Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Bank Jobs, Database Administrator, Solutions Architect,
Job expires on 2021-12-05
We are looking for a seasoned database administrator with a knack for end-to-end proactive database design and management, a gritty never-say-die doer who relishes challenges, is dynamic, resilient, creative and highly motivated. If you are looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment, then the Database Administrator position within The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the perfect opportunity for you to scale new horizons.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
The role holder will ensure performance monitoring and management of database, data warehouse components, Supporting Infrastructure, and general ICT systems through setting up of optimal performance benchmarks and the use of modern best practice and appropriate tools to meet business performance growth demands, ensure system security, business continuity and competitiveness in product and service development.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users ensuring performance of production databases.
- Monitoring including systems logs, events, and event correlation and maintaining performance statistics and setting baseline statistics.
- Monitoring and managing the high availability components including RAC, Data guard, RMAN, ASM, and the underlying infrastructure for mission critical databases.
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans and ensuring that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning properly.
- Take lead role in the various I.T. audits in providing necessary information and enforcing closure of audit, change management and compliance issues.
- Manage key I.T. risks for all database systems and ensure proper mitigation.
- Take lead role in BCP and disaster recovery preparedness through periodic testing as scheduled and update of disaster recovery procedures and sharing the results with management.
- Team up with applications support, development and infrastructure team in the development, implementation, management applications, infrastructure, and monitor system health in order to proactively identify weaknesses and address them.
- Perform database tasks such as schema design, capacity planning, maintenance, trouble shooting, and change control activities.
- Considering both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users and further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements.
- Installing database management systems (RDBMS) using best practice; ensure compliance with RDBMS license agreements and maintain upgrades and critical patches
- Database setup, configuration and administration of MYSQL, MSSQL
- Installation and Administration of SAP HANA databases
- Creating and maintaining database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata) and maintain all technical documentation relating to database management.
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Perform under limited supervision, maintain reliability of data and databases, and assist in developing and implementing standards for database maintenance and configuration.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline, or equivalent.
- 3 -5 years in database technology with experience deploying database and data warehousing technologies (e.g. High Availability, Real Application Clusters, ESBU Backups, Partitioning, Oracle DataGuard) in production environments.
- Oracle RDBMS 11g/12c OCP certification as well as strong SQL and PLSQL skills including data warehouse objects such as partitioning and materialized views.
- Skills in Oracle RDBMS 19c
- Skills in Oracle Engineered Systems e.g. Oracle SuperCluster, Exalytics, Exadata Storage, ZFS storage and SmartScan.
- Skills in Data Integration, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, OLAP, and Data mining as well Familiarity with ICT standards such as ITIL, COBIT.
- Proficiency in various operating systems like AIX, Solaris, Linux & windows.
- Thorough knowledge on data profiling, data modeling and data validation and associated tools; Skills in Database Sizing, Storage, Performance, and Security Considerations.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze and correlate complex data and excellent knowledge on the Oracle Technology stack as well as excellent knowledge of ICT system architectures, platforms and Infrastructure.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues and exhibit a wide degree of creativity and latitude coupled with the ability to lead and direct the work of others without the benefit of a direct reporting relationship as well as the ability to utilize independent judgment and to support senior managers on operational criticality
- General awareness of the banking industry ICT operations and security procedures.
How to apply
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number DBA2/ICTI/2021 by 05th December 2021.
Job expires on 2021-12-07
What is redefining the Banking business locally and globally is the customer-centered approach in solution architecture and development, letting the customer decide what they want to achieve as they do business as well as the services and products they desire to have. Are you highly innovative, always redefining the way of doing things? Are you agile and very passionate about technology and what it can deliver to meet customer needs?
Do you have a customer-centric attitude in your experience as a Solutions Architect? Does it excite you to keep making improvements, innovating, and delivering new products and services driven by the customer’s need?
Do you possess a deep understanding of ICT architectural concepts and the fundamentals of good software design and the ability to deliver innovative solutions and make sound qualitative judgments on appropriateness and the effectiveness of solution approaches? Join us at Co-operative Bank and be part of the Digital Transformation journey where opportunities are limitless.
Reporting to the Head – Enterprise Architecture, the role holder is intended to provide detailed technical analysis of business requirements to provide the end to end solution to a business need, Provide the projects solutions approach by building software and integration technical designs to ensure they are in line with the enterprise architectural plan in collaboration with Enterprise Architects, Application Architects, and Data Architects.
The role holder will also provide input to the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the enterprise architecture and maximize the return on technology investment. The Solution Architect will also provide technical support with existing and occurring enhancements with respect to effort estimation and impact assessment as well as identify system, infrastructure, and project interdependencies and balance competing demands to ensure project deliverables are achieved.
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
- Use appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas.
- Produce detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products.
- Provide advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensure that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly. Provide input to the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the enterprise architecture to maximize the return on technology investment, participate in governance/stewardship of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) artifacts and definitions, including enterprise services, data, business events/topics, contracts and associated publish/subscribe participants.
- Specify and design large or complex systems, select appropriate design standards, methods, and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensures they are applied effectively.
- Review others’ systems designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology
- Evaluate and undertake impact analysis on major design options and assess and manage associated risks and ensure that the system design balances functional, service quality, and systems management requirements.
- Contribute to selection policy for architecture components, weigh alternatives and identify the most effective solutions taking into account wider business context, explore a range of possibilities and creative alternatives to contribute to systems, process, and business improvements and finally implement systems and processes that underpin high-quality research and analysis.
- Monitor the market to gain knowledge and understanding of currently emerging technologies, identify new and emerging hardware and software technologies and products, and potential value to the organization.
- Document policies, procedures, and reference architectures on Intranet and communicate updates to appropriate staff. Provide best practice recommendations for project implementation and designing policies and procedures to support the recommendations.
- Attend code reviews to ensure that platform-specific standards and best practices are followed.
- Provide team support in project delivery; systems development, solution architecture
- Design, architecture reviews, architecture assessment, component development, ICT tools evaluation, vendor review, employs modeling as a framework; mentorship guidance, manage team expectations, organize for one on one sessions and manage communication within the team with regard to timely project updates.
- Ensures that the solution architectures align with the roadmaps established by enterprise architecture and that they adhere to the enterprise architecture principles.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications: –
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Statistics, Actuarial Science and/or related
- 4 years’ professional experience in IT solution architecture, development of APIs on Enterprise service bus/SOA experience is desirable
- Solid grasp of design patterns and principles, particularly Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Event-Driven Architecture (EDA).
- Excellent software development skills – Java, Spring framework, JBoss, Websphere Application Server, C#, Oracle databases, SQL server, DevOps, SOA/ESB, Cloud based solutions, Android, REST, XML/RPC, CORBA, Business process management (BPM), Active MQ, Kannel
- Experience on systems like Mobile money transfer, USSD/SMS, ERP, CRM, core banking system and other systems in a financial services ecosystem.
- Familiarity with Unified Modeling Language (UML) and possesses knowledge of ancillary technologies in use at, such as Java, MS SQL server, Eclipse, Oracle, or an ability to quickly learn any of these if needed.
- Possesses a strong customer service attitude, excellent communication skills, exhibits a passion for learning and continuous improvement. Takes responsibility for acquiring new skills and broadening knowledge
- Exhibits a commitment to the utilization of defined standards and processes with entrepreneurial flair with strong business acumen.
- High level of mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills, logical, analytical and investigative mind, together with creative abilities, A wild duck – out of the box thinker.
- Ability to handle complex information with accuracy and attention to detail.
How to apply:
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application letter enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number SA/IID/2021.