Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
The Non-Governmental Organizations Co-ordination Board is a State Corporation established by the Non-Governmental Organizations Co-ordination Act (Cap 19) of 1990. The Board has the responsibility of regulating and enabling the NGO sector in Kenya. The NGOs Co-ordination Board started its operations in 1992 under the Ministry of State in the Office of the President. The Board is currently under the Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government.
Operations And Compliance Assistant
Job Ref: NGOB/HR-RC/OCA/CONTRACT-2018/2019
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce – Accounting/Finance Option
- Experience in an audit firm will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Receiving, recording and scrutinising NGOs’ annual reports (returns);
- Advising NGOs on their compliance status and due dates for filing annual reports;
- Developing a list of all NGOs’ due dates for submission of annual reports status;
- Preparing weekly summaries on data of NGOs and their annual returns status;
- Preparing monthly reports on annual reports;
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
- At least one (1) year Internship/working experience in in busy environment and especially dealing in a service provision.
Records Management Assistant
Job Grade: NGOB/HR-RC/RMA/CONTRACT-2018/2019
- Diploma in Records/Information Management, Information Library Science or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Proficiency in Records Management
- Demonstrate merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- At least one (1) year Internship/working experience in record management in busy environment and especially dealing in a service provision environment.
- Ensure security of files and documents
- Controlling and opening of files, updating file index and renewing of files covers
- Ensure proper handling of documents, pending correspondences and bring-ups
- Receiving, sorting, opening, filing and distribution of mails
- Ensure that letters are appropriately filed and marked to action officers.
- Preparing and dispatching letters and maintaining registers
- Up-dating and maintaining up-to-date file movement records
- Dealing with enquiries and requests for information from both internal and external clients.
- Conducting record searches.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Job Ref: NGOB/HR-RC/RA/CONTRACT-2018/2019
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Statistics and Mathematics, Statistics and Economics from a recognized institution;
- Analytical and research skills;
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Knowledge in SPSS software will be an added advantage
- Demonstrate merit in performance and results
- Undertaking research on emerging national and global issues/trends on management of NGOs;
- Collecting and analysing data;
- Preparing database to facilitate dissemination of information;
- Preparing periodic monthly and quarterly reports and findings on research for the Board;
- Drafting and compiling reports on research issues.
- At least one (1) year Internship/ working experience in a business oriented and busy environment and especially dealing in a service provision environment
Method of Application
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates/testimonials should be addressed to and posted/hand delivered in sealed envelope:
The Executive Director
NGOs Coordination Board
P. O. Box 41617 – 00100
Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 18th April, 2019 by 5:00 P.M.
- Applications should clearly indicate on the envelope the position applied for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
- The NGOs Co-ordination Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Youth and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.