Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Information Studies Jobs, Education Teaching Jobs, School Lab Management Opening,
- To have overall responsibility for the management of the School Library.
- To select, acquire, purchase, organise, advise on and promote learning resources in all formats which support the curriculum and learning and teaching in consultation with school management and other teaching staff.
- To index, catalogue and classify learning resources in the library resource center and develop and maintain accurate and reliable catalogue and lending systems.
- To collaborate with teaching staff in the planning, development, delivery and evaluation of relevant learning and study skills programmes in the library resource center.
- To open the library before school, break-time, lunch-time and after school.
- To promote the use of the library resource center to the school community and foster an atmosphere which is conductive to positive learning experiences for users of the service. This will include ensuring a high standard of display and promotional material is available.
- To supervise and train staff on duty in the library.
- To assist in developing, implementing and maintaining a policy for the management and use of the library resource center as a resource which supports learning and teaching in the school.
- To manage and organise resources, facilities and services provided by the library resource center to allow flexible access and support for curricular activities, study support, independent and recreational use.
- To provide guidance, where appropriate in the use of ICT applications and other library resource center facilities.
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Library or Information studies or its equivalent or any other related field from a recognized institution.
- At least 3 years’ experience performing library services preferably in a school setup.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Record Management skills will be an added advantage.
- Ability to manage a library and its collection
Head of Upper Primary (Grade 4 -8)
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work with and support the Headteacher in leading and managing Earlybird Primary School.
- To work in partnership with the Senior Leadership team in leading and managing the institution.
- To enthuse, lead, develop and enhance the teaching practices of others across upper primary through mentoring, coaching, evaluating, supporting, guiding and target setting.
- Securing the highest standards of pupil achievement across Upper Primary group, through a process of effective monitoring, evaluation, reporting and review of learning, progress and teaching outcomes.
- To ensure safeguarding and child protection procedures are maintained at the highest standards as stipulated in the school’s policies.
- Handling disciplinary cases in Upper Primary
- Embedding highest CBC principles in all grades
- Consistently evaluating/assessing /appraising performance of all teachers in upper primary
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor of Education degree or Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (Bsc.) degree from an accredited University
- Experience Level: Management level
- Experience Length: 3-5 years working in leadership roles
- Have experience in leadership roles.
- Demonstrate excellent motivation, team leading and the ability to achieve goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communicator
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaising with the teacher allocate of materials and equipment for the practical lesson
- Reviewing and updating on technical components of the curriculum.
- Conduct physical demonstrations during practical lessons
- Advising and instruct students on the use and maintenance of equipment.
- Setting out equipment and materials for the class.
- Manage the process of chemical storage, handling and disposal system per school regulations.
- Ensure safety and health is observed throughout at the laboratory and during experiments.
- Observe security of the science laboratory and equipment.
- Maintaining an inventory of lab equipment.
- Keeping a record of the consumables used regularly and maintain adequate supplies
- Acquiring relevant catalogs and price lists.
- Ordering equipment and chemicals in consultation with the procurement manager/ Principal.
- Assisting with labeling, storage, stock-taking and ordering of equipment and chemicals.
- Servicing and clean laboratory apparatus
- Developing maintenance procedures for laboratory equipment and organize maintenance where required.
- Reporting damages to equipment and arrange repairs.
- Conducting safety audits for the laboratories.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Diploma or certificate in Science Laboratory Technology in Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized institution.
- Prepared students’ practical works with a high mark of excellence.
- You pride in success and you are a problem solver.
- A least 3 years of working experience
Job Description / Requirements
- Calculates recipe quantities for the purpose of assuring adequate meals to meet the need of staff and students, without creating excess waste.
- Supervises kitchen staff to maintain high standards when cleaning utensils, equipment, and storage, food preparation and serving areas for the purpose of maintaining safe and sanitary conditions.
- Directs assigned personnel, student workers and/or volunteers (e.g. performing kitchen duties, assigning work schedules, etc.) for the purpose of guiding the individuals in performing their functions in a safe and efficient manner.
- Inspects food items and/or supplies for the purpose of verifying quantity and specifications of orders and/or complying with mandated health standards.
- Maintains food and supplies inventory for the purpose of assuring adequate supply to provide the planned meals to students and staff.
- Supervises dining Hall when learners are having meals and ensures kitchen staff serve the food promptly
- Orders food and supplies for the purpose of preparing meals to meet the nutritional needs of students and staff. Prepares documentation (e.g. Kitchen policies, safety manuals and food processing regulations, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
- Responds to inquiries of staff and learners for the purpose of providing information regarding the quality of food
- Trains employees and evaluates job performance for the purpose of achieving success in the child nutrition program.
- Attends regular staff meetings with the rest of the school staff to keep updated on current events
- Hiring new staff and providing training to facilitate quick acclimation.
- Coming up with detailed kitchen processes for each available position and/or staff member.
- Streamlining the kitchen processes to maintain prompt service times.
- Setting regular cleaning standards for the kitchen and verification of good staff sanitation levels.
- Oversee health code compliance issues on matters food storage and cleaning practices.
- A bachelors degree in culinary science or relevant fields.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of cooking methods kitchen equipment and best practices
- Good understanding of MS Office and restaurant software programs.
- Teamwork oriented with outstanding leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Method of Application
To apply, send your application containing your CV, Cover Letter and Testimonials to email@example.com.
NOTE: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.