Get a job with NGOs, the UN & International Organisations
Earn a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Find details here
Executive Jobs, Production Jobs, General Management Jobs,
General Manger – Production
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
Sanergy is looking for a mission-driven General Manager -Production to oversee manufacturing and maintenance operations across Sanergy’s production facilities in Kenya.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the performance of all production facilities in Kenya. Develop and implement systems to ensure that production volume, cost, quality and ESH targets are met.
- Collaborate with the planning, quality, health, safety, environment, maintenance, financial analysis and continuous improvement teams to drive production process optimization.
- Oversee the maintenance function to reduce the frequency and impact of breakdowns.
- Provide direction to implement best in class maintenance practices to improve MTTR and MTBF.
- Own and be accountable for the operational budget. Coach Factory Managers and Maintenance Managers under you to conduct sound resource planning and deployment so as to maximize resource utilization.
- Collaborate with the talent team to set up and implement systems for people management, performance management and learning and development.
- Coach managers across production and maintenance on effective approaches to project management. Oversee implementation of projects by managers to achieve the required outcomes on time.
- Coach managers across production on continuous improvement methodologies, preferably around Lean Thinking, Six Sigma or Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)