Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
NGO Jobs, Managerial Jobs, IT Manager, Project Jobs,
Regional Project Manager – LCC Project
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of the position is to provide leadership in the management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the World Vision US-supported Christian Discipleship (CD)/Spiritual Nurture of Children (SNC)/ Values Formation project in multiple countries. Ensure that all project initiatives have a credible impact on the spirituality of children leading to holistic development of children. See to it that project activities are aimed at nurturing children, their families and mobilizing communities, including churches and faith communities, in all covered areas and contribute to children’s flourishing and experience of God’s love. Ensure that project interventions will ultimately contribute to a sustainable transformational development in project areas.
(NOTE:2023 UN Jobs - Ongoing Recruitment. Get More Details Here.)
National Office Projects Oversight:
- Ensure sufficient field office capacity for implementation of CD / SNC/ Values Formation projects in collaboration with the Technical Support Office.
- Coach and mentor National Office (NO) Project Managers.
- Engage Operations & Program quality teams to ensure Field Office leadership support.
- Ensure CD / Values Formation / SNC is integrated with other technical projects at field level.
- Collaborate with NO Grant Acquisition Management teams to ensure CD / values formation / SNC is written in the grant proposals.
Project Management and Donor Engagement:
- Serves as World Vision US (WVUS) main point of contact for project management, reporting and donor engagement related to covered projects.
- Coordinate the development of annual plans and budget with each National Office for submission to WVUS.
- Collaborate with implementing NOs to prepare donor facing reports.
- Work with the finance teams at the NOs to ensure efficient and effective utilization of the resources.
- Supervise staff under him/her.
CD / SNC / Values Formation Design, Monitoring & Evaluation for greater impact and evidence communication:
- Collaborate with Global Centre/Regional Office/National Office Program quality teams to ensure project indicators are standardized and applied across all Field Office projects.
- Work with WVUS and Global Centre to develop an evidence-based model for CD / values formation / SNC.
- Support NO’s to ensure that project activities and progress are captured in horizon.
- Support and coordinate CD / SNC / values formation related research.
- Coordinate project publications.
- Coordinate the annual CD / SNC / values formation learning forum.
- Ensure that progress and evidence of impact are captured and communicated to donors, partners, and project participants.
- Participate in other organizational meetings as required.
- Participate in National offices strategy reviews.
- Demonstrate Christ-centered lifestyle that inspires passion and set high standard of personal integrity/maturity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- At least 5 years of experience in development field.
- Spiritual maturity; clear articulation of personal faith in Christ about how their faith informs their life and work. Able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Knowledge and experience with WV operations.
- Knowledge and experience with WV faith and development principles including spiritual nurture of children.
- At least five years of programme management experience.
- Facilitation skills in training or facilitating staff and community level empowerment approaches.
- Experience in design, monitoring and evaluation (DM&E).
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Must be computer literate.
- A good team player.
- Good communication and good inter-personal skills.
- Needs excellent English language skills, both oral and written.
- Understanding of basic accounting.
- Degree in related field desired (A Master’s degree will be an added advantage).
- Office-based with frequent travel to the field.
- 30% International travel is required.
Closing Date: 29-Nov-21
Regional Operations Director, Africa – VisionFund
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
VisionFund is seeking a Regional Operations Director (“ROD”) to support and manage the execution of VisionFund’s strategy in the region. The Regional Head is responsible for ensuring the delivery of the ‘double bottom line’ of financial and social performance / impact in the region and delegates certain aspects to the Regional Operations Director who is more directly involved in supporting individual VisionFund Micro-Finance Institutions (MFIs) with achieving their financial and social impact targets.
Building Capacity in the MFI:
- Supervise MFI CEOs under the Regional Operations Directors remit and manage performance expectations in support to local MFI and global VFI priorities, ensuring balanced achievement of MFI double bottom-lines of social and financial performance.
- Lead the delivery of business plans of individual MFIs. This includes monitoring, analysis, problem identification and recommendations that will ensure improved quality of delivery of financial services, improved control environment and increased alignment of strategy.
- Mentorship, coaching and effective onboarding/orientation of new CEOs in assigned MFIs.
Governance and Management:
- As Regional Operations Director, the job holder will be required to take on a board role within the assigned MFIs.
- The person is expected in their duties as a board member of an MFI to reflect the best interests of VFI and to make, where needed, decisions that support such a position.
- Responsible for ensuring MFIs have well-operating boards and are in compliance with local laws, regulatory requirements and WV/VFI policies, procedures and directives.
- Ensuring that there is adequate coordination and monitoring of internal and external audit responses by assigned MFIs management.
Acting in a Management capacity within an MFI during staffing gaps:
- If gaps are identified in the CEO, COO or CFO position that are likely to significantly impact the performance of the MFI and in particular put the MFI at risk then the Regional Operations Director will be required under the direction of the Regional Head to take on a management role in the MFI.
- This can be up to 3 or 6 months while a suitable replacement is being recruited. During this period the ROD will take on the roles of the required position and will continue to report to the Regional Head, but may have an added reporting line into the MFI depending on the position.
