ICT jobs, Computer Science jobs, Security and Intelligence jobs,
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a company where progress, and humility are valued as highly as technical excellence? At M-KOPA we use the latest technologies and architectures to build fantastic customer experiences with a socially and environmentally conscious mission that echoes throughout the organisation.
- We’re looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our Technical Department who’s collaborative, communicative, systematic and a fast-learning results-driven person. The Cloud Infrastructure Team at M-KOPA supports our teams to stay on the frontline of modernisation, scalability, security and efficiency of a complex and quickly growing cloud environment. Your main objective will be to automate and maintain M-KOPA’s infrastructure for application hosting and integration. You will also be responsible for supporting teams in CI/CD and DevOps practices.
- As an engineer in the group you will work as a collaborator, more senior members will coach and contribute placing an emphasis on high quality output observability and monitoring.
- Our roles are fully remote, within the following time zone (UTC -1 / UTC+3). Our engineers work remotely from locations such as UK, Europe and Africa. You will be reporting to the Engineering Manager.
About the role
- As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will support our services using Microsoft Azure, specifically Azure Kubernetes Service as well as support transitions of some IaaS legacy assets towards modern infrastructure. As a part of a team of four cloud engineers, you will be responsible for our shared cloud infrastructure, including all operational aspects including observability, updates automation, capacity management, compliance & security, etc.
- We are in constant collaboration with the backend developers and our mission is to empower the developers to manage most of the infrastructure work (e.g. CI/CD, resource scaling, observability, etc.), and assist where needed.
- Our expectations are that you have strong experience working as an Infrastructure engineer and good experience working with Azure Cloud.
- You have a strong DevOps mentality, you have an orientation towards efficient cross-team collaboration and communication to ensure eliminating bottlenecks and enabling a broad team of software engineers to deliver value based on a robust shared infrastructure/processes.
- For this role, experience with infrastructure-as-code and an understanding in its value is important.
- Recognized twice by the Financial Times as one Africa’s fastest growing company (2022 and 2023) and by TIME100 Most influential companies in the world 2023 , we’ve served over 3 million customers, unlocking $1 billion in cumulative credit for the unbanked across Africa.
Junior Threat Intelligence Analyst
You’re excited about this opportunity because;
- You will create, build and enhance a bespoke Threat Intelligence platform, exceeding the capabilities of 99% of Threat Intelligence teams.
- You will identify new threats against M-KOPA, our products and our employees.
- You will get to learn about development best practices, Continuous Integration and Continuous Development processes.
- You will become familiar with the latest hardware hacking, web applications hacking and malware attacks.
- You will receive and analyze cyber threat alerts from various sources and communicate them to the appropriate team members.
- You will perform cyber defense trend analysis, assist team members with determining their cybersecurity requirements, and establish reporting mechanisms.
- You will develop and deliver written and oral mobile threat alerts, scheduled internal notifications, case studies, and after-action reports to several stakeholders.
- You will coordinate and communicate across multiple stakeholder groups.
- You will monitor external data sources to maintain an up-to-date understanding of cyber actors and threats and provide recommendations on prioritizing cyber threats and prevention/mitigation measures.
- You will review and evaluate incoming intelligence reports, information, collection plans, and programs.
We’re excited about you because you have experience with;
- Moderate experience writing Python programs or knowledge of Python development.
- Any experience with Microsoft Azure or cloud microservice architectures
- Some familiarity with modern development practices, e.g. Continuous Integration and Continuous Development.
- Any knowledge of Threat Intelligence principles.
- Windows and Linux command line knowledge.
Benefits – What’s in it for you!
- You will be involved, and participate in, our Application and Information Security Red Teaming operations.
- Have the opportunity to travel internationally to attend conferences and training courses.
- Annual Learning and Development Fund – You have an annual $ 1,200 allowance to spend on learning and development (that is, between 1 January and 31 December). For your first year at M-KOPA, this allowance is pro-rated depending on the month that you start.
- Home Office Set Up – Having the best IT equipment tools in the world doesn’t make sense if you do not have a proper setup to work with. For this reason, M-KOPA will pre-approve the following items for a total budget of $1000 that you can use at any time after signing the offer letter with M-KOPA
- On site retreats with wider tech team, plus trips to operational markets’
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.