Consultancy , Medical, Healthcare, Driving,
- Review patients’ history and perform the respective therapies.
- Investigate patients’ sensori-motor behaviour and physical condition, identify
- Patients’ main problems and develop a treatment plan in consultation with other health professionals.
- Confirm questionable and notifiable conditions and report them to the medical officer in charge.
- Adhere to the policies and philosophy of the hospital, as directed by the Hospital Governing Board.
- Perform rehabilitation processes on patients.
- Participate in the decision of patients’ referral to other well-equipped hospitals for further management and handle referrals from subordinate Health Facilities.
- Ensure proper monitoring of patients follow-ups.
- Offer psychological support to ailing or disabled patients and relatives.
- Evaluate progress of patients, modify treatment where necessary and cessation of treatment once goals have been achieved.
- Plan and accompany mobile health teams and provide specific diagnostic and curative talks including health related lectures.
- Assist patients who have strained muscles or limbs to do proper exercises to fully regain their health and teaching these exercises to the patients for faster and successful recovery.
- Participate in training of community extension workers, new physiotherapists’ etc e.g CHWs and monitoring/supervising their activities in effort to improve community health.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Diploma in Occupation Therapy
- Enrolled and have a valid practicing license.
- At least 2 years’ experience.
Community Oral Health Officer
- Screening patients, reviewing a patient’s oral health history and offering appropriate brushing and flossing techniques.
- Perform oral examination and charting, cleaning of teeth and polishing.
- Perform simple extractions, place fissure sealants and apply topical fluorides and temporary fillings.
- Use dental X-ray machines to take dental radiographs and develop the film for the dentist’s analysis.
- Review pre-operative settings and make sure that the dentist has what is required to carry out dental procedures; i.e. provide necessary help to the dentist, including mixing materials, trimming, and polishing dental casts.
- Implements and adheres to infection prevention protocols including autoclaving instruments after use, cleaning the dental procedures’ space and storage area.
- Maintain a record of day-to-day activities of the dental unit and prepare regular reports as needed.
- Inventory management of equipment and supplies at the dental unit. This includes preparing orders as needed to avoid stock outs.
- Diploma in Community Oral Health from a recognized institution
- Registered and licenced by the board
- Ability to build relationships, a good team player, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Transport sick or injured persons to hospital, or convalescents to destination, using knowledge and skill in driving to avoid sudden motions detrimental to patients.
- Place patients on stretcher and loads stretcher into ambulance, usually with help of ambulance attendant/Nurse.
- At the scene, perform patient assessment to determine the nature and extent of injury or illness.
- Maintaining and ensuring the security and safety of the ambulance at all times it is in your custody.
- Provide basic life support, which may include airway management, ventilation, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use of an automatic defibrillator.
- Providing basic first aid for soft tissue and bone injuries, and assisting in childbirth.
- Notifying the hospital emergency department of the nature and extent of the medical treatment provided and give an account of the patient’s condition and progress
- Filling out and updating reports as may be required
- Cleaning, sterilizing and disinfecting the interiors of the ambulance and ensuring the exteriors are washed after each call and replacing any supplies necessary to maintain the performance of their duties.
- Keeping the ambulance coordinator informed and requesting additional assistance or special rescue if it is needed.
- EMT Training and Certification
- Valid driver’s license
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position
Method of Application
Applications to be send to firstname.lastname@example.org. The applications to reach us not later than 2nd November, 2023