Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
IT Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Safaricom Jobs,
Solutions Architect – (21000446)
We are pleased to announce the following Position in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Reporting to the Business Engagement Manager, the role will be the liaison between business system users and the technical team in as far as creating automated business solutions is concerned. The role holder will also be responsible for gathering, detailing and documenting business requirements in a business requirements document and solution designs for business end users and technical developers. Propose ways in which the existing processes and systems can be used or changed to meet new business requirements as well as identify internal systems integrations needed to meet business requirements.
- Carry out full business requirements discovery that includes interviewing relevant stakeholders and end-users. i.e. requirements elicitation
- Collect, classify, analyze and document business requirements as per set standards.
- Create high-level solution designs to meet business requirements by exploiting the functionality available in IT systems already in Safaricom, or by filling missing gaps with appropriate new systems, in accordance with enterprise architecture.
- Lead a project team composed of designers and developers to drive the business needs and expectations by ensuring business intent is understood and delivered by IT.
- Collaboratively develop test-driven business requirements and functional specifications with business, technical, and testing team members.
- Participate in technical/functional evaluation of bids for new systems.
- Ensure sensible consensus is reached for all requirements/specifications and help business, IT, and test leads to have the same mutual understanding thereof.
- Generate process documentation that clarifies and validates how the organization utilizes business systems to meet business requirements
- Liaise with other sections/departments in the delivery of services and projects as well as maintain good working relations between the Squad & Tribe team and all stakeholders.
- Provide support to the Business Unit by assisting in the development/reviewing/translating of User Requirement Specifications into a baseline BRD (Business Requirements Document) and building design documents (FDD, SDD).
- Promote proper release planning, guaranteeing adherence to business needs, change management governance and priorities and consequently, contribute to the reduction of development costs in future.
- Follow a prioritization process that is transparent and understandable for all parties involved.
- Participate in innovation to improve delivered products and services and to explore new technologies and their applications to the enterprise space.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Computer Science or Business Information Technology or in a relevant field
- At least 3 years’ work experience as a systems developer/business analyst in a busy IT development environment, 2 years of which must include experience in systems analysis.
- Professional Experience in Business Analysis (CBAP, IIBA) as well as software development lifecycle is essential, in agile (SAFe, Scrum) and waterfall methodologies.
- Professional Experience in Solution Architecture (TOGAF)
- Professional Experience in Cloud Architecture (AWS, Azure, Huawei cloud and Google Cloud)
- Domain experience in financial services, financial technologies will be an added advantage.
- Broad technical expertise combined with business acumen and strong consulting skills.
- Knowledge in Micro service development
- Knowledge in App and Web development
- Knowledge in Relational Databases and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge in DevOps activities e.g. CI/CD, Creating deployment pipelines
- Adherence to best software development practices e.g. Code review, Refactoring, Versioning, Dead code elimination,
- Knowledge in performance benchmarking and performance tuning.
- Excellent systems analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills along with meeting facilitation skills
- Experience in writing formal Use Cases and other UML tools
- Demonstrated experience in producing requirements that support event driven development and test-driven development.
- Excellent communication skills – must be able to listen to customers, document requirements quickly & accurately, and review written materials for accuracy. Must also be able to communicate specifications to person’s at all technical levels.
- Proven track record for delivery of large scale, complex projects delivering IT/Telco customer solutions; demonstrable leadership skills and organizational experience.
- Ability to communicate and influence others
Closing Date: : Jan 18, 2022