Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
National Director Jobs, Business Management, Project Management,
EDEN REFORESTATION PROJECTS (KENYA)
Location: Tigoni, Limuru
Kindly note that this position is open to Kenyan nationals only. Eden Reforestation Projects is not able to sponsor work permits at this time.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Eden Reforestation Projects is a large-scale tree-planting organization that employs thousands of people around the world to plant millions of trees in their own communities each month. By the end of 2021, we will have planted well over 600 million trees globally since we began in 2004. The impact of this work can be measured in hectares of mangrove and terrestrial forest restored, but also in new opportunities created for some of the world’s most impoverished communities. Eden has passionate leadership in each country, relying on local knowledge and expertise to maintain the quality of our planting work every day.
We are looking for a National Director to manage the administration, operations and activities of Eden Reforestation Projects in Kenya. The National Director reports to the Africa Area Co-directors and supervises a capable team of managers. Together, we contextualize Eden’s global vision for forest restoration in Kenya, maintaining a high standard of accountability and quality in all aspects. From finance and human resources to planting and monitoring activities, the National Director guides, supports, and equips her/his team to reach our planting and employment targets. This position requires an outgoing, proactive, collaborative, and visionary personality. S/he should have great communication skills and a people-first attitude toward management. This position does require occasional travel to current and future planting sites.
Start date: 15 February 2022 at the latest
Specific duties for the National Director:
1) Strategically manage Eden Kenya’s operations within Eden’s global framework and organizational objectives.
2) Supervise and mobilize departments within the organization to meet shared goals. The National Director will take on the management of an existing team of capable managers.
3) Ensure that Eden Kenya maintains effective and productive partnerships with the communities, organizations, and government institutions in our restoration network.
4) Work with the Head of Accounting/HR on infrastructure essential for safe, reliable, and accountable finance and human resource systems to comply with local employment standards and international auditing standards. Maintaining consistent and affordable cost per tree across sites is essential.
5) Balance the needs for external growth of Kenya’s operations and internal development of the Eden Kenya team.
6) Set the tone for Eden Kenya’s office culture. Eden has a unique culture that eschews formal hierarchy in favor of functional hierarchy and collaborative problem-solving. The ability to both lead and be led with trust is essential.
7) Conduct performance reviews for those under her/his direct supervision. A key aspect of this role is supporting leadership development within your office.
Creative and collaborative leadership, passion for the environment and people, Microsoft Office/Google Suite, fluent in spoken and written Swahili and English, willingness to travel around Kenya, driver’s license preferred.
A keen eye for potential leaders, a good judge of character, and a proactive delegator. A proven track record of inspiring a collaborative environment and bringing people together to tackle complicated problems. Respectful communication with staff, partners, and supervisors is a must.
Salary and Benefits:
● Starting salary and benefits: negotiable based on experience.
● Expenses: Work-related expenses will be covered or reimbursed in accordance with Eden Kenya’s organizational policies and as approved by the Africa Area Co-director
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES TO SHARE THEIR COVER LETTER and CV (including references) TO email@example.com with email subject as: job title and expected salary on or before 20 December 2021 by 5pm.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Eden Reforestation Projects is a US-based 501(c)3 (nonprofit) organization. We currently work in Madagascar, Haiti, Nepal, Indonesia, Mozambique, Kenya, Nicaragua, Honduras, and Brazil.
Eden Reforestation Projects is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on religion, gender, cultural heritage, family connection, or sexual orientation.
BUSINESS ASSISANT (CLEANING SERVICES)
The primary component of this role is to supervise the cleaning teams in performing cleaning duties and associated tasks. Work will be performed in accordance with the company Operations, and within the framework of existing schedules.
• Supervising all cleaning staff, checking that cleaning is maintained to high standard
• Ensure all assigned duties are carried out, and that resources are efficiently utilized.
• stocktaking and ordering cleaning suppliers
• Act as a communication conduit between management and staff.
• Maintain and control use of stock, equipment & consumables.
• checking for faults or damage and arranging repairs and routine maintenance work Timely request of consumables, equipment and materials.
• Maintain the asset register.
• Actively promote Health and Safety, and report any breach
• Generate leads on prospective customers
• Assist in planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
• Commitment to honor and uphold organizational policy and leadership decisions with a positive attitude
• Analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to listen and ask questions
• Self-motivation and initiative
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• The ability to work well in a team but also on your own initiative
• Proficiency in computer skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Diploma in business administration/commerce/Housekeeping/ or related course.
• Valid driving license with at least 3 years’ driving experience in Nairobi
• Previous work in a cleaning company is an added advantage
• Valid Certificate of good conduct
Interested qualified candidates should send their CV and application letter via email firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject as: job title and expected salary. Deadline is Friday 10th December 2021 at 3pm