Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Relationship Manager, Business Development Manager, Campaigns Manager, Assistant Manager,
SME RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
Job Summary1.To manage and sustain a relationship with Business Banking customers, building long-term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business. This is achieved particularly through quick risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of operational service.
2.The primary objective is to maximize sustainable risk-adjusted / EP portfolio contribution.
3 The jobholder will additionally be responsible for business development both with new customers and with his/her existing portfolio.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Sales and Service
- Conduct annual review of customers’ borrowing facilities (and interim review if customer circumstances [risk profile] dictate).Consult customer owners/managers on financial/credit issues and general business practice/ideas.
- Determine the key messages, e.g. agreed service standards, negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points (including introductions to new personnel) and new product changes. Calculating the most appropriate means of communicating them to customers.
- Deal with, and find resolutions for, customer complaints.
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers needs and be able to sell these, at short notice, both reactively and proactively.
- Plan and co-ordinate any marketing approaches for new business and actively develop existing relationships. Co-ordinate approaches to the portfolio by businesses across the Group.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to risk service standards.
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business.
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Prioritization Guidelines to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Gather all the required information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications. Role holder will be expected to input certain key information such as judgmental information (They will work closely with SME Credit).
- Monitor and control the quality of the portfolio using “Condition of Sanction” triggers where possible and in accordance with RM guidelines and Bank policy.
- Manage “Early Warning List” customers to reduce risk, following H.O. and Regional guidance provided.
- Adhere to procedures and guidelines within the BB RMCD.
- Day-to-day support to Enterprise Bankers and branch staff in provision of consistent service quality and risk.
- Manage own leave plan.
- Offer support as per business request.
Risk & Control Objective
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Bank Kenya Plc Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
Technical skills / Competencies
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Managing relationships
- Personal organization and Self development
- Team work
Skills required to undertake the role:
- Relationship skills
- Risk skills
- General Corporate skills
- Leadership and team skills
- Product skills
Knowledge of the bank’s products, services and policies required to undertake the role:
- The jobholder will be required to have a detailed knowledge of the core set of Business Banking products.
SME Business Development Manager
Job SummaryReporting to the Head of SME-RBB, the role holder will be responsible for the design and execution of the Overall Women Banking Segment Strategy within the SME Business and the end to end plans with full P&L accountability for the market segment with the aim to increase revenue, profitability and market leadership through driving sustainable New to bank customers, Liability growth and Revenue Growth Initiatives.
- Responsible to grow the Sub Segment NTB numbers and Revenue while designing, launching and managing end to end propositions aligned to the overall segment P& L and KPI’s.
- Manage the P&L financials at customer level, and all critical Key Value Drivers associated with the Woman Banking segment performance including segment profitability.
- Drive activities that ensure maximized penetration into the Woman banking segment to maximize acquisition, retention, cross sell rations and revenue per customer.
- Ensure world class and differentiated customer experience including service processes are in place for the Woman banking segment.
- Develop Customer Journey Maps, Lifecycle/Life cycle stages and personas for the Woman Banking segments.
- Design and execute end to end strategic road map including Marketing Initiatives for the Sub segment
- Drive and own the Strategic partnerships as part pf the overall Go to Market plan for the Segment.
- Analyze both Internal and external Customer environment to draw insights into the Segment offerings and Propositions to optimize revenue and profitability.
- Drive strategic partnerships and collaborations with key departments that manage market research, customer intelligence, Data warehousing and financial analysis to align to the segment/business market unit goals.
- Develop and Launch periodic campaigns in partnership with product teams to drive NTB acquisitions as well as track performance and revise propositions where necessary in order to increase revenue and profitability.
- Review and manage creative processes for ATL and BTL Communication and activities while working closely with the Business Club team, MCR and all corresponding stakeholders
- Responsible for the segment Events Calendar in partnership with other segments, Prestige, Premier and CIB.
- Responsible for the development of the Segment strategy and developing commercial business case to secure Commercial approvals for the segment.
- Monitor the active customer base for the Women banking and devise strategies to remediate as required.
- Employ decision analytics in designing Woman Banking Propositions and contact programs.
- Advocate for CUSTOMER FIRST in every consideration of the departmental strategies and service delivery
- Break down the service strategy into actionable bits by individual staff in the department – through Departmental and individual Customer Experience Success Plans
- Carry our deep dive on the customer verbatim responses from CX surveys, identifying service gaps and training SME staff to close them
- Ensure adherence to the Absa Way Service Standards at every customer interaction
- Championing the CX reward and recognition vs consequence management for SME service stars and offenders respectively– working closely with People Function (HRBP) and Customer Experience Team
- Develop and design ways to enhance a positive service environment in the SME department
- Champion market and competitor analysis through benchmarking
- Develop and Present Market Segment commercial performance in monthly reviews while ensuring the Segment Opex Budget is optimally utilized.
