Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Engineering an Technical Jobs, Mechanical Operations Jobs, Driving Jobs, Career Opportunities,
CNC Machine Operators- Press Brake- 4 Posts
We are looking for someone who wants to take their Engineering career to the next level. The Role is a significant Position for the Organsiation and handles a large volume of clients work. We have current technology innterms of working tools which will enhance your skills and experience to the next world of technology.
Our Client is East Africas leading Engineering firm in Fabrication and Precise Engineering works, and is presently undergoing a transformation from a manufacturing-centric organisation, to becoming a growth-focussed world class consumer company, which is values-led, process driven, and has a high performing organisation. This role is an opportunity to utilise your existing skills and take on additional experience on current technology.
Qualifications & Skills,
- 2-3 years experience operating CNC machines such as; Press Brake(Bending), TPP Punching, Shearing, laser cutting etc
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to read and interpret drawings, programs
- Able to read and write
- Teamwork Skills
- Artisan Grade III or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering(Production)
- Good communication skills
Quality Control Technician – Mechanical Production
Inspection and Testing:
- Perform visual inspections, dimensional measurements, and functional tests on mechanical components, assemblies, and finished products.
- Utilize a variety of measuring instruments and equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, gauges, and specialized testing devices, to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Follow standardized procedures and work instructions to conduct inspections and tests accurately and consistently.
- Ensure compliance with quality control standards and specifications defined by internal policies, industry regulations, and customer requirements.
- Review product documentation, including engineering drawings, specifications, and work instructions, to verify that manufacturing processes are being followed correctly.
- Identify and document non-conformities, defects, and deviations from specifications, and initiate corrective actions as required.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of inspection results, test data, and quality-related information.
- Collaborate with production teams and Design and Development engineers to identify the root causes of quality issues and recommend process improvements.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to enhance product quality, reduce defects, and increase overall efficiency.
- Provide feedback on inspection procedures, test methods, and quality control processes to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Communicate inspection findings and quality-related issues to relevant stakeholders, including production supervisors, engineers, and management, and report daily reports.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to resolve quality-related problems and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Collaborate with suppliers and customers, when necessary, to address quality concerns, conduct audits, and ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Ensure the proper functioning and calibration of inspection equipment and testing devices.
- Perform regular maintenance and calibration activities as per established schedules.
- Identify equipment issues or malfunctions and report them to the appropriate personnel for repairs or replacements.
- Documentation and Record-Keeping:
- Inspect, in-process and finished products.
- To stop the machine due to quality-related issues
- Quarantine nonconforming products in production
- Conduct a root cause analysis and identify and implement corrective action.
- Reject nonconforming products and raw materials.
- Collaboration and Communication with other stakeholders to address quality-related issues.
- Training and Development for the quality and production teams and other stakeholders
- Losses due to quality
- Process losses
- Rejection rate:
- Production downtime
- Training and development
- Continuous improvement
- Risk management
- First Pass Yield (FPY)
- Customer complaints:
- Technical certifications in mechanical engineering or a related field are preferred.
- Previous experience in quality control, preferably in a mechanical production environment, is highly desirable.
- Solid understanding of mechanical manufacturing processes, quality control techniques, and inspection methods. Familiarity with industry standards and specifications.
- Proficiency in using various measuring instruments and testing devices
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and work instructions.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to spot defects and deviations from standards.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify root causes and recommend corrective actions.
- Effective communication skills to convey information and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Good organizational skills to manage and maintain accurate records and documentation.