Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
BREAKING NEWS: New Salary Structure for State Officers:
The new structure is anchored on a job evaluation carried out by the Commission in 2012.
The review is also informed by research carried out by the agency as well as public participation.
The Commission had early in the year presented a preliminary report to President Uhuru Kenyatta, who hinted during the State of the Nation Address in March that salaries of State officers would be reviewed downwards.
Kshs. 1,443,750/- down from 1,650,000/-
Kshs. 1,227,188 down from 1,402,500
CS, AG, Chief of Defence and all those of the same band
Kshs. 924,000 from Kshs. 1,056,000
Principal Secretaries and all those of the same band
Kshs. 765,188 from Kshs. 874,500
Commanders of Various Forces – KDF
Kshs. 746,461 down from 854,241
Speakers of both Houses of Parliament
Kshs. 1,155,000 down from 1,320,000
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Kshs. 924,000 down from 1,056,000
Leader of Majority and Minority
Kshs. 765,188 down from 1,020,000
Members of Senate and Members of National Assembly (Parliament)
Kshs. 621,250 down from Kshs. 710,000
New Salary: Kshs. 924,000 down from 1,056,000
New Salary: Kshs. 621,250 down from Kshs. 701,441
New Salary: Kshs. 259,875 down from Kshs. 350,000
New Salary : Kshs. 144,375 down from Kshs. 165,000
1. All Governors allowances.
2. All Deputy Governors allowances.
3. Reimbursable Mileage allowance/s
4. Special Responsibility Allowances
5. Sitting allowances for attendances by Members for Senate and National Assembly
1. These salaries have been gazetted and are now law.
2. The Salaries are gross salaries subject to statutory deductions.
3. The Salaries will be fixed for the term of Office including for all successors to the Office.
4. From the above there will be a saving to the Country of Kshs. 8,853,204,952/- (8.8billion) per annum on the various items of categories saved above.
The wage Bill will now drop from 52% of GDP as it stands now to about 35% of GDP.
Chairperson SRC Sarah Serem
Visit Salaries and Remuneration Commission Website
View available Jobs In Kenya Here
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview