Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Accounting jobs, Finance jobs,Managerial jobs,
Financial Management & Oversight
- Provide leadership to the finance and accounting areas of the organization, proposing and implementing improvements in processes to increase efficiency
- Provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy, and provide guidance and analysis to executive and operational management to improve results.
- Maintain control of the following areas: general ledger, accounts payable, expense reports, and payroll.
- Prepare a variety of ad hoc financial scenarios as requested.
- Ensure full compliance with Kenya Revenue Authority, NGO Board and returns requirements
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting for decision making
- Overall responsibility for maintenance of internal control systems
- Collaborate and lead finance functions with Educate! team, especially with the budget owners/managers.
- Provide finance support and collaborate closely with the operations team
- Key contact with bank support personnel and Tax Advisors
- Periodic meetings with the Regional Finance team (Managing Director and CFO) for all Educate! accounting needs and deliverables
- Work in close collaboration with other contracted finance support teams
Financial Control & Accounting
- Observe and implement all Educate! accounting systems, payments, bookkeeping, and statutory filing.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, in a timely manner, and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles through the Quickbooks system, identifying and correcting any variances.
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and controls that are current best practices related to transaction processing.
- Manage, oversee, process (as appropriate), all of the following transactions: payroll, accounts payable, revenue and expense, fixed assets, cash, bank reconciliations, and allocations.
- Perform month-end closing procedures, including account reconciliations, and updating schedules.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Revenue management & improvement of payment systems
- Ensure the monthly budget balances report is up to date and shared with budget holders
- Confirm expense codes on all requests as they are received, correct where necessary
through the budget manager.
- Minimize the number of errors from the team through constant feedback and also in reporting.
- Prepare and analyze accurate monthly financial and management reports, including; income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow
- Submit accurate, complete and timely management reports.
- Coordinate the preparation of the audited financial statements and all tax returns
- Reporting as needed to the regional finance team on Educate! financials
- Involved in the preparation of periodic budgets and updates
- Collaborate with budget managers by sharing budgets and providing support and clarity where needed
- Ensure budgets are entered into the accounting system
- Ensure BVA reports are prepared and have clear explanations at month-end
- Share monthly BVA reports with budget holders for ease of planning
- Share quarterly BVA reports with clear explanations with Educate!
- Monitor the budget memos and update the approved budgets and Quickbooks with the Budget Memos where needed
- Offer periodic training or refresher training to the teams aimed at improving financial management, discipline and accountability as stipulated in our policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Certified public accountant (CPA, K) or ACCA qualification
- Finance & Accounting experience working in a non-profit environment
- Minimum of 7 years of finance and accounting experience, including finance, accounting, audit, and analysis (including gathering, evaluating, presenting, and reporting financial information to management and external stakeholders).
- Minimum of 3 years of managerial experience leading finance teams and cross-function collaborations.
- Proven experience handling $1+ Million annual budgets
- Solid experience in coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online and excellent Excel skills.
- Entrepreneurial drive and proven ability to take ownership and lead the team’s combined learning.
- Collaborative, data-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner, seeking out areas that need attention rather than being asked to look at specific problem areas.
- Consistently asks for help and seeks advice from colleagues to let the best idea or process win.
- Engaging and interactive communicator with a passion for coaching others
- Passion for Educate! the mission is a must, but past work in education or youth development is not required. We value diverse perspectives and encourage applications from people with a variety of backgrounds. Background working with and promoting youth agenda in a non-profit set-up is an asset.
- Position will be based in Kenya
- Compensation will be competitive and based on experience.
- Position reports to the Managing Director, Kenya
- Preferred start date May 2022.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)