Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Banking jobs, Finance jobs,Accounting jobs,Auditing jobs, Risk Management jobs,Operations jobs,
Business Banking Sector Head – Coast region
- To directly lead a relationship team(s) covering a portfolio of Business Banking customers with specific focus on Coast Region.
- To be a key member of the Business Banking Leadership Team, driving business performance within Coast Region.
- Performance management and coaching of members of the Business Banking team in Coast Region
- To personally relationship manage and sustain a portfolio of Business Banking customers, building long term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business. This is achieved particularly through offering quick risk decisions, product solutions and managing consistency and quality customer experience.
- The primary objective is to maximize risk-adjusted portfolio contribution, while balancing the requirements for lending to and Risk.
- The jobholder will be responsible for business development both with new customers and with existing customers where they are expected to increase “wallet share”.
- The jobholder will also be responsible for driving ecosystem banking practice within the region working closely with CIB and Retail teams to drive growth
- The job holder will be expected to develop an intimate knowledge of the various sectors and industry partners within Business Banking supporting growth in the region, relevant regulatory frameworks and demonstrate the ability to engage all stakeholders to support the team in business development activities.
Sales & Service -Time split 40%
- Grow the industry team’s portfolio profitability by identifying new and existing customer potential including sales opportunities and new product promotion initiatives.
- Formulate business development strategies and objectives for the Coast BB segment to meet changing market needs.
- Monitor the conformance of the team using new relationship development procedures.
- Monitor results of customer surveys for the Segment against target service quality standards.
- Monitor levels of complaints and quality of handling for the BB Coast portfolio.
- Proactively research competitive threats/opportunities within the team’s market and geographical area.
- Communicate all key messages to customers including agreed service standards, negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points (including introductions to new personnel) and new product changes.
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews of customers borrowing facilities
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews with non-borrowing customers
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers’ needs and be able to sell these at short notice both reactively and proactively
Business Management -Time split 30%
- Manage performance of the Coast Business banking team against key financial (risk-adjusted contribution) sales, service, and operational targets.
- Champion, manage and monitor implementation of change impacting the team and arising from Central and local business change programs.
- Consult customer owners/managers on financial/credit issues and general business practices/ideas.
- Support the team to develop Customer Relationship Plans for customers in a managed portfolio.
- Work closely with the Business Banking Director in driving and delivering business performance in the country
- Research, create, and follow up on a target list for potential new business
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Relationship Planning templates to assess their present and potential contributions.
- Control and quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies.
Staff Management – Time split 30%
- Lead the RMs and CMAs within the team using a team-based management approach.
- Help team members to identify strengths and weaknesses in their own skills and attributes, review their self-development plans and ensure training and development needs are accommodated.
- Coach team members on relationship development, service quality, and risk.
- Assess managers’ performance against the contract. Review and input to Performance Development Reviews.
- The Job holder will be a degree holder and also be an ACIB or equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills
- Detailed knowledge of the Core set of products
- For Complex products, will have a detailed knowledge of the requirements of the more sophisticated customers.
- Introduce the product and coordinate the introduction of the relevant Group product specialist.
- A good knowledge of the products and services available in the Personal Sector is also required.
- A broad understanding of policies and strategies within the country as they relate to the demands of the customer base.
- A detailed understanding of Country and CBRM guidelines and credit risk policies
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Senior Credit Manager – CIB
- To develop tactical strategy and delivery plans, formulate associated practice/s and to ensure operational implementation and adoption i.t.o. credit control methodology, governance and delivery objectives.
- Senior Credit Manager – Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB)
The Role Holder will be a credit professional reporting into the Head of Wholesale Credit with specific responsibilities for CIB lending book as follows;
- Credit risk structuring and sanctioning covering multiple industry sectors. The role holder will have specific responsibilities for a range of CIB customers within his delegated mandate of at least US$5m.
- Reviewing of credit exposures above their delegated mandate and recommending to the relevant mandate holder within the country including Kenya Wholesale Credit Committee (KWCC) or seeking input from ARO Regional Sanctioning office in South Africa.
- Support the Head of Wholesale Credit in providing effective leadership and mentorship to the Corporate Credit team in Kenya.
