Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Office Assistant Job, NGO Jobs in Kenya, Jobs in Kenya,
Job Title: Office Assistant
Organisation: Self Help Africa
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Department: Finance and Administration
Location: Baringo County (Marigat Town)
Benefits: 22 days annual leave, Medical Insurance (self+spouse+4children maximum, 25% leave allowance and 10% Employer pension contribution
Reports to: Administration & Logistics Officer
Expected Travel: Minimum travel will be required
ABOUT SELF HELP AFRICA:
Self Help Africa (SHA) is an international NGO dedicated to the vision of an economically thriving and resilient rural Africa. We have 50 years of experience working with smallholder farmers, farmer associations, cooperatives and agribusinesses across Africa to help farmers grow and sell more food, improve diets, diversify incomes and make their livelihoods more sustainable and resilient to external shocks. SHA also builds awareness of issues affecting smallholders and represent their interests at policy and institutional level.
SHA is a core member of The Gorta Group which is composed of a group of innovative organizations driving sustainable economic and social change across Africa. Comprising Self Help Africa, Partner Africa and TruTrade, the Gorta Group combines expertise in market-based solutions to poverty and rural development; climate change mitigation and resilience; trade facilitation and farmer and worker rights; underpinned by an inclusive ethos that specifically targets women and youth. In August 2021, United Purpose joined the Gorta Group, which operates as Self Help Africa (SHA), bringing together two organizations with proud histories of assisting those in greatest need. United Purpose, formerly Concern Universal, has worked for more than 40 years as a leader in community-led development and grassroots innovation. SHA now has over 700 staff worldwide, as a result of the merger, and a global turnover of over €40m. We are currently implementing a portfolio of 80 projects in Bangladesh, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Uganda and Zambia funded by a variety of institutional and private donors including the European Union, Irish Aid and World Food Programme. In 2020, we supported close to eight million people in rural communities across sub-Saharan Africa, Brazil and Bangladesh.
The job holder will be responsible and accountable for managing all administrative and finance related activities of the Marigat office.
- Organize for meetings in the office and those at conference facilities
- Take minutes in working group meetings
- Ensure the security of the office by being in charge of opening and closing of the office
- Sourcing of quotations for programme needs, office items and other items
- Ensure that different services rendered are appropriate and report on their status
- Ensure that the office cleaning is done appropriately and on time
- Ensure that the Monday staff refreshments are made available
- Ensure that staff airtime is distributed on time to the respective staff
- Maintain the office petty cash and account to Head office when it is utilised
- Manage the use of office stationery
- Maintain the records of all office assets and inventory/supplies and ensure that they are adequately secured and allocated as directed by the Administration & Logistics Officer.
- Conduct a quarterly physical fixed assets verification on all assets held in the Marigat office and prepare a report that should be submitted to the Administration & Logistics Officer.
- Assist the finance team with partner financial monitoring, when called upon to do so
- Ensure that the payments to the various service providers are done on time, such as Internet, Utilities, Security, Newspapers, Rentokil and Rent
- In liaison with the Administration & Logistics Officer coordinate logistics for staff visiting the project(s)
- Ensure secure and appropriate parking is secured for office vehicles
- Participate in distribution of various procurements (e.g. seedlings, food stuff, assets, animals etc) when called upon
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- In liaison with the Programme Manager, participate and disseminate security updates from the County Steering Committee to the team in a timely manner
- Ensure that C19 Contact tracing is done a weekly basis and update the Administration & Logistics Officer.
- Any other duties as periodically assigned by the line manager
- Project Accountant(s) and Finance Officer
- Head of Finance and Administration
- HR Manager
- All Programme Staff
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or a Degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook,
- 1-year proven experience in office management with an INGO
- Basic knowledge of financial processes / bookkeeping an added advantage
Download the Job Description
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available and SHA reserves the right to make necessary changes.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please download the Application Form and fill it in. Upload this, along with your CV and covering letter to our Online Recruitment Platform.
If you are experiencing any problem with submitting your online application please visit this link for assistance: https://bit.ly/SHA_TechSupport1
Please note incomplete applications will not be considered for shortlisting.
Closing date is Friday 5th November at 5pm.