Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
NGO Research Assistants Jobs in Kenya
The Nyanza Reproductive Health Society (NRHS) is a non-profit organization with its headquarters in Kisumu dedicated to improving reproductive health of men and women in Kenya.
NRHS has several research projects focusing on HIV/STI prevention; it runs support groups for PLWHA and Special Populations, and is working with the Ministry of Health to scale up male circumcision for HIV prevention in various parts of Nyanza Province.
NRHS is seeking to hire Research Assistants for a study of adolescents.
This study will be conducted in Kisumu and Siaya Counties to examine counseling of adolescents for male circumcision services.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
Job Location: Kisumu and Siaya Counties
- Adhere to study Protocol
- Screen, recruit, consent and interview research participants
- Trace research participants for follow-up interviews
- Data entry
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Study Coordinator
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English, Dholuo, and Kiswahili
- Ability to discuss openly sexual behavior and HIV risk with adolescent males
- Familiarity with using computers and basic software packages
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Licensed motorbike rider is a plus
- At least diploma-level qualification in a health related field, social science or social work
- Experience in conducting interviews and/or counseling youth
- Previous research experience
- Familiarity with Siaya and Kisumu Counties.
How to Apply
- A cover letter detailing current work, prior experience and qualifications in the areas described above, telephone and e-mail contact
- Submit a current CV & cover letter as one document
- Names, telephone and e-mail contacts of at least 3 professional referees
Applications are to be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Research Assistant Adolescent Study” on the subject line on or before 19th October, 2018.