- Monitoring of Concentration risks, Portfolio performance, capital efficiency across key sectors and managing limits within defined risk appetite, while ensuring the right risk/reward outcomes
- Main Accountabilities and approximate time splits %
Credit Risk Management (60-70%)
- Ensure the highest standard of credit quality through the structure, sanctioning, monitoring and control of credit applications. Maintenance of these standards both personally and as part of the Corporate Credit Team.
- Sole lending discretion, DG linked of at least US$5m (depending on personal experience/accreditation).
- Ensuring the optimal quality of the credit portfolio with CIB impairment within appetite, by application of best practice in decision-making, monitoring and control
- Exercise judgement and discretion in the evaluation and approval/decline of higher risk classification credit proposals and provide support for those going to ARO Credit in South Africa or the Kenya Wholesale Credit Committee (KWCC).
- Provide feeds into business and credit on lending criteria, sector appetite policy/process development, where appropriate.
- Implementation and ongoing delivery of business and credit policies and processes.
- Responsibility for personal adherence to governance, compliance and lending portfolio controls. Ensuring own conformance to policy and procedures within the Corporate Credit Function, including proactive management of agreed responsibilities for Data Integrity.
- Ensuring no breaches to mandate and scale limits
- Challenge risk reward and pricing where appropriate
Accountability: Business Risk Partnership (20-30%)
- Deliver service in line with agreed business needs. Ensuring set Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Turnaround Times (TAT) are adhered.
- Work with Country colleagues, providing post application-based coaching and discussion, where appropriate to ensure effective development and delivery of bespoke Risk solutions for customers.
- Participate in and act as alternate Chair to the Wholesale Credit Head in risk governance committees including RRCC, PQR and EWL for CIB. Providing support in in structuring key transactions through Pre-Deal Forums, New business Committee (NBC).
- Contributing to development of lending criteria for Structured Trade Commodities Financing products (STCF), Trade and Working Capital Teams (TWC), Agriculture propositions, Commercial Property Financing (CPF) in close collaboration with CIB leadership.
- Participating in improvement/simplification and automation of the end-to-end Credit process. Including credit origination, monitoring and control, post sanction activity cost reductions and development of people.
- Customer service – Supporting the business through Joint Customer visits for key clients and complex deals support the Team to operate within cost budgets
Staff Management (10-20%)
- Support the Head of Wholesale Credit in delivering effective performance development for individuals within the team.
- Coaching and training colleagues in policies, credit management and credit origination in order to improve quality of credit applications.
- Drive proactive application of ABSA Behaviours both personally and throughout the team and coach and support colleagues within the Team
- Strong intellect balanced by practical and pragmatic approach
- Analytical and numerate
- Technical Lending Analysis
- Risk Management
- Build effective working relationships with staff and stakeholders
- Articulate communications (written and oral) and presentations
- Effective negotiation and influencing
- Experienced Leadership
Knowledge and Experience
- (Relating to specialist knowledge and expertise required to undertake the role. May include knowledge of the Bank’s products, services, and policies)
- Extensive knowledge of E2E Credit Lifecycle management across wholesale bank segments
- Working knowledge of Group policies, pricing, and strategies relative to the credit function
- Good commercial awareness.
- Sound product and services knowledge
- Previous sanctioning experience in the CIB segment will be a distinct advantage
- Previous team leadership experience
- High levels of commercial awareness and ability to balance between Risk and Reward
Experience and Qualifications
- ACIB/equivalent business experience/other appropriate qualification preferable
- Good understanding of regulatory guidelines and frameworks (CBK & SARB)
- Previous experience of corporate market and or risk is desirable
- Previous leadership experience
- Strong team leadership ability in execution of targets and transactions in support of business
- Postgraduate Degrees and Professional Qualifications: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Operational Risk Advisor
- To provide specialist advice and support in area of specialisation enabling the effective implementation of risk frameworks.
- In support of the Head of Operational Risk, help deliver the Operational Risk strategy of excellence, responsible to deliver expert Operational Risk consultancy services to all business areas operating within the country.
- Assist the Head of Operational Risk to embed an operational risk management culture in all business areas operating within the country.
- Delivering operational risk management tools, advice and reporting in line with the laid down policies and procedures.
- Participate in initiatives to manage risk and improve the country risk profile.
- Required to submit regular reports to the Head of Operational Risk in line with the laid down reporting framework.
