Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Marketing jobs, Research jobs, Business management jobs, Food Science and Technology jobs,Agricultural Economics jobs, Development Economics jobs, Statistics jobs,
Senior Research Analyst,
Summary of responsibilities
- Support in developing research designs for a variety of projects.
- Designing data collection instruments/protocols and training of consultants, field supervisors, and
- Data cleaning and management.
- Statistical and econometric analysis of households, agro – dealers, and traders surveys.
- Support with design and analysis of qualitative surveys including (KIIs, FGDs).
- Writing and editing of research reports, policy notes, academic papers, and other documents.
- Liaising with partners and consultants ensure quality of all the data collected under such partnerships.
- Responding to urgent requests for rapid analytics by the PIs, project teams, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Training and mentorship of other research assistants in the program.
• Master’s degree or PhD in agricultural economics, development economics, statistics, or a related field.
• Ten years of work experience involving research data management, analysis, and writing, and
demonstrated excellence in research.
• Demonstrated capacity to analyze and utilize policy-relevant information from a broad range of sources on
agricultural production and marketing.
• Experience using statistical packages mainly Stata and others such as SPSS and R.
• Familiarity with theoretical and technical issues related to agriculture, economic development, poverty,
food security, and/or nutrition in Kenya and the rest of East Africa.
Senior Market Intelligence Specialist
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
Summary of responsibilities
- Lead market intelligence research to engage with breeding programs (CGIAR, NARS, private sector) on:
- Consumer preferences for fresh and processed foods derived from cereal crops.
- Strategies and needs of cereal processing industry strategies (and implications for raw material sourcing).
- Cereal seed retail markets.
- Trends in food markets and implications for cereal processors and farmers.
- Support the capacity development of CIMMYT’s partners in the region, including seed companies, extension programs, and national agricultural research centers, in areas related to market intelligence.
- Engage local stakeholders (seed companies, breeding teams, NGOs) on strategies, policies, and research needed to inform breeding design and investments in East Africa and beyond through workshops, briefs, and periodic one-on-one engagements.
- Engage staff from CIMMYT, NARS, NGOs, and seed companies in the region to understand plant breeding, seed production, and seed distribution, as input for designing a stronger client orientation by social science in its seed systems agenda.
- Support regional efforts to mobilize resources to expand R4D agenda on seed systems and related areas of work
- MSc. degree in marketing (research), business management, food science and technology, agribusiness, or similar field with at least ten years of relevant experience in the private or public sector.
- Track record of quality technical reports.
- Experience in research looking at consumer preferences, food processing, product development, food marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in complex multidisciplinary research or development projects.
- Good partnership building skills, including the ability to interact with private sector; deliver effectively; and moderate meetings with local partners.
- A high degree of personal organization and ability to work under pressure.