Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Managerial Jobs, Advocacy Manager, Diageo Jobs,
National Advocacy Manager
To build capability for total spirits in Kenya by developing a Brand Ambassador team in each market whilst helping to upskill current sales/distributor teams already on the ground.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
This role will be the head of training for spirits in the market and leading the capability drive across internal and external staff on Diageo Brand Ambassadors (DBA), Business of Bars and the World Class program. This role will lead the capability of each Brand Ambassador (BA) team and internal staff including both On and off Trade across the country.
There is a need to improve the execution and especially the Rate of Sale of our Reserve Luxury Portfolio, and the Ambassador Team will be pivotal in not only ensuring our Trend Leading Account (TLA) & Regional leading Account (RLA) are serviced to a level where 365 essentials drive a constant turnover of our brands.
In line with the Reserve F22 vision this role will drive the below:
- Capability programs on spirits for all internal staff
- Capability programs for all agency staff and distributor Vehicle Sales teams
- Capability programs for On-trade community (World Class and Diageo Brand Ambassador)
- Capability program for Off-Trade customers
- Build and in-bed new Brand Ambassador (BA) program in Kenya and create World Class team of Diageo Brand Ambassadors (DBA).
a) Decision Making
Align and agree with Sales leads to determine scope and direction of training depending on which brands need focus in specific markets. Takes lead on how training is given by BA teams
b) Financial Responsibility
Responsibility and justification of allocated budgets for trainings, events, competition organization and cost of doing business. Makes proactive recommendations in areas of market/channel/customer investment. Holds the budget for national programs like DBA and World Class and will be responsible for managing the agencies chosen to help activate these programs.
c) Market Complexity
The challenge nationally is driving penetration of spirits consistently due to capability gaps in staff and consumers. Each division across KBL have different levels of capability and the challenge is to increase the current standard of each division and in each channel. We have a highly competitive market and our sales teams must be equipped with the right knowledge to sell and our customers must also have rigorous training programs.
Each division must be migrated through the different stages of capability building through DBA and Business of Bars, our major customers gain a high level of consumer insight, strong category management techniques, powerful commercial propositions, and a deep understanding of how their business operates.
d) Functional capabilities
Highly connected with the Reserve environment
- Leader in spirits knowledge in the company.
- Deep understanding of what is important to Reserve Luxury Portfolio customers and uses this insight to execute activation plans that delight and influence the customer and their consumers
- Ability to identify emerging trends & insights.
- Tenacious in translating this knowledge into commercial actions quickly.
- Expert category Knowledge across Spirits and competitor sets (highly recommended on most relevant in local luxury arena) with experience in process, ingredients & provenance
- Passion for luxury drinks and non-drinks brands, our customers & our consumers
- Operates proactively – and where necessary reactively – in order to beat the competition
- Brand Ambassador is the personification of the portfolio in the market: attitude, appearance and personality.
- The Ambassador will always represent the portfolio but may also have an extra
- specialization in one or two of the brands
- Being a top-level consultant to the drinks industry is critical to this role
Relationship management with external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to develop strong relationships with trade partners, especially through leveraging credibility vs. being seen as a brand salesperson.
- Skilled in developing customer and stakeholder commitment, negotiating for win-win outcomes with a diverse range of individuals
- Ability to understand the motivations of individual trade partners and plan ROS drivers against this.
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Exceptional presentation skills that captivate the customer and leads to consistent, high quality execution that embodies the distinctive elements of the outlet(s)
- Is capable and competent to plan and deliver training & incentives with priority customers, organize and representing the brand at DBA & World Class and regional training events, build the brand
- Reputation via Trade press/industry presence; implementation of tastings/events/experiences and BTL collateral in TLAs
- Can work with others internally to build capability behind these brands
- Demonstrate high level self-organization and good time management.
- Ability to meet multiple objectives and deadlines.
- Excellent time management and Organisation skills
- Post event: evaluation, analysis and report writing skills
- Ensure Reserve Portfolio is brought to life across TLA/RLA accounts through 365 essentials and in core retail stores that cater to high-end consumers (staff/key client mentor sessions)
- Build Ambassador team (depending on each market) and up weight each individual’s skills on all aspects of being a brand Ambassador
- Deliver new DBA/BOB and World Class modules across EABL outlets and sales teams
- Conduct comprehensive trainings, tastings, samplings, master-classes, dinners, across the Reserve Luxury Portfolio of internal and external customers and targeted consumers-
- Execution of Reserve Luxury Portfolio On-Premise and Retail activity – (for example – and not an exhaustive list- to include mapping accounts and number trained, number of persuasion programs developed, % steal of share from the competition, quantified incremental sales linked to activity, building advocacy, improving visibility, menu share, POS presence, creation of bespoke menu/cocktail lists, World Class execution)
- Prospect and build strong relationships with Gurus/Influencers in key markets, while maintaining and nurturing current relationships
- Together with the relevant teams, turns the Reserve Luxury Portfolio PR strategies and executional best practice into appropriate in-market actions
- Continually re-evaluates current Reserve Luxury Portfolio accounts and helps acquire new accounts based on market trends
- Inspires consumers, customers and trade to advocate Reserve brands
- In conjunction with the brand manager identifies, develops and manages local marketing activities including locally based brand opportunities.
- Delivers special events in a way which provides positive experiences for our consumers and customers
- Organizes and co-ordinates launch activity and promotions in line with brand guidelines
- Acts as the face of the brands and Diageo – proud of what you do
Brilliant activation and execution of our growth drivers.
- Diageo are the definitive authority on Product & Category knowledge amplifying this amongst key external and internal audiences
- Our customers and PR contacts are educated on the quality, provenance and heritage of our brands in a contemporary manner that makes them feel exclusive and special.
- Portfolio perfect serves and menu share are established throughout the leader accounts.
- There is continuous improvement of our activation performance by identifying key areas of focus, assessing alternatives and taking decisive action to course correct where necessary.
Diageo are ranked as the leader in Reserve by our customers and key industry partners
- We have effective, long term relationship with our key influencers (owners/managers/bartenders) leading to them endorsing our brands.
- World-class training & education is developed and delivered with the Reserve Luxury Portfolio sales force & key outlets staff.
- We are an ambassador and representative of our brands at relevant trade and media events
- The Reserve Luxury Portfolio team delivers brilliantly for customers: brilliant customer service each time, every touchpoint.
- Our brands’ reputation is enhanced via our industry presence
Compelling Reserve customer plans maximize sustainable profit delivery and market share growth
- Deliver DBA across all Premium outlets in KBL
- Train all KBL sales staff on DBA and mini BOB (Business of Bars)
- Launch DBA essentials modular training across TLA/RLA universe in KBL
- Hold DBA Advanced/World Class modules for TLA/RLA top bartenders
- Deliver full BOB training to TLA/RLA outlets
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Business/related area (University degree will be an added advantage)
- Excellent knowledge of the drinks and non-drinks luxury goods sector
- Proven passion to live life of the luxury sector and bring our brands to life
- Experience as an entrepreneur with a strong understanding of the motivations of bar managers and staff
- Outstanding and proven presentation skills
- Must possess excellent mixology skills with a solid Spirits knowledge
- Proven training ability, persuasive selling skills, passion for wine and the high-end drinks business, with respect to customers and consumers
- Excellent category, brand and trade knowledge with a strong ability to identify emerging trends and insights
- Good informal relationships with drinks, culinary and lifestyle journalists an asset
- In depth knowledge of the on-trade business from a bar background essential
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.