- Contribute to in-country Operational Risk Budgeting and cost management
Operational Risk Management Processes – 60%
- In support of the Head of Operational Risk, provide operational risk advisory services within the country with the main objective to educate business line-management in the use of the various Operational Risk Management and Assessment tools available to the business.
- Embed operational risk management ownership in all business units through providing expert advice, sharing best-practice and risk mitigation techniques with business management to enable them to pro-actively manage the operational risks within the business area.
- Assist the Head of Operational Risk to manage and coordinate all operational risk related activities in the country and provide expert support to business line-management as necessary and provide regular feedback to Heads of business units and the Head-Office.
- Provide guidance, education and training to business line-managers in event reporting.
- Ensure that the various Group policies governing Operational & Resilience Risk Management Framework (ORRMF) and other policies are properly disseminated and embedded in the business units in a timely manner.
- Regularly attend local Executive meetings and represent the Head of Operational Risk as delegated. Address any issues that require input from a non-financial risk management perspective, or new strategic initiatives that require risk management principles applied to them.
- Advise and assist the business to minimize Operational Losses through pro-active:
- Fraud Management
- Information Security Management
- Operational Loss Control
- Contribute to the delivery of operational risk management services in a positive manner through value adding advice to reduce costs or by improved controls or by improving profitability where possible.
- Ensure that there is awareness and capability for all operational events to be reported using the Operational Risk Management System (ORMS).
- Ensure that using the ORMS tool, events are categorized and analyzed into the risk universe profile, trend analysis performed, and proactive action taken.
- Analyze trends and overall risk profile information supplied from the Centre and support the business to devise suitable risk mitigation action plans.
- Assess new procedures and procedural changes to identify operational risks and proactively mitigate them.
- High level insight into contracts, project plans, definition documents, strategic initiatives, executive minutes, or any other documentation that would require operational risk management involvement therein and provide feedback to the relevant teams.
Relationship / Stakeholder Management – 20%
- Create and maintain fit for purpose multi-layer relationship network with all relevant functions and participate actively in all Basle 2 and Operational Risk initiatives within the country.
- Assist the Head of Operational Risk to respond to Regulatory Consultations on Operational & Resilience Risk.
- Ensure that business functions deal with events, audit findings and new risks in a measured and controlled manner, track actions and challenge assertions as to completion, adequacy and effectiveness.
- Work as part of a larger team of Non-Financial Risk professionals on larger or broader projects as required.
- Ensure that ongoing adherence to ORRMF policies is monitored, tracked and reported on.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of existing policies as required.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports on the state of operational risk for the monthly Risk Control Forum, CMC and Centre Operational & Resilience Risk function.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly reports on the state of operational risk for the Executive Risk Committee (ERC), Board Risk & Audit Committee and Board.
- Monitor and review the documentation emanating from ORMS and other reporting in each business unit, ensuring a consistency of high standards in terms of delivery within timeframes and information content.
- Communicate with the Head of Operational Risk and discuss strategy, contribute to discussions relating to the ORRM framework, tools and processes, help build the collective strength of the Operational Risk team and improve the profile of the team in the business.
Communication – 20%
- Ensure that Group/ Africa Regional Operational (ARO) Risk policies and procedures are cascaded appropriately to all levels of the business, and that appropriate actions are taken by the business to comply.
- Communicate and maintain a raised level of operational and resilience risk awareness in all staff in the business through direct contacts, operational and resilience risk awareness circulars, training and engagement of all stakeholders within the country as assigned by the Head of Operational Risk.
- Provide expert advice, share best-practice and risk mitigation techniques with business management to enable them to pro-actively manage the operational and resilience risks within the business area.
- Communicate with the Head of Operational Risk and discuss strategy, contribute to discussions relating to the Operational & Resilience Risk framework, tools and processes, help build the collective strength of the Operational Risk team and improve the profile of the team in the business.
- Review compliance to Group and ARO non-financial risk policies and report discrepancies to Head of Operational Risk accordingly.
- A degree preferably business related
- Certification in risk management
- Operational & Resilience
- Control & Governance
- Fraud Prevention
- Performance Management
- Time management and personal organization
- Operational & Resilience Risk Management
- Project Management
- Experience in banking, minimum 2 years