Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs
5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free
Find details here
Economics jobs, Applied Econometrics jobs, Business Administration jobs, Commerce jobs,Law jobs,
Legal Officer (521)
The Legal Officer performs the following duties:
- Draft and negotiate loan agreements, ancillary transaction documents, and commercial contracts (including non-disclosure agreements); and prepare such drafts for proper execution.
- Provide legal services and assistance for loans and related operations of the Bank throughout the origination, appraisal/due diligence, underwriting, documentation, and supervision stages.
- Advise the Bank on interpretation and implementation of legal issues to protect the Bank’s interest.
- Support the appointment of receiver/administrator and the administration of receivership cases.
- Draft legal communications with external legal counsels, courts and other judicial and administrative bodies to protect the Bank’s interest.
- Negotiate legal instruments on active transactions in accordance with the Bank policies through monitoring existing assignments.
- Update status of accounts as per departmental dashboard to organize day to day work by sharing information on actual status of each transaction and action plan.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Juris Doctor’s degree or a Master’s degree in Law (LLM) and Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) from an accredited institution.
- Qualification to practice law in any jurisdiction relevant to the Bank’s business or in any of the Bank’s member countries.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience, including international work experience in a commercial, financial, or legal advisory institution and/or public section financial body (e.g. International law firm, multi-national corporate, bank, insurance company, investment advisory firm, DFI, Ministry of Finance, National Treasury, Sovereign Wealth Fund).
- Proven track record and experience as a banking, finance, and corporate lawyer.
- Strong legal drafting, problem solving, negotiation, organizational and planning skills with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, manage dynamic priorities, and work under pressure to deliver on strict deadlines.
- A result-oriented individual with excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English is a requirement. Knowledge of TDB Group’s other working languages (French or Portuguese) would be an added advantage.
Senior Research Officer (442)
The duties and responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Initiate and co-ordinate the establishment of the Research and Strategic Studies pillar of the Academy and implementation of the Academy’s strategic plans in regard to research and thought leadership.
- Assist the team in the preparation of relevant economic papers specific to the Group and its various functions (for example trade & regional integration, infrastructure development, trade finance, and macroeconomic development) etc.
- Develop a periodical series (white papers, policy reports, economic bulletins) to share internally and externally.
- Identification of external knowledge contributors to build and maintain strategic partnerships in relation to the Group’s mandate and activities in the region and globally.
- Develop and manage country profiles of the member states summarizing economic trends, economic & currency risk, balance of payments performance etc and how these impact opportunities for the Group.
- Establish/subscribe & maintain relevant information databases for use by Group staff.
- Assist in the compilation and analysis of relevant information for quarterly or annual reports.
- Research & prepare talking points for members of the Executive Management Board.
- Assist in the conduct of impact assessments of TDB Group projects in the Member States and the region.
- Support efforts to identify new partnerships for resourcing.
- Build effective collaborative relationships with relevant global and regional research institutions.
- Promote a culture of research and academic excellence within the Group
Qualifications and Competencies
- A Master’s degree in Economics, Applied Econometrics, Business Administration, Commerce, or related field with relevant professional training as added advantage.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in research, preferably in research-oriented institutes.
- Relevant experience in statistical analysis, data collection and synchronization, and professional experience in academia/think tanks.
- Proven record in the publication of relevant articles in publications and journals on the topics of development finance, trade finance, and regional integration.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods to analyze the Academy’s benchmarks, performance, and output.
- Ability to navigate between competing priorities and to deliver on strict timelines
- Demonstrated ability to work in high performance, multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and general communications skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages would be an added advantage.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)