Get a job with NGOs, the UN & International Organisations
Earn a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Find details here
Operations Jobs, Career Opportunities,
1st Level Operations
Posted date: Nov 24, 2021
Location: Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Our Exciting Opportunity
We are now looking for a 1st Level Operations who will be responsible for monitoring alarms and performance of complex Telecom BSS systems. They will initiate trouble tickets (TT) in case of any event with monitored nodes and escalate to L2 support for unresolved issues!
- Be responsible for execution of fault correction steps for the known Issues (L1 Tickets/Incidents)
- Ensure execution of preventive maintenance activities and that services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the monitoring tools as per the SLA defined in the process
- Monitor and ensure issues that cannot be addressed by the L1 team are handed over to the appropriate resolver group (Level 2 Team) and follow up on the escalated issues
- Help with Assurance support activities
- Perform system administration and work with Billing operations
- Prepare and maintain documentation, reports, and provide follow-up status on identified tasks
- Work in shifts in a 24/7 support team.
- Work as a team member, providing support to colleagues as and when required.
To be successful in the role you must have
- Bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom) or
- 1-3 years of experience in IT operations (Telecom BSS area preferred)
- Prior experience of IT Operations (Preferably in telecom domain)
- Understanding of ITIL Processes
- The willingness to learn and stay up to date in the IT / Telecom Billing Domain
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Knowledge sharing and good collaboration skills
- Creativity and Problem Solving skills (out of the box thinking!)
- Knowledge of Managed Service telecom operations practice
- Ericsson knowledge would be a plus
- English skills (oral and written)