Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Relationship Manger Opening, Universal Banker, ABSA jobs,
Job Title: Relationship Manager
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Reports to: Head Financial Institutions, CIB
- Implement the Financial Institutions strategy for the assigned FI portfolio in line with the overall Corporate Banking Strategy.
- Understand the FI models and client base to identify any areas of potential risks to AGL
- Provide excellent client service and build deep relationships with clients and internal stake holders across Compliance, Credit, Group, Operations and Transaction Banking
- Manage the FI portfolio to maximize sustainable income and minimize any income leakage
- Ensuring effective risk management of existing FI clients and new opportunities
- Establish and grow a profile as a recognized subject matter expert in correspondent banking
- Manage the strategic roll out of FI transactional product set transacted through AGL
Customer Sales & Service:
Delivering against financial and customer objectives, by:
- Focusing on FI clients to provide excellent service and be recognized as a trusted advisor.
- Building and developing a detailed network of contacts within on the portfolio to ensure strategic, operational, business development and compliance areas of the business are efficiently covered
- Developing a detailed knowledge of FI clients, business models, and operating environment
- Thoroughly understand the local and international regulatory framework and compliance requirements in all networks markets our FI Clients operate in
- Credit portfolio planning and ownership for the FI names, including preparation of credit papers to ensure appropriate facilities are allocated clients according to the bank’s risk policy
- Drive synergies and collaboration amongst the AGL subsidiaries to facilitate intra-group trade and remittances for and on behalf of the respective customers.
- Understanding the global payments and remittance trends to drive and structure solutions to facilitate local clearing solutions for global banks.
- Adherence to pricing policies for all products administered across the portfolio
- Using prioritization model to ensure regular contact with FI clients, including strategic annual review, service meetings, compliance meetings and complaint resolution,
- Complete call reports for all meetings on Salesforce
- Managing FI deal pipeline across all products to ensure revenue targets are met across all products
- Completing a Wallet Share Plan and Customer Account Strategy Plan for all FI banking on Salesforce
Delivering against risk objectives, by:
- Being responsible for the KYC / AML risk of the assigned FI portfolio including, inter alia:
New and existing FI relationships KYC at onboarding Periodic refresh
- Understanding expected business profile to allow appropriate monitoring
- Ensure compliance with mandatory Risk policies and procedures relating to credit conformance and regulatory, operational, legal risk and Financial crime.
- Escalating significant risk events and concerns to Senior Management as soon as these are identified
- Ensuring effective risk management and controls and governance of the portfolio
- Create and conduct presentations to Senior Management and Local FI Governance & Oversight Committee on material issues relating to ABK FI
- Act as escalation/referral point for Financial Crime Compliance, KYC Operations and senior business management within the FI
- Operating in accordance with AGL risk appetite and credit procedures
- Ensure robust on-going monitoring and control and that sound judgement is exercised at all times.
- In collaboration with product partners ensure documentation required for business execution are in place e.g., ISDAs, CSAs, Trade Agreement etc.
- Ensure high standards of data quality are maintained at all time
- Implement a team culture that focuses on customer service and service delivery.
- Manage and retain key stakeholder relationships and focus on building strategic relationships with key decision-makers.
- Manage and coordinate FI client engagement efforts across relevant business units.
- Participate in customer surveys (internal and external)
- Participate fully in your Performance Development, continue to proactively develop yourself and undertake relevant training (including sales process, product, industry, etc.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the client’s strategy, business, financial performance, industry outlook/trends, specific segment knowledge and general macroeconomic issues and trends in the country and ensure that this is transferred to the relevant internal stakeholders.
