Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Information Technology jobs, Computer Science jobs, Engineering jobs,Human Resources jobs, Business Administration jobs, Psychology jobs,
IT Assistant (Teleradiology and PACs Systems Assistant)
Vacancy Number: IOMRONBO/SVN/009/2022
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
In particular he/she will:
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external
candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal
candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Assist in technical support and troubleshooting of bio-data and system errors for Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) and Teleradiology.
- Assist in writing and maintaining documentation, like users’ instructions, manuals
and technical support guide to be used by the Nairobi IOM Teleradiology Center.
- Monitor Teleradiology PACS software, databases and various Teleradiology services in Nairobi regional PACS hub.
- Provide support installing Teleradiology server hardware, Databases and PACS software’s under the guidance of the National Radiology Officer as applicable.
- Troubleshoot Teleradiology networks
- Assist with technical preparation of IOM Teleradiology service to the new field locations in the Africa region, in coordination National Radiology Officer as applicable.
- Assist the National Radiology Officer with technical issues that arise.
- Provide general assistance in developing, testing and maintaining reports in Teleradiology Structured Query Language (SQL) Reporting Services.
- Keep track of the submission of the Chest X-rays and the reports to the Australia and Canada eMedical websites when required.
- Check the replication of data from PACS servers in the Africa region.
- Detect, diagnose and resolve any hardware, software or connectivity problem.
- Provide support during weekends, holidays or outside working hours as well as act as a “stand-by” focal person on a rotation basis upon request.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Completed University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 3 years’ relevant professional experience.
• High School Certificate with training in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 5 years of relevant professional experience.
• Minimum of four years of relevant work experience mainly in administrative support roles;
• Experience with digital radiology and Tele-radiology. The understanding of the public health industry is an advantage;
• Experience in systems analysis and design techniques, testing and documentation required.
• Strong software development skills; strong skills in SQL development, database integration with web-based applications are advantageous;
Required: Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required. Working knowledge of French;and/or any other UN Official language is advantageous.
Senior Human Resource Assistant
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
Vacancy Number: VN/IOMSO/002/2022
Under the overall supervision of Human Resources Officer/Head of Unit and under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer for IOM Somalia, the incumbent will take leading role in planning, organizing and coordinating the activities of the human resource unit and administrative functions of the Mission and its sub-offices. In particular, he/she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In coordination with HR Officer, coordinate the Human Resources Management function in the Mission including its sub offices in accordance with the Organization’s policies, procedures, and practices. Assist HR Officer and the COM on interpreting and implementing IOM’s HR policies, rules, and regulations, as well as standards and techniques taking into account the Mission’s activities.
- Participate in evaluation of staffing needs in the Mission for IOM positions, non-staff and Third Party Contracts/TPC, and assist in coordination of recruitment processes, including but not limited to, providing guidance to hiring managers on preparation of Post Description, drafting and posting Vacancy Notice/Special Vacancy Notice/Call for Applications, screening and shortlisting applications, drafting interview protocols, preparing and administering written tests, taking part in interview panels as assigned, drafting candidates assessment forms, conducting reference checks, preparing job offers, administering recruitment mailbox, etc.
- Carry-out and coordinate pre-employment activities such as preparation of Entry on Duty (EOD) documentation and collection of supporting documentation, coordination of EOD medical exams and follow-up with Health Insurance Medical Service in Panama on medical clearance, coordinate enrollment in insurance plans as appropriate, coordination and delivery of induction sessions, arrangement for security briefing, etc.
- Perform assigned role(s) in PRISM HR paying special attention to data consistency and accuracy; input, maintain and verify data based on approvals and supporting documentation; verify eligibility for allowances and other benefits, monitor and follow up on contractual situation and entitlements, and initiate and coordinate prompt actions; generate, edit and review reports, contract extensions, personnel actions and other related documentation.
- Supervise and prepare the monthly payroll for IOM national staff and TPC staff and related administrative actions.
- In coordination with HR team, monitor timely preparation and renewal of all types of contracts and the administration of entitlements, including for non-staff such as consultants, interns, hourly contracts and TPC.
- In coordination with HR team, monitor attendance and leave administration; generate, edit and analyse leave-related reports; respond to questions concerning leave administration; guide staff on request and approval procedure in PRISM.
- In coordination with HR Officer, carry-out and monitor a wide range of Human Resource actions including but not limited to preparation of documentation for separation, classification, reclassification, promotion, disciplinary cases and coordinate with the Regional Office, Administrative Centers and Human Resource Management in Geneva as appropriate.
- In coordination with HR team, prepare, coordinate and monitor all reports on personnel matters and submit timely to concerned parties; draft and review routine correspondence, letters, certifications, etc.
- Monitor compliance with the Staff Evaluation System within Mission and advocate for timely completion of the performance management process in line with organizational deadlines. Facilitate and follow-up with staff and supervisor as needed; facilitate compliance by providing technical guidance on the use of the system.
- In coordination with HR team, liaise with Finance Section on delivery of benefits/privileges to international staff in the field such as DSA, Danger Pay, rest and recuperation travel, settling grant etc.
- In coordination with HR team, plan and coordinate the organization of Human Resources events including staff development and training activities in coordination with the Staff Development and Learning Unit and maintain updated records. Participate in assessments of staff training and development needs.
- Provide information to staff on their entitlements and responsibilities in line with IOM regulations, instructions and procedures. Respond to standard and more complex inquiries and refer the most sensitive ones as appropriate.
- Identify areas for improvement and highlight them to the supervisor; provide inputs for new procedures to complement or to adapt existing ones taking into consideration the specific needs of the office. Assist in analyzing and resolving sensitive cases by collating background information, preparing summaries and sharing best practices. Provides comments on interpretation
- Provide guidance and training to and coordinate and monitor work of new/junior staff in the unit.
- Perform such other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field from an accredited institution with minimum four years of relevant professional experience; or
- High School diploma from an accredited institution with minimum six years of relevant experience.
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Professional and management experience in Human Resources covering: Recruitment, Salary and Benefits Administration, Training and Development, HR Information Systems, preferably in an international organization.
- Familiarity with UN common system or similar systems.
- High level of computer literacy. Good knowledge of MS Office specifically EXCEL.
- Knowledge of PRISM (SAP) a distinct advantage.
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way, and meet deadlines.
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things.
- Mature individual, able to work independently; ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Must have excellent communication skill (written and spoken).
- Strong interpersonal skill, ability to work in a diverse team, flexible and quickly adapt to new/different environment.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Vacancy Notice Number (VN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: RecruitmentHR@iom.int