analyze data and create visualizations.
- Must have experience in report writing using QLIK sense, Power BI, Tableau, Crystal Reports and other software to create graphs, charts and other visuals to help others understand the data.
- In-depth understanding of SQL database and security environment.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Data science, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or related field will be an added advantage.
- In-depth understanding of SYSPRO and SAP ERP system will be an added advantage.
- Experience with big data platforms, such as Hadoop, Spark, or NoSQL databases.
- Deep understanding of data visualization tools, such as Power BI, Tableau or QlikView.
- Advanced programming skills in SAS, R, PHP, Python, or Java.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Area 1: Suppliers payment processing
- Coordinate with procurement department and other user departments to maintain and update supplier list with required bank/payment details and contact details as outlined in the policies and procedures manual.
- Check and oversee the distribution of all supplier statements as they are received and resolve all discrepancies directly with suppliers to ensure accurate and updated ledger balances.
- Verify that all invoices are supported by duly approved purchase orders and correct authorization procedures were followed prior to processing the invoices on the accounts payable system.
- Ensure timely processing of all accounts payable payments and prepare and update accounts payable reports for management review.
- Liaise and follow up with suppliers to request for invoices for payment for goods/services consumed with aim of ensuring accounting for expenses in the period they are incurred.
- Review journals resulting from matching in the system all invoices, credit notes received, generate payment vouchers and forward the prepared payment for settlement.
- Ensure vendor liabilities are accurately provided for in the company’s records, payments made timely and all accounts appropriately reconciled.
Area 2: Financial Reporting & Auditing
- Provide supporting documentation and facilitate audits with regard to the Suppliers/Accounts Payables Accounts.
- Produce monthly aging Reports for all Suppliers to and provide recommendations for addressing issues arising from accounts payable.
Area 3: Petty Cash Management
- Responsible for petty cash and imprest management including maintenance of petty cash records and completion of cash reconciliation at each month end.
Area 4: Team management
- Support the head of department in managing the human capital in the section through day to day supervision, performance management, training needs assessment and overall staff motivation.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance and other related field.
- Professional qualification in Finance or accounting such as CFA, CPA or ACCA
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar role within a medium to large organization.
- Practical experience in use of MS packages and ERP systems.
- FMCG industry
- A good understanding the management of account payables and their impact on the overall business performance.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Results orientation and ability to deliver within strict deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of integrity.