Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Project Management jobs,
About the Role
The Fund Manager will be responsible for providing advice on the set up of a voucher system and provide technical support in its management. He/she will be responsible for the day-to-day management and long-term improvement of the system. Key tasks will be to advise on the voucher process (including ensuring proper forms are used, outlined procedures are followed, and target beneficiaries have a thorough understanding of the system); lead in the customization of the service providers’ system (platform, vendor applications and other software integrations); maintain proper databases of beneficiaries, transactions, and vendors.
The specific responsibility of the Fund Manager will include:
- Ensure proper documentation of application processes and maintain filing systems for documentation.
- Work with the team such as the MEL unit to integrate all monitoring activities into the voucher’s intervention work plan, as well as ensure that the regular monitoring of markets is in place.
- Advise on the voucher process (including ensuring proper forms are used, outlined procedures are followed, and target beneficiaries have a thorough understanding of the system)
- Lead in the customization of the service providers’ system (platform, vendor applications and other software integrations).
- Maintain proper databases of beneficiaries, transactions, and vendors.
The selection criteria will include:
- Masters´ degree in relevant field of study (Management, Financial, development studies)
- Minimum of 8 years of proven experience in the field of voucher-based programming and program management. Strong technical background, with focus on voucher-based transfers; experience from remote management will be an asset.
- It is imperative that the candidate has significant skills and experience in project cycle management.
- Excellent English writing skills – including a firm grasp on MS Office and other presentation and analytical software tools (accountability – donor reporting)
- Strong communication (written and oral) and inter-personal skills (ability to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural team and with different stakeholders)
- Other required skills: leadership, strong analytical skills, strong logical and lateral thinking for strategic programming.
- Demonstrable success in starting-up and implementing voucher-based intervention, preferably electronic, is preferred.
- Experience with databases, data collection, and data management is preferred.
- Experience with data analysis, including various methods and software, is preferred.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – 15th August 2023, at 5PM East Africa Time (EAT)
Portfolio Manager – Technical Assistance (TA)
- DT Global is currently seeking to fill a Portfolio Manager Technical Assistance (TA) to oversee technical assistance delivery to workers, microenterprises, and small businesses (portfolio companies).
- The Portfolio Manager TA is expected to be a senior experienced professional that has the business acumen and experience to command respect and value perception by our clients, and is able to see beyond episodic challenges by diagnosing and addressing technical assistance challenges (e.g., corporate governance, financial, corporate culture, strategy, organizational, etc.) The Portfolio Manager TA will report to the Program Team Lead with technical oversight by the Content Advisor.
- Primary responsibilities of the Portfolio Manager TA will include:
Strategic Development of TA Activities
- Oversee portfolio companies and program partners TA needs and gaps assessments.
- Contribute to the design of the program TA /capacity-building strategy and coordinate internally and externally on strategic aspects of the strategy.
- Coordinate with program partners on the development and implementation of their TA strategies (ensuring alignment to the overall program TA strategy and objectives).
- Explore / pioneer innovative models and different modes of TA delivery (e.g., voucher schemes, pay for success, cost sharing)
- Support with the development of a governance framework for program TA activities which will provide guidance to program partners on the process for allocation, application, approval, and monitoring.
- Monitor and review progress in the implementation of TA activities, including the design of evaluation frameworks.
- Undertake lesson learning sessions with the M&E team and ensure lessons learnt are incorporated and that there is a plan in place to scale TA initiatives that show early signs of success.
- Contribute to the development of program annual work plans, performance monitoring systems (including KPI’s) and tools, and the writing of program reports on TA activities.
- Contribute to TA budget forecasting and monitoring of TA spend.
- Prepare and present periodical TA progress reports, both technical and financial, to the client, investors, and management as required.
Delivery of TA Activities
- Lead the identification, onboarding, curation, and training of an aggregation of BDS providers to support with TA delivery.
- Oversee the execution of all TA related activities in the areas of organizational development, leadership and management, operations and financial management, partner relations, communications, strategy, governance, legal, monitoring and evaluation, technology utilization, and others.
- Develop materials and processes for specific areas/topics identified as needed for TA for the portfolio, including training, mentoring, and coaching of clients, peer learning, and other methodologies.
- Ensure flexibility and high-quality TA provided to portfolio companies and program partners and incorporate quality control mechanisms.
Manage External Consultants and Third-Party TA Providers
- Ensure that the work of the TA consultants / BDS providers remains in line with the contractual targets, outputs and outcomes and that the service is delivered on time and on budget in lines.
- Maintain an archive of key documents and records concerning project activity for reporting purposes.
- Perform any other duty as assigned in line with the organization goals and objective.
- The Portfolio Manager TA will ensure the KPI’s and Program Technical Assistance targets are met.
To be considered for this role, you should be committed to supporting businesses that provide sustainable economic opportunities to millions of people living at the base of the economic pyramid. The candidate therefore should have a demonstrated track record in working in the Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) space in developing countries with previous investment and/or consulting experience.
Your selection criteria will also include:
- Relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with 10+ years of experience providing technical assistance and capacity building for SMEs in East Africa most preferably in Kenya.
- Prior experience in leading implementation of a technical assistance program under a donor funded program.
- Prior experience building organizational and individual capacity, to support implementation of TA activities with other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience as a project manager for complex international and local projects, ideally donor funded programs.
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting and monitoring costs.
- Demonstrated experience in reporting (both financial and technical)
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – 30th July 2023, at 5PM East Africa Time (EAT)
Team Leader/Skills Development Specialist
About the Role
The Team Leader/Skills Development Specialist will play a critical leadership role in support of DT Global/client’s project implementation activities. This will include coordination of team members and ensuring timely delivery of milestones. The position will be responsible for overall administration of the program as well as supervision of the field staff.
The primary responsibilities of the Team Leader/Skills Development Specialist are:
- Support implementation and best practices in capacity building in the areas of workforce development and skills development.
- Lead identification of proven models and approaches that deliver labor market relevant skills which will improve both employability for the targeted youth and productivity for their businesses/employers.
- Advise, create and, if need be, facilitate training programs and tools to enhance knowledge and performance of the project team as well as target youth/MSMEs.
- Manage renovations and upgrading of training facilities (civil works) and equipment
- Extensive experience providing direct services to young people, ideally including employability and/or employment outcomes.
To be considered for this role, you will have Master’s degree in business, education or TVET. You have at least 15 years of experience in micro enterprise advisory, capacity building roles, including international development, ideally in skills, education, and youth development programs. You have experience with direct service provision to youth. You demonstrated understanding of and passion for youth economic empowerment and workforce development in Sub-Sahara Africa. East Africa experience is preferred. You will have experience designing and implementing programming focused on capacity building of organizations to deliver market relevant training, strong interpersonal and analytical skills and excellent communication and report-writing skills as well as proficiency in English, with excellent writing and presentation skills.
The selection criteria will also include:
- 10 years’ experience working with large multi-disciplinary teams constituting of national and international staff.
- Experience implementing projects in liaison with national government and donor.
- Experience coordinating/ managing projects with large and numerous sub-contracting.
- Experience designing, implementing, and monitoring large (> US$50M) multi-year program progress and impact.
- 10 years working on youth empowerment projects (minimum 5 years on entrepreneurship and 5 years on employment).
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – 15th August 2023, at 5PM East Africa Time (EAT)
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
UN Jobs Salary Scale | United Nations Salary Range
- Fund Manager
- Portfolio Manager – Technical Assistance (TA)
- Team Leader/Skills Development Specialist