Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
HR Jobs, Management Jobs, Administration Jobs ,IT Related Jobs,
Database Administration Manager
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Database Administration Manager:Manages the administration of an organization’s database. Analyzes the organization’s database needs and develops a long-term strategy for data storage. Establishes policies and procedures related to data security and integrity and monitors and limits database access as needed. Oversees the design, maintenance and implementation of the systems that manage an internal database.Supervise the installation, configuration, documentation, troubleshooting and tuning database servers to ensure secure, optimal performance as well as 24/7 availability of enterprise systems across multiple distributed infrastructure technologies to meet business needs and be aligned with Bank strategy.Designing and Deploying Sustainable Enterprise Data Governance Framework. Conduct Audits to Ensure that Policies, Procedures and Metrics are in Place for maintaining or improving the business operations.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Coordinate and contribute to performance and Disaster Recovery testing on a regular basis.
- General administration, 3rd level support, migration and/or transition planning, performance and tuning, project planning, standards validation/development, technical documentation, process automation, and problem analysis and resolution.
- Work with the Operations DBA team to collaborate effectively and turnover defect free systems with a stability guarantee.
- Establish individual performance goals, review performance against goals and provide coaching for associate development.
- Manage resource scheduling and task execution to plans and objectives. Maintain a high level understanding of dependencies between projects ensure timely completion.
- Development and continuous refinement of documented database strategies to provide a scalable and manageable environment for future growth. Heavy emphasis on automation.
- Oversee database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls
- Accomplish platform upgrades and improvements
- Improve the effectiveness of database tools, services and security
- Ensure all data complies with legal regulations
- Provide vision and strategy for data environments including vet and recommend new technologies, functionality and best practices
- Work closely with Product, Data, and Delivery teams across the organization
- Partner with senior leadership to ensure that all efforts align with IT processes, departmental objectives and are communicated with team
- Determine appropriate use of technology to ensure the systems enhance current business processes, operations, and information process flow; drive system consolidation where possible and keep systems footprint manageable and cost-effective
- Establish, contribute to and/or adhere to all key departmental operating procedures around governance, project management, database lifecycle management, change management and application security/controls
- Promote IT governance processes that ensure compliance with internal and external audit standards, procurement practices, and security standards
- Manage the development of team members, including setting objectives, coaching, training and delivering performance reviews
- Communication of key milestone status to IT management
- Support the strategic direction of the enterprise databases & data and influence how the team will evolve over time, including long-range project planning, staffing, and technical architecture
- Provide the proper supervision, environment and reporting structure to assure performance and well-being of employees. Provide clear channels of communication, delegation and accountability within the team for effective mentoring, supervision and problem solving
- Manages database configuration and performance tuning
- Escalate unresolved system issues to appropriate vendors and manage these in accordance with agreed service level agreements to minimise user/system downtime
- Excellent understanding of Database and Data Technologies.
- Solid understanding of business architecture and the role of data in business decisions.
- Good understanding of data modelling concepts and operational aspects of databases and business information
- Solid knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, database development and support.
- Excellent understanding of database administration and management functions
Key Critical Competencies
- Business awareness
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- High personal standards and goal oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Decision making ,critical and strategic thinking skills ability to achieve or exceed planned outcomes
- Must possess a combination of business, technical and leadership skills and competencies understanding of business needs, processes and functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence others
- Demonstrate ability to launch and deliver a single IT project on time and within budget
- Ability to work with cross-functional individuals and groups in a collaborative manner
- Possess Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer science/Mathematics or a related engineering discipline
- Master’s degree (MBA/MSC) in IT or a related field
- Proffessional Certifications in IT or related field
- A minimum of 8 years working experience in a similar or related field
- Intensive Knowledge in database technologies and platforms
- Strong analytical, consultative, and communication skills; as well as the ability to make good judgment and work with both technical and business personnel
Human Resource Analyst
With a base in Nairobi, the role of the HR Analyst for the Group HR office:
- Carries out HR Controller Activities for the Group. Manages the HR Analytics and Reporting for the Group; Tracks and reports on HR Productivity for Subsidiary and group Functions; supports HR Budgeting and OPEX Management for the Group.
- Coordinates the annual HR business planning exercise by partnering with the Subsidiaries and Group HR teams as well as Finance in the process. Tracks, monitors and reports progress and trends according to agreed actions as well as measures of success
- Develops routines for HR budgeting & reporting for the Group, working with the Finance and HR teams to report status according to Group standards, metrics and guidelines.
- Provides administrative support, ensuring the smooth running of the Director’s office through the effective handling of administrative tasks while projecting a professional engagement with all HR stakeholders
- The role will require travel to subsidiaries (less than 10% ) in a year.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Develops and promotes internal controls, standards, and processes to ensure accuracy and consistency in mining data used for decision-making, internal/external reporting and communications.
- Understand the Group and Subsidiaries Compensation and Benefit plans, programs and policies and supports program design.
- Provides Subsidiaries and Group Team’s Performance, Productivity and Compensation analytics to the Group Total Rewards Director and Group Director HR Operations as necessary.
- Develops, maintains, and periodically reports on the HR Scorecards and Dashboards
- Leads the preparation of periodic Board Reports in liaison with the subsidiary HR Teams
- Coordinates HR Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Determines the need and builds budgeting & reporting capacity within the subsidiaries’ HR teams
- Creates internal communication routines on budgeting & reporting so that concepts, metrics, and philosophies are understood. Communicates and interprets rolling estimate results to appropriate level of management providing additional perspective on implications, risk, opportunity and trends.
- Participates in operations meetings (e.g., Subsidiaries & Group HR Operations strategic Planning sessions) to gain an understanding of operating environment and business needs.
- Co-ordinates all HR Leadership team meetings / events / seminars (both on and off site)
- Provide Administrative support to the Group Director HR Operations’ Work Plans, travel and meetings including taking calls, travel arrangements & logistics.
- Manages and oversees the Group Director HR Operations’ diary during absence from office and provides appropriate alerts to urgent issues – escalates or delegates work as appropriate to the relevant stakeholders and as per the Director’s instructions and requirements
- Acts as liaison between the Group Director HR Operations and internal as well as external clients
- Develops & assembles presentations, workbooks or manuals and correspondence as required
- Acts as a central point for key HR Admin processes for the Group (including shared drive disciplines, standard forms & standard processes)
FINANCIAL/ JOB SCOPE IMPACT:
- Develops bottom-up budgets for HR and does monthly monitoring and reporting on overspend/savings.
- Implement measurements to evaluate effectiveness of spend and early warning systems for over expenditure.
- Liaise with stakeholders: Benchmarking and implementing best practices.
- Data / information accuracy
- Process Efficiency (Cycle times), Compliance with Charters of Authority based on internal audit,
- Policy / Procedure compliance
ORGANIZATION IMPACT/ INFLUENCE
Extensive Internal High Level Strategic / Operational Interaction with:
- Group Directors
- Subsidiary HR teams
- Group Finance team
External interaction with:
- Preferred suppliers/vendors
Nature and Purpose of the Interaction:
- Manage HR Director’s office administration and day to day issues
- Communication around reporting & business planning
- Monitoring progress on implementation of business plans
- Staying current on Group HR issues and requirements
- HR Generalist knowledge, with exposure Big Data Analytics, Reporting, Budgeting and project management
- Strong client engagement skills
- Strategic Influencing skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities
- Delivers Results
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas
- Lives the Equity Values
- Minimum: A relevant Finance, Business or Behavioral sciences degree. Ideally, a combination of these degrees or an MBA will be an advantage.