- Contribute to the Overall SME team in creating and sustaining a cultural environment for the function shaped by the Absa Way of leadership.
Digital Campaigns Manager
Job SummaryTo provide specialist advice & support in order to elicit, analyse, digital processes, policies & information systems, through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed (SOPs).
Job Title: Digital Campaigns Manager
Champion the use of digital technology and strategies to grow the brand, enhance customer Centric experiences, drive product uptake and grow the customer base.
- Collaborate with the bank’s digital agency and other vendor partners in actualizing digital strategies and plans.
- Strategize, build, and maintain the bank’s social media usage, with a focus on customer service, brand growth and loyalty as well as monetization of fans/followers.
- Optimize the bank’s online presence
- Partner with product, CDO, innovation & technology teams to deliver customer-centric digital experiences that drive income growth.
- Data-led marketing by sending highly targeted and compelling marketing campaigns that are tightly focused on a group of individuals and their needs.
- Utilization of marketing automation tools to; Create cross sell and up-sell opportunities in a personalized and non-intrusive manner to increase share of wallet, celebrate anniversaries to build loyalty and onboard all NTB customers
- Ensure effective leads management both from offline (e.g., branch) and online (website and USSD) to drive the customer base and portfolio growth.
- Deliver 360 campaigns that are over and above Digital, through collaboration with business and relevant vendors
- Plan, execute, and measure digital experiments and conversion tests to help the Bank anticipate customer needs and adopt new digital marketing approaches.
- Evaluate emerging digital technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- At least 4 years’ experience in online marketing and campaigns management
- A bachelor’s degree in any field will be an added advantage
- Professional education in Marketing or Journalism will be an added advantage
- Passion, Integrity and Energy.
Expectations from role holder:
- Diligence (follow through)
EducationBachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences (Required)
Assistant Manager, Business Support and Recoveries
Job Summary• The role holder will be a member of the Africa Absa Business Support and Corporate Recoveries Team with responsibility for the delivery of turnaround strategies to a portfolio of predominantly Mid Corporate customers experiencing financial stress as well as the delivery of recovery strategies to a portfolio of Corporate Customers experiencing financial distress
• He/she will take responsibility for determining the objectives, strategies and actions that need to be adopted to address business-risk issues, reduce the Bank’s risk, and achieve long lasting turnaround solutions so that the customer can be returned to a Relationship Manager in the Corporate/Business Banking Department
• The successful candidate will also be responsible for determining the objectives, strategies and actions that need to be adopted to address business-risk issues, reduce the Bank’s risk, and achieve managed exit/recovery solutions so that the bank realizes the maximum return in the shortest possible time.
• The successful candidate will also be responsible for a portfolio made up of the most involving and complicated corporate and business banking recovery accounts, a selection of which have the highest provisions raised on them, those with the highest exposures, and those which are politically sensitive.
Main Accountabilities and approximate time split
Business Management – 40%
- Lead discussions with Relationship Managers to identify Bank risk, Business risk and critical issues for specific customers. Lead proactive formulation and implementation of strategies to improve Business and Bank risk.
- Actively manage customers, through customer visiting, to ensure business and banking risk issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Obtain customers’ commitment to implement appropriate strategies and actions to improve business and Bank risk.
- Packages, reviewing / quantifying business and Bank risk.
- Analyze / appraise lending propositions, customers’ plans / strategies and budgets & cash flow – sensitivity analysis.
- there are mutual relationships
- Develop network of contacts internally and also with local external professionals in order to maximize effectiveness in assisting customers.
- Promote the Business Recovery team to internal audiences (including relationship and credit teams and group companies) and professionals.
- Where appropriate, manage the use of professionals including accountants, turnaround managers, solicitors and property professionals, obtaining customer’s agreement to their use, preparing instructions and reviewing results.
- Ensure data integrity is maintained
- Raise provision if required
Recoveries – 30 %
- Lead detailed negotiations with customers, sometimes in conjunction with Relationship Managers, regarding the agreement to, and implementation of, strategy, e.g. Settlement proposals, etc.
- Lead proactive formulation and implementation of strategies on managed exits/recoveries.
Sales and Service – 20%
- Lead detailed negotiations with customers, sometimes in conjunction with Relationship Managers, regarding the agreement to, and implementation of strategy e.g. new lending propositions, terms and conditions of continuing Bank support etc.
