Free Online Resume Builder
Create an attractive online profile for employers to hire you
Find details here
Managerial Jobs, Safaricom Openings,
Manager – Business Performance and Analysis – (21000614)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy forManager – Business Performance and Analysis within Financial Services. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Reporting to Senior Manager – M-Pesa Business Performance and Insights, the role holder will be analyzing and compiling business intelligence, performance metrics and preparation and presentation of reports. The role works with business unit partners to proactively research, undertake detailed analysis and inform the business of possible products and services and trends to guide the division strategic planning process
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver meaningful, accurate and timely performance management reports to demonstrate business performance and achievement against key performance indicators
- Develop a standard reporting suite and dashboard and deliver ad hoc analysis as appropriate
- Identification of relevant data sources and coordination of data gathering for relevant revenue reports across all segments and by product
- Analyze business results and monitor trends.
- Provide management information and reporting to the Leadership Team, highlighting business performance issues and opportunities
- Ensure data integrity, including reviewing own work to ensure it is accurate and complete
- Develop and maintain relevant and timely information for all forums to enable effective decision making and achievement of targets/forecasts
- Provide high quality analytical support by developing, clarifying and documenting business requirements, identifying appropriate data sources, extracting/cleansing data, developing appropriate presentation formats and explaining outputs to requesting manage
- Ensure business cases for all new products in the innovation road map are prepared within the set timelines. Ensure that the business cases and associated costs are prepared
- Generation of insights and mining of data for purposes of demonstrating opportunities for the product managers
- On a monthly basis share a deck of key insights from the key performance indicators tracked per product and per segment
- Develop a story which helps in interpreting the meaning and significance of the performance information.
- Identify the internal and external factors that impact on performance and help inform any judgments and understanding of performance.
- Use both target and baseline (PY) data as a guide to performance assessment over time
- Prepare customized reports for M-PESA transactions records to forecast usage & activity
- Provide quantitative input to M-PESA tariff work stream
- Prepare reports for filing with the Central Bank
- Preparation of divisional financial reports.
- Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Relevant undergraduate degree. A Master’s degree is beneficial.
- At least 5 to 7 years working experience in the Financial Services Sector, Mobile money and Telco sector with expert knowledge of payments business models, mobile money business models.
- Work experience in strategy development and execution a must.
- Highly developed communication skills and ability to manage and champion strategy positions up to Executive levels.
- Critical competencies for success
- Demonstrated record of strategies developed and executed.
- Demonstrated record of successful strategic initiatives implemented.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate new business models, develop concepts for these and present them to senior management.
- Experience in preparation of budgets and forecasts in a large company
- Financial modeling experience, preferably in Excel or business objects.
- Must have worked in computerized environment preferably with Oracle application.
- Experience in international reporting and benchmarking
- Demonstrated ability to analyze the financial services competitive environment through market trends, market intelligence and providing insights for response to the findings
How to Apply. If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Senior Campaign and Performance Marketing Manager – Payment Tribe – (21000610)
M-PESA, the Africa’s largest fintech is evolving from a basic mobile payment and remittance service to a lifestyle platform supporting Safaricom’s vision of being a digital services provider (DSP). The journey from a mobile remittances and payment service will involve connecting to thousands of daily life services providers guided by customers’ behavior evolution.
Reporting to Tribe Lead, Payments Tribe, the position holder will be responsible for strategy and execution of the go-to-market strategy for M-PESA Superapp.
- Lead the execution of the go-to-market strategy for M-PESA Superapp. Design the marketing strategy to drive customer activity and revenue while incorporating data analysis to determine the best growth path as well as Soliciting direct customer feedback to validate the strategy for M-PESA Superapp.
- Drive campaigns from planning to execution and beyond to meet key performance metrics while constantly optimizing marketing activities to improve return on investment.
- Evaluating growth opportunities with MiniApps partners and jointly develop campaigns to drive usage of all the services delivered through 3rd Party Miniprograms. This will include brand guidelines, scheduling, budget and revenue sharing arrangements.
- Partner with the Product development agile squad to refine the product roadmap, offer market and customers insights to influence the direction of the product.
- Allocate budgets and analyze and recommend modifications to ad spends, optimize marketing budgets to maximize Cost per Acquisition (CPA) and efficiently scale new customers
- Drive revenue achieve targeted ROI and maintain positive KPI trends; Determine monthly, quarterly and annual revenue forecasts and budgets.
- Track and evaluate KPIs of all marketing channels and determine necessary adjustments to optimize overall marketing effectiveness in line with budgeted marketing spend.
- Work with the Brand Marketing team to create aligned consumer communications across all channels and to ensure both strong commercial and consistent brand messages. Test
- Deliver clear, concise and reliable reporting on all activities to key stakeholders.
- Experience in developing new products, such as product launch or product incubation expertise.
- Strong cross-group collaboration and communication skills within a highly matrixed organization.
- Commercial marketing or sales experience; familiarity with go-to-market channels/levers.
- Ability to work independently in an ambiguous environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or related field (or equivalent commercial experience) with 5 years in ecommerce experience, either on agency or client side.
- 3+ years of experience in performance-based marketing.
- Experience of mobile and social marketing including apps is preferred.
- Experience in Marketing E-commerce or digital Lifestyle products will be an added advantage.
- Ability to effectively manage a 3rd party external agencies.
- Demonstrate great commercial & industry acumen.
- Excellent working knowledge of web analytics tools and the ability to consolidate and analyze data from multiple sources.
- Strong communication skills written & oral and ability to quickly build strong relationships.
- Ability to work across cultures and geographies to support local digital needs.
- Ability and desire to work at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Self-starter mentality and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
Customer Relation Management (CRM) Engineer – (21000609)
We are pleased to announce the following Position in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Tech Lead – CRM Engineering, the position holder will work with other departments within the company to identify requirements and develop solutions (database design, workflows, integration touchpoints and user/data interfaces), configure and/or customize customer channel solutions to meet business requirements using various database and software tools
- Conduct business user requirements elicitation, analysis and specification.
- Perform the necessary technical design and development functionality to ensure that business application systems can be effectively developed and implemented.
- Perform data modeling to analyze and specify data structures within an application system
- Design and development of front-end tier(s), middle tier(s), and /or back-end database tier(s) for business applications
- Support new and existing application development by creating modifications and enhancements for CRM application.
- Review and provide input on design approach, performance and base functionality
- Perform effective system capacity planning and dimensioning to meet dynamic business needs
- Create test plans, test data sets and perform automated testing to ensure all components of the developed systems meet specifications.
- Designing and implementing highly scalable and available systems
- Co-ordinate and Work with various stakeholders directly in delivery of new projects/ business asks.
- Work directly with the IT support personnel and teams to resolve issues identified and escalated post project implementation.
- Generation of ideas to improve efficiency in software and application services offered to the business, and/or generate revenue for business
- University Degree in computer science or technical related field
- 3 years development experience with at least one of the following languages: Java, PHP, C++, C#, Python.
- At least 3 years solid experience in Customer Relationship Management systems development.
- At least 2 years development experience with RDMS preferably MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle etc. Experience in NoSQL databases is an added advantage
- Certification and experience in working with cloud platforms is an added advantage.
- Experience in Scrum and other Agile processes
- Experience in Business Systems modeling and data retrieval
- Unix/Linux technical skills with working experience in scripting in Linux/Unix.
- Working knowledge of Jira, Git/SVN, Jenkins
- Experience in the design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant systems.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail.
- Good analytical and presentation Skills