How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
Latest Jobs, Career Opportunities,
Position Title : DTM Reporting Officer
Duty Station : Nairobi, Kenya
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade UG
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Type of Appointment : Special short-term ungraded, six months Estimated
Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 06 April 202
The IOM Somalia launched the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) in April 2016 to provide reliable data on populations affected by displacement as well as cross-border mobility.
In 2020, DTM Somalia is implementing Flow Monitoring, Mobility Tracking (Baseline Assessment) and surveys. Under the overall supervision of the Head, Operations and Humanitarian Response, and the direct supervision of the Programme Manager Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM)/DTM, the successful candidate will be responsible for producing DTM external reports (dashboards, maps, etc.) as well as supporting the unit in the inception and enhancement of data collection exercises.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the Programme Manager (CCCM/DTM), lead the production – analysis, writing, editing- of timely and accurate DTM reports, factsheets and dashboards.
- Develop different templates that can be used to visualize DTM data, including graphics and maps that can be easily understood by both specialized and non-specialized audiences.
- Conduct literature/desk reviews and stay abreast of migration related data products covering the region, in order to validate and contextualize DTM’s findings.
- Engage external and internal data users (bilaterally or through workshops) to improve the way DTM products are utilized.
- Support the improvement of methodology and tools to be used by DTM Somalia, as well as the design of new data collection exercises when relevant.
- Support capacity building of DTM teams and external partners on data collection and analysis.
- Contribute to the development of project proposals, project updates and final reports to donors.
- Perform such other duties as maybe assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in social sciences, development, data management or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in conducting research, including reporting and presenting findings.
- Experience working in the region is an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Excellent communication skills in written English.
- Good understanding of migration and humanitarian frameworks.
- Ability to use publishing/graphic design/GIS software is an advantage Languages Fluency in English (oral and written).
Working knowledge of Somali.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php). Required Competencies: The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges. Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 06 April 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment Posting period: From 24.03.2020 to 06.04.2020