- Works closely with the MFI board and VFI senior leadership in the recruitment process of 3-Suit positions in the assigned MFI(s).
Personal and Staff Development:
- As a Christian VisionFund leader, facilitate the spiritual and professional development of MFI CEOs and direct reports.
- Develop clear individual goals, manageable and measurable targets and ongoing feedback and support to achieve them.
- Provide timely and regular staff performance coaching & feedback as well as an annual review of performance and individual development plans.
- Attend weekly virtual operations meetings and other meetings as required by the Regional Head.
- Participation in chapel and devotions.
Security and Safeguarding Responsibilities:
- In some cases, the ROD may have responsibility for security as Focal Point for the region.
- The ROD will be kept informed through existing mechanisms of any Client, staff or stakeholder Safeguarding issues happening in their assigned MFI(s)/Countries.
- ROD will carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned, including administrative and planning functions both within and outside the region.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- The key ability VisionFund is seeking is leadership. In addition to experience with microfinance and banking operations (lending, deposit taking), the successful candidate will have experience developing and nurturing a talented team, and spotting improvement opportunities and making those happen in a complex and dynamic environment. In addition, the following specific knowledge, skills and abilities are required, and may have been acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self education, prior experience or on the job training.
- Marketing and Financial Services development experience.
- Strong Operational Skills in microfinance ideally gained in the relevant region through managing MFIs.
- Experience working in a multinational and multicultural environment with proven cross-cultural effectiveness. Must be cross culturally sensitive and flexible as the jobholder will work with associates from different cultural contexts and timezones. Flexibility on hours to contact people within wide time zone differences is required.
- Extensive leadership experience, largely in a financial services, banking or microfinance environment. Experienced leader of people, committed to developing and encouraging staff. Effective coach and able to train people in VisionFund policies and procedures.
- Given the need to control financial risk within the MFI’s, it is imperative that the jobholder will have good financial analysis, risk management and accounting skills, and strong internal control and project management skills including familiarity with internal audit processes.
- Communication skills, problem solving, diplomacy skills, negotiation and conflict management skills are all required in this senior management role working with multiple MFIs. Excellence in communication and influencing skills in both oral and written forms, with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to balance Christian values with sound commercial practices and commitment to the core values, mission and vision of VisionFund.
- Good organizational skills, and highly developed consulting skills, with ability to analyze, recommend solutions, mentor and direct people. Must be able to simultaneously manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Balanced and respectful approach to groups’ differing responsibilities and priorities. Sensitive to complexity of World Vision direction, MFI board independence and shareholder requirements.
- Must be experienced in managing effective support of accounting and loan tracking systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Economics, or equivalent level of knowledge gained through work experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French.
- Thorough knowledge and extensive experience in governance and compliance, microfinance and banking operations.
- Although central treasury expertise will be provided by VisionFund Global Centre this person should have an understanding of balance sheet risk management including interest rate risk, liquidity risk and foreign exchange risk as well as bank funding processes and contracting.
- Solid understanding of financial reporting and performance measurements and planning/forecasting.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30 – 40% of the time. Most travel will be within the specific region, with periods of up to six months in a leadership role in an MFI.
- Occasional travel to other regions / global conferences or meetings.
Closing Date: 06-Dec-21
Regional IT Manager – Africa, VisionFund
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This role is an integral part of the Africa Regional Team. The role will be in charge of developing the operational and technical frameworks of the VisionFund (VF) Africa network, to deliver on its communicated strategy of impacting rural communities and families. Challenging current work and support practices and solutions, providing direction and leadership, championing the implementation of change both in terms of tech deployment and operational excellence.
Progress of strategy and implementation is evaluated weekly with the Regional Africa Team and with the VFI Operations and Technology team. On a monthly basis, progress and implementation plans are published for regional and global management The Regional IT manager – Africa will drive operational excellence in the region’s MicroFinance Institutions (MFIs) through the adoption of and integration with digital solutions to improve the delivery of financial services.
He/She will work closely with the Global Operations & Technology team to ensure MFIs are in alignment with VFI strategy and global standards and champion regional needs and priorities in respect to global strategic approach and ensure implementation of such in the individual MFIs in their region.
- Work together with local and global management to ensure an effective regional digitisation strategy is in place that supports the realization of the VisionFund Strategy, focusing on the technology and digital solutions for business processes and impact on clients.
- Develop a manage a detailed plan of how the Technology & Digital strategy will be rolled out including core systems, mobile & digital applications, infrastructure, support and ‘other technologies’.
- Support the hiring, budgeting and management of resources that will support the roll out of this strategy.
- Working with Regional and MFI management to document a digitization plan for each MFI, outlining the Digital / Change solution roadmap. Championing / escalating priorities to Regional / Global management.
- Evaluating each MFI’s OCR reality and determining areas of opportunity to make necessary changes to drive down OCR. These can be initial manual changes or as part of an overall Change Programme.
- Working with Operations & Technology team to document / track deployment plan. Escalating priorities and funding / resource needs. Recommend MFIs for strategic systems initiative and present prioritization plan.
- Hiring of key personnel with required experience and background.
