Get a job with NGOs, the UN & International Organisations
Earn a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Find details here
Public Affairs Jobs, Government Jobs, New Jobs,
Head of Public Affairs and Government Relations, Middle East and Africa
Location: Cairo, EG NAIROBI, KE Jeddah, SA Cape Town, ZA Dubai, AE
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
At Tetra Pak we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere; and we protect what’s good – protecting food, protecting people and protecting the planet. By doing so we touch millions of people’s lives every day. And we need people like you to make it happen.
Head of Public Affairs and Government Relations, Middle East and Africa
The Head of Public Affairs and Government Relations, Middle East and Africa, will drive the implementation of the Tetra Pak Public Affairs and Government Relations strategy to secure a policy environment that supports, or does not harm, our business objectives and helps identify market opportunities through regulatory engagement.
- Based on market and policy analysis, this public affairs leader will agree the market policy priorities (tactical and strategic) with the global and market teams and develop a strategy and implementation plan for government relations and public policy engagement in Middle East and Africa. This plan will also define the internal and external operating model leveraging partners, agencies, associations and networks available.
- Monitor, engage and advocate on a portfolio of priority policies focused on packaging and circular economy, climate, nature and food and seek new innovative and collaborative ways to advocate so the company can be influential in these areas;
- Build and manage relationships with national and state government officials and agencies, policy makers and their key influencers.
- Work in close collaboration with the Sustainability function to secure stakeholder support and build alliances with industry partners and/or NGOs; represent Tetra Pak in trade associations and stakeholder platforms, leveraging existing opportunities or creating new ones, and mobilizing resources;
- Act as an advisor, support and closely collaborate with the Tetra Pak leadership team in Middle East and Africa on Government Relations and Public Affairs matters.
She/he will be part of the global Corporate Affairs team and reports to the Director for Public Affairs and Government Relations, Greater Middle East and Asia Pacific Markets, works in close partnership with the colleagues in Business, Legal, Sustainability and Communication at market level.
The role location is open to multiple countries however preferred locations are Egypt and Kenya.
What You Will Do
As a Head of Public Affairs and Government Relations, Middle East and Africa, you will:
- Develop and lead the implementation of a public affairs and government relations strategy and annual work plans for Middle East and Africa priority countries to shape the policy environment; position Tetra Pak as partner and solution provider in areas critical for securing business continuity and growth such as but not limited to environmental sustainability, circular economy (incl. EPR for packaging, waste, single use plastics), food and consumer health policies; and prevent punitive regulation and government rulings (e.g. bans on packaging or packaging components).
- Proactively monitor national and state policy and regulatory developments, emerging trends, and other political or public issues with potential business impacts; propose response strategies; ensure risks are managed and opportunities assessed.
- Ensure measurable deliverables and metrics and aligned within the Corporate Affairs function and the country leadership.
- Lead advocacy campaigns and external positioning with government bodies and policy stakeholders; identify external opportunities and platforms to strategically deploy thought leadership (on circular economy and other topics as agreed).
- Ensure we build and manage relationships with key policy stakeholders as well as coalitions with competitors/industry, NGOs and other influencers; secure Tetra Pak representation in key industry associations and networks.
- Build / enhance capabilities within local team engaged in regulation, public policy advocacy, ensure adequate external support and manage external firm/consultancies
- Actively participate in corporate Public Affairs meetings and initiatives; ensure proper communication, alignment and coordination with Sustainability, Legal and Communications.
Who You Are
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced Degree in public policy, international affairs, political science, law and/or similar preferred.
- Min. 10 years of related professional/Public Affairs experience gained in Middle East and Africa in a similar role preferably in a multinational company or, a Public Affairs firm, or industry association.
- Significant experience and network in public affairs, government affairs, environment, sustainability, food and consumer health policy issues; leading advocacy campaigns and working in cross-functional team and business leaders.
- Experience in working in a matrix organization and leadership without a direct mandate both as a team member and single contributor.
Skills and behaviour
- Exceptional understanding of role of public affairs in driving business goals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute effective, innovative and practical public affairs solutions and comprehensive plans that deliver results.
- Highly skilled at anticipating, identifying, and addressing emerging issues and related risks that could impact Tetra Pak’s business.
- Strong grasp of the policymaking process in multiple countries across Middle East and Africa, including the ability to identify emerging issues and opportunities, and to develop and implement measurable tactical plans. Recognized as a creative and independent thinker who clearly articulates public policy ideas and can develop solutions that lead to workable regulatory and policy outcomes for Tetra Pak.
- A self-starter with proven experience in developing and driving advocacy campaigns with measurable results.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, strong team player, culturally sensitive, diplomatic and tactful.
- Strong ability to build relationships and use influence with key constituencies, internally and externally. Established track record of collaboration and coalition building in complex environments.
- Demonstrated ability to succinctly convey relevant information at the right time and with the proper context and seek input as needed.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills Disciplined worker, well-organized, highly motivated, creative and analytical problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to manage change, operate with ease in a dynamic environment and in navigating ambiguity to drive decisions. Focused on priorities, goals and outcomes.
- Makes timely decisions, takes initiative and operates with a sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Exceptional command of English language and strong executive writing skills is required. Arabic will be a plus.
We Offer You
- Variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape.
- Culture that pioneers a spirit of innovation where our engineering experts drive visible results.
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values diversity and inclusion.
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements.
If you are inspired to be part of our promise to protect what’s good; for food, people, and the planet, apply through our careers page at https://jobs.tetrapak.com/.
This job posting expires on 31/01/2022.