- Manage relationships with customers in a manner which, through professional communication of often uncomfortable messages, increases customer satisfaction and enhances Absa’s Brand.
- Identify sales opportunities, progressing these in partnership with Relationship
Sanctioning – 10%
- Responsible for the BS & R sanctioning as per the discretions held
- Good credit risk skills
- Good relationship management skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Strong communication and report writing skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet/database applications
- Strong planning, coordination and time management skills.
Knowledge and Expertise
- Experience of both corporate relationship management and credit risk analysis
- Experience of dealing with senior management of corporate entities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Detailed understanding of policies for provisions / NAD / write offs.
- Good knowledge of the local legal system, insolvency law and security issues, and the options available to the Bank.
- Good understanding of the role of Business Support and Corporate Recoveries in Africa
- Previous experience of relationship management of corporate customers
- Previous experience of credit risk analysis and/or sanctioning
- Experience of working under pressure and with very little supervision
Experience and Qualifications
- Sound banking experience
- Good knowledge of corporate finance and insolvency laws
- Graduate and/or Professional Banking qualifications (e.g. ACIB,ATIOB)
Key issues over the next 12 months
- Working to achieve releases of provisions to bring Absa Kenya provisions within budget
- Reducing average case life to be within set targets
- Increasing the rate of recoveries to achieve set targets
- Reach accredited status required for the role within 12 months
- Ensuring adherence to process and procedures to ensure a good report from impending GIA audit visit.
Additional details of exceptional aspects of the demands of the role
- The individual must be a self starter and be able to diagnose and solve problems. The role will require working under very minimal supervision and the use of a great deal of initiative. The role holder must be aware of the various options available to the bank in the process of recovering debts. Previous knowledge of debt recovery will be a distinct advantage
EducationHigher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Lead Generator – Various Locations
Job SummaryTo achieve agreed targets in line with the business objectives through pro-active selling of all the bank’s product and provision of excellent customer service
SALES TO RETAIL CUSOTMERS
- Deliver exceptional sales performance by identifying and meeting customer needs through selling & cross selling of all Absa Bank Retail products and services.
- Provide direct “hands on” sales support (quality lead generation and effective follow-up) to generate and convert quality leads into sales.
- Participate in specific product campaigns by ensuring that the products are explained to customers.
- Agree, meet and exceed targets for specific sales campaigns.
- Maintain own sales performance statistics for management information usage.
- Own and manage personal products & channel sales targets to contribute towards the direct sales objectives and targets.
- Refer to the appropriate area of delivery for specialist product help or advise (e.g. Schemes or Mortgage) when uncertain about the product delivery or application process. Respond directly to the customer.
- Complete account opening documentation together with customers and submit to Line Manager for review before submitting to operations for processing.
- When selling loans to Retail customers, complete the financial analysis and statement review on customer accounts. Where customers do not meet the minimum criteria, advise the customer verbally or in writing as the customer requires. Report such denials to the Line Manager on a daily basis.
- Call customers when their accounts have been opened and provide the customer with contact information for the branch at which their account is held.
- Own customer queries and complaints around account opening, loans and card applications and resolve in a timely manner. Escalate any unresolved queries, or queries not resolved in a short period of time to the Line Manager.
- Build relationships with internal service providers (Operations and the KYC Helpdesk) to ensure a quick turnaround time of escalated queries and complaints.
- Advise customers as soon as new loans are approved and encourage draw-downs on the new loans
- Open scheme loan accounts referred by the Scheme Loans Relationship Managers
OPERATIONAL RIGOUR, COMPLIANCE AND CONTROLS
“Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
- Ensure accuracy of each new account application, loan document, Barclaycard application and all other customer documents. Lead Generators (LGs) are held personally accountable for accuracy and quality of these and supporting documents that they complete and submit.
- Achieve operational rigor excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes personally undertaken to ensure green audit.
- Follow the Retail end to end account opening ensuring new accounts are authorized and KYC compliant. Escalate any items that exceed the agreed service level time lines or where there are unresolved KYC requirements, to the Line Manager.
- Comply with general Absa operational risk & rigor requirements e.g. Health & Safety standards and security of premises, KYC and anti-money laundering regulations.
CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE TEAM
- Share knowledge and experience with other Lead Generators in the team.
- Provide cover for other Lead Generators in case of excessive workload or absence.
- Deputize for the Line Manager whenever required.
- Agree annual performance objectives with the Sales Manager, including specific sales targets.
- Pursue continued improvement in personal development by participating in development programs and training.
EducationFurther Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)