- Ensure all projects are effectively managed.
- Oversee the project manager’s work on the gathering of business requirements and functional specification.
- Oversee and/or assist in the due diligence and software selection process for MFI systems. May involve brining in subject matter expertise from Operations and Technology and/or other functions.
- Oversee pre-implementation plans and support MFI in making its plans which include data clean-up, review of change management business impact, human resources and risks.
- Oversee the implementation and support MFIs during implementation of all regional systems and participate in issue-resolution decisions and regular update communication to all stakeholders.
- Ensure that adequate support is in place, both internally at the MFI level as well as externally at the vendor level, for the on-going maintenance, issue-resolution and future customizations.
- Oversee the assessment of a post-implementation review and lead on any findings / recommendations of the same.
Budget / Funding:
- Work together with Region / Operations & Technology on proposals and plans for regional technology and digital budgets and funding.
- Ongoing / daily management of RTB / CTB environments, including the management of CoB processes etc.
- Work with OpTech team to complete PIRs following implementation to ensure project completeness and to document / champion lessons learnt.
- Annual MFI budget plans for “RTB” and “CTB” (Digitisation / Operational) agreed with MFI, Regional, Global management.
- As a Christian VFI leader, develop others encouraging excitement and growth both in their careers but also in spiritual growth.
Other Assignments as needed:
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned, including administrative and planning functions.
Participate in Devotional Meetings:
- Attend and participate in weekly chapel services and daily devotional meetings whenever possible.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Individual with strong hands-on experience in managing and successfully implementing systems in banks and or microfinance institutions around the world. The person is required to have a solid problem-solving and technical skills as well as a ’can do’ attitude towards work and challenges. In addition, the following specific knowledge, skills and abilities are required, and may have been acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self education, prior experience or on the job training.
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a science or technology related discipline.
- Experience of leading a number of successful microfinance/banking systems implementations, in Africa.
- 5+ years of project management experience working to recognized PM methodologies. Qualification in a recognized PM discipline preferred.
- Understanding of microfinance/retail banking operations, from a credit, financial, risk or systems perspective.
- Project management and office tools experience (e.g. Microsoft Project, Office tools).
- Service orientation with ability to lead teams, organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks while transferring knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and be able to work effectively with and manage a diverse and geographically remote team of IT professionals.
- Good organizational skills to be able to analyze, judge risk, recommend solutions.
- Cross-culturally sensitive and be able to work with staff from across the world and in a virtual environment.
- Proficiency (both speaking and writing) in English is a must; Other languages (particularly French) is a preference.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports (e.g. business cases, risk management plans, project close out reports, etc.).
- Requires flexibility on working hours to contact people within wide time-zone differences.
- Must be able to travel internationally (minimum 50% of time).
- Ability to balance Christian values with commercial practices.
- Degree level accreditation in technology / finance or related field
- Project Management certification including one of AGILE, PRINCE 2, LEAN / SIX SIGMA, PMI etc.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English. French is an added advantage.
- Extensive project experience within a Financial Services context, including elements of people, processes and platforms.
- Extensive Digital Finance / Innovation experience including one of: credit, savings, data, accounting.
- Mobile Money / Technology experience, working with a project that has developed / implemented mobile money and automated financial service solutions.
- Operational experience in MicroFinance.
- Experience of implementing Digital solution environments, including Mobile Money and Digital Applications.
- Experience in Data management and reporting.
- Information Security management.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel internationally up to 25 % of the time.
Regional Training Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Work experience required as a minimum for this position:
- Previous experience of at least 5 years in a Training or learning and development role.
- Microfinance experience of at least 5 years.
- Experience in monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of L&D activities, with ability to proactively propose adjustments/new solutions.
- Demonstrated proactivity and technical ability in identifying learning needs.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and train in both formal and informal processes.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills and facilitation skills.
- Self-motivated and proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience organising business events, trainings, conferences, celebrations and similar.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully mentor and coach staff for performance improvement (ideally including people management experience).
- Minimum education of a Bachelor’s degree with a relevant post graduate qualification in a related field and proven ability to think strategically, plan proactively, manage multiple simultaneous projects and evaluate results.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French, including for training facilitation and negotiations.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and experience of applying them.
- Advanced facilitation skills to foster employee engagement in learning events.
- In depth knowledge of microfinance industry best practice and performance drivers gained through formal study and work experience in microfinance.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including a track record of influencing, negotiating, developing people and inspiring people.
- Demonstrated commitment to a Christ-centered life, passion for VisionFund’s mission and vision and ability to apply the Core Values.
- Intercultural sensitivity, interdenominational sensitivity and ability to apply Biblical principles to learning and development interventions.
- Demonstrated skill and understanding in cross cultural communications and demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and creating an inclusive environment.
- Clear thinking and compelling communication, with ability to influence regional leaders and MFI leaders to take appropriate action to meet the learning needs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Problem solving ability and tenacity in the face of set-backs.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a virtual team.
- Proficiency in eLearning design software, particularly Articulate Storyline, is desirable.
- Previous experience in financial services technical operations training in an African context.