Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
ICT & Computer jobs, NGO jobs, International jobs,
Back-End Software Developer D-Team
Data and technology is the fuel for decision making, process improvement and analysis within the humanitarian sector. The Backend Developer will be responsible for developing and maintaining technical solutions which will provide direct benefit to our staff and the people that we serve. The Backend Developer will work closely with other members of NRC’s D Team (Digital Transformation Team) and will join a growing engineering team at NRC and have opportunities to work across the entire stack. Our backend services are largely developed in GoLang with an emphasis on simplicity and interoperability and deployed to AKS (Azure Kubernetes Services). Our web and app clients are developed in React (Native) and Typescript.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
You will work together with others to build new product features from start to finish — conception, research, implementation, and maintenance.
You will work on some fast moving and dynamic projects which will directly impact NRC’s ability to improve the lives of millions of people in an ever-changing world. For example, you might work on a case management tool for the humanitarian sector:
You’ll also contribute to providing strategic direction for digital transformation in NRC, code/security standards, share knowledge with other technical staff to improve and leverage overall development practice in NRC.
- Contribute to the design, delivery, and rollout of digital interfaces and actively participate in shaping solutions and setting up plans.
- Produce periodic documentation to share progress and learning.
- Actively participate in promoting and embodying a highly collaborative, dynamic work culture.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to NRC’s policies and procedures, especially in relation to information security and data protection standards.
- Communicate and represent NRC with partners, consultants, and service providers at a technical level.
- Collaborate with product leads, front-end developers, DevOps and product owner to design and implement new features
- Build and maintain several internal services which will be used across the product data pipeline or alongside the backend.
- Work on full project lifecycle starting from requirements gathering/understanding the problem to deploying and maintaining projects.
- Prepare technical documentation and specifications on a regular basis.
- Create unit test plans, contribute to functional/UAT test plans as needed.
- Provide technical oversight of external consultants’ work that includes custom design and assist in handover of these to NRC (to ensure long-term ownership).
- Support the recruitment of future NRC technical staff and support the evaluation of external technical consultants.
- Provide support to wider ICT/tech teams in NRC in case of any issue with development and design.
Please access the full Job Description for more details about the role.
What you will bring
- Proven experience with IT projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related subjects, or demonstrable expertise in the field.
- Advanced analytical skills and problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable working with a geographically distributed team, and can easily work with non-technical colleagues
- Capable of operating in an “Agile” environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Other languages are an asset.
- Pro-active in keeping up to date with industry trends and innovation
- 2+ years of experience shipping and maintaining code in production
- Solid knowledge of programming in Go, Python, fundamentals of API design and security, familiarity with basic DevOps is a plus
- A good understanding of AKS or any other cloud provider and experience with modern deploy stack –docker, Kubernetes
- Proficient with a relational database including building, optimizing, debugging, and creating queries and safe migration scripts
What makes this position attractive?
- You will collaborate with a passionate and experienced international team doing incredibly meaningful work advocating for the rights of people forced to flee
- Our pay is competitive based on the sectoral standard and we are committed to your growth
- You get to work on a challenging and exciting opportunity that will provide direct benefit to NRC staff (7000 and counting) and beneficiaries (11 million and counting)
- A 1-year full-time contract (possibly extended) with Berlin as the preferred duty station but we are also open to considering other duty stations where NRC has an office (we support remote collaboration)
- Duty station: Germany/Norway/ Remote in locations where NRC has a presence