Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
Jobs In Kenya, 2020 Available Jobs
- Closing Date: Thursday, 23 Jan 2020 at 5.00 p.m.
- Job Purpose: Reporting to the Medical Officer in Charge, the Clinical Officer will apply medical knowledge and skills in the diagnosis, prevention and management of diseases.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Give consultation services to all patients in the staff clinic, diagnosing, giving health education, counselling and treatment;
- Take patients notes, examine and document all findings both for legal reference and for the benefit of other medical staff;
- Liaise with other service providers to ensure efficient and effective management of patients;
- Refer patients to hospitals, physiotherapy, x-ray units, laboratory, external doctors and other service providers;
- Admit patients to the main hospitals and other specialized facilities;
- Perform outpatient medical and surgical procedures;
- Promote disease prevention and participate in employee wellness programs;
- Maintain confidentiality and impartiality in service provision;
- Participate in formulation of customer satisfaction survey questionnaire and its implementation;
- Responsible for medical equipment assigned to the incumbent and ensure budget optimization;
- Conduct medical examinations on new employees and food handlers (canteen staff) and issue certificates or advice the management on the risky food handlers;
- Accompany patient for overseas treatment;
- Keep up to date with medical developments, new drugs, treatments and medications, including complementary medicine;
- Promote good health, well-being and prevention of illness by active participation in education and wellness programs.
- Observe patients follow ups.
- Diploma in clinical Medicine and Surgery; or Bachelor’s degree in clinical Medicine;
- Registered with Clinical Officers Council of Kenya with a current practising licence.
- Not less than five (5) years’ experience in a busy health facility.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
- Knowledge of health laws and medical legislations;
- Knowledge of pharmacy policy and legislative requirements;
- Knowledge of drug supplies and management;
- Excellent communication, analytical, planning, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to think strategically with creative problem solving skills.
Candidates are requested to note that:
- INCOMPLETE applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How To Apply
Click Here To Register / Login to apply for this job