Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Amref Health Africa Jobs
- Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organization based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is for lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and West Africa providing services
- to over 30 countries. Employing over 700 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $90 million, Amref Health Africa is a knowledge resource for donors and partners. For more information visit our website www.amref.org
Technical Advisor WASH
- Amref Health Africa in Kenya is currently implementing a 6 months COVID 19 Emergency Preparedness Programme funded by the EU. The programme is aimed at strengthening capacity of national, county and
- community level stakeholders to response to the COVID 19 pandemic as per the guidelines set out by the MOH.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Reporting to the Project Coordinator, the job holder will provide technical expertise and support in project activity, strategy development and implementation at the county level.
Education and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Advanced knowledge of water and sanitation engineering and training in the use of a variety of water equipment including emergency mobile water treatment and storage unit, sanitation kits, water treatment chemicals, design of boreholes, rehabilitation of hand dug wells, pipelines, basic knowledge of treatment of sewages as well as concrete storages, etc.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
- Provide technical input and oversight in the technical design, development and implementation of the WASH component of the CEPREP Programme
- Provide technical advice to the Program coordinator on all WASH and Environmental Health priorities and issues in the COVID 19 response
- Represent the CEPREP programme at the county level amongst MOH officials and WASH stakeholders involved in the COVID 19 response to strengthen networks and partnerships at both county and National levels.
- Co-ordinate and participate in planning and implementation of WASH project activities in the entire county as allocated.
- Participate in preparation of work plans and progress weekly, monthly as per programme and donor requirements.
- Provide quality control for WASH interventions
- Participate in support supervision activities individually and in collaboration with national and county MOH stakeholders.
- Identify new program opportunities through rapid assessments and proposal development inputs and writing as needed
- Provide technical support in the development and writing of new concepts and proposals for fundraising
- Work closely with the M&E officer in provision of weekly updates highlighting potential bottlenecks and lessons learnt
- Regularly assess and provide feedback and recommendations on the quality of WASH programmes and interventions
- Over 3 years’ relevant work experience in implementation of WASH projects.
- Experience in project implementation, management, design and planning.
Competencies & Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required.
- Mature with initiative
- Ability to work in multi-cultural teams
- Reliability; and
- Ability to work within deadlines
- Attention to detai
How to apply:
- Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a Cover letter in PDF expressing your interest and clearly outlining your qualifications for the position (Not exceeding 2 pages); and an updated CV in PDF (Not exceeding 3 pages) highlighting all relevant educational and employment experience to email@example.com . The subject line for your email should read: REF: Amref/WASH/Technical Advisor WASH/05-2020 by 20th May 2020.
Please note that
- only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
- Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy
The Following Job are Vacant
- Project Officer Amref Health Africa Handeni District- Tanga, Tanzania Full Time
- Technical Advisor WASH Amref Health Africa Nairobi, Kenya Short Term
- Technical Advisor Maternal Infant Young Child Nutrition Amref Health Africa Nairobi, Kenya Short Term
- Technical Advisor Disease surveillance and Research Amref Health Africa Nairobi, Kenya Short Term
- Technical Advisor Care and Treatment OfficerAmref Health Africa Nairobi, Kenya Short Term
- Digital Learning Technical Lead Amref Health Africa Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Full Time