- Seek, share, and embed best practices both locally and regionally
Skills required for the role:
- General banking skills including the ability to discuss strategic financial advice, specifically cash, trade, liquidity management, treasury, markets, and credit
- University degree in a Business-related area from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree in Finance or a Business-related field will be an added advantage
- Developed Business awareness-to include impact of general economic change on an FI’s business & emerging trends in Correspondent Banking
- FI Credit Risk Understanding
- Product Knowledge
- Analytical and numerate
- Negotiation skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Communication skills, both oral & written
- Good grasp of IT skills including word, excel, access, power point
- Customer Service focus and attention to detail
EducationBachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Universal Banker/SME Banker – 2 Years Fixed Term Contract (Various Location)
Job SummaryTo provide excellent customer experience, deliver exceptional branch business growth and profitability.
To observe compliance & control requirements, keeping high level of bank standards.
Business Growth – 60%
- Understand and implement business strategic initiatives for the branch aimed at increasing new business and wallet share from existing customers.
- Have a clear understanding of all Retail and Business Banking products that could satisfy customer needs.
- Manage portfolio risks in line with banks portfolio appetite.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of sales initiatives with other business functions i.e. Direct sales team, Asset Finance, CIB, Bancassurance to maximize on cross-selling and better customer profiling opportunities.
- In conjunction with the branch manager, Industry heads, products, conduct product review and development through constant feedback from the market.
- Continuously conduct market intelligence to identify new markets, customer trends, new government / directives and changes in policy by regulators.
- Contribute in the development of branch sales strategy. Plan and co-ordinate any marketing approaches for new business and actively develop existing relationships.
- Actively seek to grow own portfolio and cross sell to ensure delivery of set Targets.
- Appraise and promptly address customer issues /complaints escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution as per the set standards.
- Ensure quality sales and new to bank accounts within your portfolio are promptly funded at customer onboarding.
- Continuously monitor own performance against targets agreed on a daily basis for new and existing clients. Initiate appropriate action plans to address any shortfalls in performance.
- Operationalize campaigns as required with the Branch Manager and the business.
- Ensure excellent customer experience at all times
- Drive business targets through strict TAT observance and high level service delivery standards.
- Should not advise an existing customer to open a similar account in their respective Branches with a view of moving funds between the accounts.
- Should not close an existing account in your Branch/domiciled in another Branch with a view of re-opening a similar account.
- Accounts re-streaming should be carried out in line with the Banks policy.
- Together with BM, create ownership of the branch performance targets. Agree branch execution plans/strategies and ensure they are aligned to the Banks overall strategy- Growth, Transformation and Returns.
Internal Controls & Risk Management Time split 10%
- Ensure that the Absa bank’s policies and procedures are adhered to at all times when handling different products.
- Ensure adherence to all KYC & AML Processes with regards to new and existing business and that proper documentation is in place.
- Ensure compliance with Operations Risk requirements to avoid losses arising from operational lapses.
- Manage costs within your area of operation.
- Effectively carry out branch snap checks as assigned by the assistant branch manager.
- Ensure new business is properly booked and all income due to the Bank in terms of charges, commissions, fees are collected as per current tariff.
- Accurate customer information is captured in the core banking system.
Customer Experience Time split 20%
- Ensure excellent customer experience is maintained at all times.
- Ensure set TAT in account onboarding and loan processing is achieved at all times.
- Appraise and promptly act on customer issues /complaints escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution.
- Ensure set TAT on response to customer queries on phone, email or by letters is strictly adhered to.
- Ensure customer data is up to date at all times
- Ensure branch NPS score are maintained as per the set standards
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager, co-ordinate branch initiatives aimed at gathering feedback from customers on service standards and advise leadership for improvements
- Monitor service to ensure customers are served within acceptable waiting time having a work plan for both peak and off peak periods.
Capacity Building & People Management 10%
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager, Assistant Branch Manager and other branch colleagues create a conducive work environment, team work and effective succession opportunities to ensure maximum productivity.
- Ensure the assigned e-learning and internal training activities for self and direct reports undertaken within set timelines.
- Determine and manage Training Needs Analysis and own succession planning.
- Manage your own leave by working closely with your Line Manager
EducationFurther Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)