Free Online Resume Builder
Create an attractive online profile for employers to hire you
Find details here
Market Category Manager, Agriculture Development (Africa)
Purpose of the role
To lead development and execution of DIAGEO PLC local sourcing strategy, working collaboratively with a complex set of internal and external partners, including DIAGEO PLC Senior Management, Diageo Africa Source Center of Excellence, Farmers, Government & Policy Makers, Value Chain Partners, amongst others.
To lead development of our core supply chains of sorghum, barley, maize and cassava, taking accountability for project design and execution, working closely with in-market and above-market Leadership teams, and all external stakeholders including private and non-profit partners.
The role is part of the governance structure for DIAGEO PLC LRM strategy and execution in Africa, accountable for delivery of key LRM business goals in Africa. The following are the market and role complexities;
- Liaises with, consults and advises the Africa Head of Procurement, Market Supply Chain Directors, CR Directors, Heads of Procurement, and as part of the Africa Source Center of Excellence, engages with the CoE leadership to ensure high standards of both design and execution of Africa Local Sourcing Strategy
- Works across functions and with the leadership team to ensure the development and implementation of DIAGEO PLC LRM strategy that can guarantee cost-effective and sustainable local supply chains for core materials
- Working with Africa Head of Procurement and the Source CoE leadership team to identify and implement partnerships and breakthrough business models that deliver value across all markets.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
The role will be focused on leading the development and execution of best-in-class LRM strategies for DIAGEO PLC in Africa. It would work closely with Africa Exec and functional teams to ensure that LRM strategies are fit-for-market, and are pursued with rigor and pace.
The role would also interface with Senior State and Federal Govt. officials, as well as Senior Management of partner organizations both in the private and non-profit sectors.
- Lead development and execution of DIAGEO Africa LRM 5 year LRM strategy, and as priority implement a sustainable sourcing model for sorghum, barley and cassava
- Ensure supply chain stability and growth of Diageo Africa LRM working closely with internal and external partners across Africa
- Lead the Africa Agribusiness team, shaping design and execution of cross-cutting initiatives across markets and geographies.
- Be responsible for team management, motivation, and performance
- Lead implementation of Diageo Sustainable Agriculture Strategy, ensuring fit for purpose implementation of key objectives
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in exceptional development and execution of local sourcing strategies, involving multiple and diverse set of internal and external stakeholders, across multiple geographies .
- Strong, persuasive leadership, communication and influencing skills will be essential
- An astute commercial sensibility, with proven experience in delivering on clear financial outcomes
- Degree or equivalent in any technical discipline
- Strong knowledge of Agriculture Supply Chains is a must
- Awareness of Diageo quality, risk management, environmental and safety standards would be a strong plus
- An established network of government and business contacts in the field of agri-business development
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.