How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
Managerial jobs, Technical Jobs,
Tavevo Water And Sewerage Company Ltd is a water service provider in Taita Taveta County.
Our vision is to be the leading provider of quality affordable water and sanitation services in Taita Taveta County.
To achieve this, we need to strengthen our human resource capacity as a company. We therefore invite application from suitable qualified and experienced candidates with excellent credentials to fill the following position:
POSITION: ASSISTANT TECHNICAL MANAGER
To plan, direct, and/or coordinate activities in such fields as abstraction, production, quality assurance and distribution of water in the company jurisdiction.
Fixed contract Three (3) year Contract term
Reporting to the Technical Manager of Tavevo Water and Sewerage Company.
- Ability to work unsupervised and make complex and high impact decisions.
- Proven experience of delivering projects from inception through to completion.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Well organized, with the ability to manage competing priorities and work in a Complex and pressurized environment effectively
- Ability to build professional relationships with people from a variety of Backgrounds and cultures, able to influence senior managers and other Stakeholders (internal and external) on the appropriate course of action.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to explain high-level technical Concepts to staff of varying technical ability.
- vii. Proactive with the ability to work in a collaborative environment, including sharing Knowledge, mentoring and providing training to others below him or assigned by the relevant departments.
- Willing and able to work late evenings and weekends at short notice to carry out essential maintenance services and updates of the company.
- Commitment to TAVEVO values and obligations as stipulated in the company documents.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
- Ability to explain clearly, design ideas and plans and analyse large amounts of data and critically assess solutions that will leverage on company improvement
- Confidence in decision making
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have project management skills
- Ability to work within budgets
- Possess good team working skills
- Have comprehensive knowledge of relevant legal regulation in the water and/or sewerage sector
- Bachelors Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Water Engineering from a recognized university.
- Candidates should be registered with EBK or IEK
- Proficiency in computer applications, AUTOCAD,
- Knowledge in GIS will be an added advantage
- A least 3 Years’ Experience in Utility Operations.
In liaison with the Technical Manager of Tavevo water and Sewerage Company, the assistant technical manager will;
- Direct, coordinate, control and manage the company’s Technical Operations and maintenance of the infrastructure in all branches.
- Be responsible for maintaining water service delivery infrastructure in the county where Tavevo operates.
- Manage construction works, either by using external consultants or company resources.
- Manage company assets such as and not limited to plants and machinery through effective maintenance and repairs.
- Develop programs that ensure efficient utilization of assets and overall infrastructure.
- Establish the necessary staffing needs for the department and ensuring there is well trained and efficient workforce in the company.
- Develop departmental strategies, policies and plans to facilitate achievement of overall company objective.
- Ensure compliance with legal statues and regulations that govern the water industry in the country and in the County.
- Provide Technical guidance necessary in development of new products necessary in achieving company strategies.
- Establish a Non-Revenue Water management unit, plans and targets that are realistic and workable within the company.
- Ensure regular/daily, prompt and accurate preparation of water production, sales and supply statistics.
- Collating and analyzing the NRW data and advising all the sections on any interventions that may be necessary at any point in Time.
- Prepare project proposals and technical reports for the Technical manager to present to the management and the Board of Directors.
- Any other responsibilities assigned from time to time by management for purposes of TAVEVO achieving its mandate.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the above requirements can send their applications;
The Managing Director
Tavevo Water and Sewerage Co. Ltd
On or before 7th April, 2020 by 4:00 pm
- Candidates must attach a clear copy of their national identity card or valid passport.
- Candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by obtaining Clearance from HELB, DCI, KRA, CRB and EACC.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Youth, women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates found canvassing will automatically be disqualified.