Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Supply Chain Jobs, Procurement Jobs, Career Opportunities,
Regional Supply Chain Officer
Overall purpose of the role
The Regional Supply Chain Officer’s support all activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing, transport, shipping, customs clearance, warehousing, asset and fleet management in the Regional and support EAGL region country offices (COs), according to DRC’s internal and donor procedures, as per the Operations Handbook prescribed Quality Standards.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
The position holder is expected to ensure effective supply chain that enables the DRC operations to meet the needs of persons of concerns as well as timely delivery of quality goods and services to persons of concern.
- Support the procurement process in the RO and COs to ensure timely, cost-effective, value for money, quality and adequate delivery of commodities and services and to maintain continuous communication with requesters
- Support the procurement process in the French Speaking COs to ensure compliance with DRC and Donor regulations
- Liaising with the RSCM and Supply Chain managers in the Country Offices, support the procurement process to ensure compliance to DRC and Donor rules.
- To ensure all procurement procedures, practice, and documentation meet standards set in the DRC Operations Handbook, and in accordance with donor requirements, to bring transparency and accountability to the Supply chain processes.
- Responsible for the review of SC documentation from the French speaking countries in the EAGL region. Review high value documentation with support the RSCM
- Support program team members in the RO and SC Managers COs in the development of procurement plans.
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements, rules and regulations relating to SC, particularly in relation to local procurement and anti-corruption measures
- Provide Support in tender committee processes for large procurements in the French speaking countries as per the Country Supply Chain Work flow and review tenders before awarding of contracts.
- Compile monthly procurement status reports/tracker liaising with SC Managers in the LEs and share with the Regional Supply Chain Manager and SMT.
- Support the operation to Plan, Prepare, carry out the process of establishing Frame Work Agreements for all items as per DRC procurement guidelines.
- Flag bottlenecks and weaknesses in internal SC control to be addressed by management
- To liaise with DRC Finance teams regarding payments and documentation challenges.
- To ensure fair, transparent and professional dealings with all external suppliers and contractors in line with the DRC Operations Handbook
- To lead and coordinate regional procurement activities including annual process of establishing supplier lists and framework agreements, linking with colleagues in the Regional office and different programmes
- Assist in the preparation of standardized supplier prequalification documentation
- Cover for RO office SC colleagues when away.
- Participate in New projects kick off meetings when required
- Create vendor prospects and conduct prohibited parties search, due diligence for all new vendors and ensure they seek approvals to add new vendors from RHOSS and ensure Proper filing of all supplier’s registration documents including approvals.
- Complete the Regional Monthly APIs and share with RSCM by the 10th of the following month.
- Review and sign off vehicle log sheets on a weekly basis to monitor movement usage and fuel consumption
- Oversee filing of all fleet documents on the RO i.e. drivers’ docs, maintenance records, fuel reconciliation, insurance docs, log sheets and log books and monthly fleet performance reports
- Ensure well-maintained and functional transport fleet for staff and material needs, including vehicle allocation in Somalia.
- Review monthly transport reports from COs and monitor fuel/Maintenance consumption/Performance and share monthly reports with the RSCM
- Effectively convey fleet procurement and logistics procedures to staff and supervise their implementation.
- Support DRC’s global understanding and learning on logistics good practice through sharing and exchange of tools
- Support effective warehouse management in accordance with the DRC Operations Handbook and/or donor requirements.
- Review and submit timely and accurate stock reports from the COs on a monthly basis
- Strengthen staff capacity and warehouse management processes.
- Liaising with the SCMs in the COs, ensure stock is properly recorded and kept and discrepancies reported.
- Working closely with the SCMs, ensure proper monitoring of stock and distributions carried out before project closeout
- Organize disposal of old stock and assets as per DRC/Donor guidelines.
Assets/ Equipment responsibilities’
- Responsible for the process of Asset /General Programme equipment tracking by tagging, updating ID cards, Personal issue, timely updating of Central register in Dynamics to meet 100% Audit requirements working closely with CO SCMs
- Coordinate independent asset verification once a year and ensure reports are filed.
- Update DRC asset Register for all losses, donations, scrapping, Theft, Transfer and filling of relevant supportive documentation to support Audit trail.
- Ensure all required and available communication equipment are installed and working and functioning properly; supporting regular maintenance in consultation with ICT staff, Admin and SC team members
- Ensure that the Fixed Asset Register (FAR) is updated and verified quarterly in Dynamics and copied to the Head of Support Services in the COs
- Support and lead Regular Asset verification process in all offices, Assets are tagged and ensure the assets are included in the Asset list and signed by Area Managers.
- Ensure that all procedures and documents pertaining to Asset Management as per the DRC Operations handbook are in place and being followed.
- Ensure donation certificates with recipient’s signature are obtained and filed for all assets and equipment donated to beneficiaries/partner groups or received from donors.
- Oversee CO archiving and ensure asset disposal mechanisms are in place.
- Read and understand DRC OHs as per the Supply Chain governance framework in both English and French
- Translate simple documents and carry out SC trainings in French from time to time
- Gap filling in country offices during emergencies or in case of position gaps.
- Consult the Regional Supply chain Manager on High Value procurements and exceptions to policy issues.
- Support the COs as needed in the recruitment of Supply Chain staff.
- Any other tasks as will be assigned from time to time
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Purchasing and Supplies or a Diploma Level preferable from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
- Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management. (KISM) or any other relevant body
- With at least 6-years work experience in relevant field INGO or other agencies experience in Supply Chain management.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Good knowledge ERP Supply Chain software’s Systems is mandatory.
- Knowledge of international humanitarian and development systems, institutions and donor’s programs (including ECHO, DFID and OFDA), and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Proven commitment to accountable practices.
- Knowledge of working in challenging environments.
- Proven ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations between programs & support
- Proficient in written and spoken French is mandatory
- Ability to travel regularly within the region and beyond for up to 4 weeks at a short time notice and sometimes in conflict areas and physically difficult conditions.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Danish Refugee Council on candidate.hr-manager.net to apply