Entry Level Jobs, Engineering, Technical Jobs,
Jamii Telecommunications Limited is seeking to recruit recent University Degree graduates for exciting internship opportunities, that are available within our Planning & Engineering, Network Operations Centre and Contact Centre business functions. The internships will offer the successful applicants hands-on work experience and develop their skills & competencies within the Telecommunications industry. The internship opportunities are available for a maximum period of six (6) months.
- Be available full time for the duration of the program (6 months).
- Recent University Degree graduates in Marketing, Customer Service, Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or a related Business Course.
Knowledge & Competencies
- Good communication skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Telecommunications Technical aptitude.
- Excellent computer skills.
Technician – Survey & Mapping
JOB ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in surveying, capturing and mapping of all company physical plant infrastructure.
- Conduct physical survey, map, and document utilization of all plant infrastructure, maintaining an up-to-date record keeping track of dynamic and day to day changes.
- Assist in network capacity forecasts and planning of upgrades of Infrastructure based on current utilization.
- Assist in automation of repetitive tasks where appropriate.
- Collaborate with data science and System Software teams in uploading data and information in structured and approved formats.
- Operate with a high level of personal organization to identify operations and network subsystem maintenance needs and prioritize action plan.
- Assist in updating and keeping records of network connections to all customer and backbone touchpoints to the network.
- Higher National Diploma in Survey / Degree in Survey, Geospatial Engineering and any other related courses.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in the Telecommunication Industry.
- Practical knowledge of survey and mapping tools as AutoCad, ArchGIS or other.
- Cable and Asset Inventory Software as netTerrain, NetMaster, or other similar Asset Inventory and Software Systems.
- Significant experience in the documentation and interpretation of cable network infrastructure.