Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
KANCO is regional membership network of organizations including: Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs), Community Based Organization (CBOs), Faith Based Organization (FBOs), Private Sector, Research and Learning Institutions responding to HIV & AIDS and TB in Kenya.
Its mission is to provide leadership, promote collaboration and enhance capacity among Civil Society organizations (CSOs) and other stakeholders to respond to HIV & AIDS, TB other public Health concerns at community level.
Guided by the vision of healthy people, empowered communities, over time KANCO has evolved to become a premier agency for sensitizing, mobilizing and promoting collaboration among civil society organizations (CSOs) working in the region.
KANCO is recruiting An Accountant- Nairobi.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
S/he will be responsible for responsible for processing of financial transactions, maintaining financial records of the organization, providing adequate accounting information, ensuring compliance with financial policies, systems and procedures, maintain accounting controls, proper custody of financial records, and safeguarding the assets of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the implementation of and ensure adherence to financial management policies, systems and procedures.
- Providing technical input in the programs budgeting process.
- Preparing of monthly, annual books of accounts and records in a timely manner for annual and special audits.
- Coordinating of external audit and lead the response to issues raised in the management letter.
- Providing support in audit of projects when necessary.
- Assist in providing technical support in financial management to management, membership and partners.
- Ensuring cheques, payment of vouchers and any supporting source/transaction documents are approved and authorized.
- Verifying all payments for accuracy and ensure amounts are within budget provisions before submission for approval.
- Verifying staff returns from the field for accuracy, completeness and genuineness including receipts and any vouchers submitted by imprest holders when retiring advance/imprest
- Processing and making payments to creditors.
- Preparing monthly cash and bank reconciliations and follow-up on outstanding issues in a timely manner.
- Preparing of monthly cash-flow statement.
- Carry out daily reconciliation on financial transactions captured in the financial records and update in the accounting system.
- Ensuring timely remittance of statutory deductions to relevant authorities by the due dates (e.g. PAYE., NHIF, NSSF, HELB, NITA etc)
- Compiling annual and periodic returns as per requirements and directives and forward the same to the relevant statutory and government departments to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or any other related field from a recognized University
- Must have a professional qualifications CPA K
- At least five(5) years’ experience in a similar position preferably in an NGO environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in accounting packages such as Quick-books, Pastel etc.
- Strong report writing skills
- Strong coordination skills
- Auditing skills
How to Apply
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV before 15th March 2019 to email@example.com.
Quoting the current and expected salary with Accountant – Nairobi on the email subject line
KANCO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against: color, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion or belief, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, HIV/AIDS Status, and disability.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted