Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Computer Science jobs,Engineering jobs,Business related jobs,Safaricom Kenya jobs,
Research and Design Lead
- Responsible for all Domain business projects by resourcing and leading virtual teams across IT
- Responsible for delivering 95% of the projects on time
- Responsible for ensuring project stability within max 48 hours
- Ensure agile is implemented in at least 50% of the projects
- Maintain an accurate registry of all business projects with various statuses and ensure business teams are appraised at all times
- Align with business product leads & PMO on project KPI’s, milestones and timelines
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
- Attend business strategy meetings to ensure IT is aligned with business needs
- Regular team and one-on-one engagements
- Build the team skillset according to the fit for future program
- Team performance management
- Provide budget inputs for business solutions.
- Attend BU strategy sessions
- Weekly Delivery reporting to BU HoDs and Senior Managers on the status of their deliverables
- Responsible for gathering, detailing and documenting all business requirements
- Ensure sensible consensus is reached for all requirements/specifications and help business, IT, CXX, Revenue Assurance and test leads to have the same mutual understanding
- Ensure test plans cover all aspects of Business Requirements and existing business rules
- Responsible for Solutions Design to meet business requirements and non-functional requirements
- Drive reuse on all technical and business functionality designed and no duplication of business components
- Collaboratively oversee the development/configuration of solutions as per agreed designs
- Provide solution architecture input into all new system tenders
- Degree in Science/computer science/Engineering/Business related.
- Strong business acumen and mindset
- 5+ years of technical experience in a busy IT development environment, 2 years of which must include experience in designing systems and solutions.
- 3+ years’ Experience in Technical Leadership of large IT projects
- Team player who is skilled at building up and managing stakeholder relationships successfully
- Ability to persuade stakeholders and to champion effective techniques through delivery
- Ability to drive initiatives without any formal authority in an ambiguous environment
- A curious and innovative mind that built things.
Infrastructure Operations Engineer
IMPORTANT: Write a Perfect Cover Letter in minutes and start getting interviews! Get expert advice as you write.) Use These Examples Proven to Work.
- Working in an agile environment and utilizing relevant tools such as Jira & Confluence.
- Administration, configuration and troubleshooting of servers based on Windows, UNIX/Linux and Virtualization which includes quick response, problem resolution and escalation of issues.
- Administration, configuration and troubleshooting of SAN/NAS storage systems and SAN directors. This includes storage LUN provisioning and Zoning.
- Analysis of server/storage hardware and operating system software. This includes implementation of tactical service improvements, upgrades and patching.
- Collaborating with the team and various stakeholders to identify technical problems, design solutions for them and help implement where required. This involves collaborating with both technical and non-technical staff
- Operations of backup tools, respective hardware and software assurance and testing of disk and data recovery. In case of issues offer prompt restoration of lost data for the business.
- Remediation of Security, Compliance and Audit Issues within the Core Infrastructure
- Technical support for assigned company initiatives and projects. Participation in feasibility studies and testing for new IT infrastructure components.
- University Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 4+ years’ experience in infrastructure support and/or planning in an environment with mixed VMware and Redhat virtualization.
- 4+ Years’ Experience as Systems administrator, Network administrator or analyst in a multifaceted business environment with integrated/mixed Windows, UNIX/Linux server environment
- System Administration Techniques – understanding OS Performance, Microsoft and UNIX/Linux enterprise hardware and storage.
- Experience in enterprise SAN/NAS storage and SAN Directors management.
- Azure, AWS, and GCP certifications preferred
- Attention to details and analytical thinking
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise Linux Server Operating Systems such as RHEL/ CentOS, Ubuntu.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal communication and leadership skills
Certification in any of the following Systems and Network or related trainings is an added advantage
- SAN Storage Certification
- Cloud Technology Associate
- Cloud Administrator
- Cloud Security & Governance
- Certified in Cloud Infrastructure and Services Associate (EMCCIS)
- Cloud Architect,
- Virtualized Infrastructure Specialist
- Network certification e.g. CCNA, CCNP
- UNIX/Linux certification e.g. VCP