Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Managerial Jobs, KAM Opening,
Trade and Policy Manager
To coordination functions of the Trade and Policy section of the Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM) while also taking responsibility for interpreting and negotiating regional and international trade agreements on behalf of the members of KAM.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and provide guidance on KAM work under the trade and policy section of KAM;
- Contribute in discussions on, Interpret and negotiate regional and international trade agreements under COMESA, EAC,- EU EPAs, Tripartite FTA, Continental FTA, WTO and other trade agreements at national, regional and international levels as assigned;
- Communicate with relevant ministries and to network with stakeholders on trade policy issues affecting industry and businesses;
- Prepare position papers on various trade regimes for validation by the Trade and Tax committee and Trade Executive Committee (EXCO);
- Act as the liaison person for the Trade and Tax committee of KAM and support the committee to discharge its mandate;
- Development of the content of trade and Tax related policy seminars;
- Coordinate policy dialogues geared towards improving market access in the identified markets of interest in terms of review of the existing trade policies, trade barriers, rules of origin and other measures to facilitate trade for KAM members;
- Undertake bilateral agreement negotiations at national and regional level and to liaise and coordinate with KAM consulting in order to practically actualize the implementation of the agreements for the benefit of KAM members;
- Liaise and collaborate with KAM Consulting Unit in finding solutions on issues related to market access in the identified markets in the region;
- Coordinate, track and monitor actualization of the policies for promoting development of local content and guidelines for products and services under various sectors.
- Coordinate the EAC manufacturers network in order to address cross cutting issues affecting manufacturers in the region in collaboration with other regional business membership organizations;
- Support KAM Committees/Sectors as assigned;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Executive.
i. Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Law, Business management or its equivalent
MA Economics /Statistics or MBA in a relevant field is an added advantage
At least Ten (10) years’ relevant experience, 4 of these in management fucntion
A flair for and bias in policy advocacy matters both in public and private sectors, v. A good command of research, writing and presentation skills vi. Excellent interpersonal and skills
Excellent negotiation skills How to Apply: Interested and qualifying candidates should complete the online application form and submit their CV and Application letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the words “Trade Policy Manager” on the email subject line to reach us not later than November 22, 2021. Please Click on Link here to apply. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.