Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Commodities Fund Jobs, Credit Officer Jobs, Systems Auditor Jobs, Supply Chain Assistant Jobs
- Commodities Fund (ComFund) is a Government Agency under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Co-operatives, established under Crops Act 2013 to provide easily accessible and affordable credit to Crops Sector in Kenya. The Fund seeks to recruit experienced, highly motivated and results – oriented individuals, to fill the following positions;
- CREDIT OFFICERS (6 Positions)
- CREDIT ASSISTANTS (5 Positions)
- SUPPLY CHAIN ASSISTANT (1 Position)
- SYSTEMS AUDITOR (1 Position)
CREDIT OFFICER – COMFUND/ADVERT/CRO/01/2020
Overall Job Purpose:
- Reporting to the Manager Credit , the Credit Officer is responsible for the entire credit administration process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the credit worth of applicants & collections to meet set targets & minimize Portfolio while maximizing volumes, sustainability and profitability
Credit Officer Job Responsibilities
- Manage the business relationships & portfolio of intermediaries while growing a high quality loan book.
- Receive and appraise credit applicants and proposals from farmers.
- Make appropriate recommendations to the Credit manager following credit appraisals and advise the intermediaries with reason for unsuccessful applications.
- Ensure appropriate securities documentation in line with the Fund’s Credit Risk Management policy.
- Prepare and submit disbursement request to the Credit Manager and follow up for approval with credit committee.
- Liaise with the Finance department for disbursements to farmers;
- Ensure that all pertinent reports and supporting documentation required from the
- farmers are received on time, analyzed and submitted to the appropriate departments.
- Design appropriate field monitoring missions involving the farmers within their catchments and submit timely reports.
- Develop a loan recovery programme for outstanding loans and ensure timely remittance of repayment to the Fund and provide recommendations on strategy to adopt with respect to default cases.
- Contribute to product development to ensure that credit risk exposure is minimized
- Review the loan portfolio on a regular basis and give recommendation on areas of improvement or remedy
- Keeping abreast of issues related to compliance, legal, and market-risk involved in the endorsement of credit
- Manage assigned projects within the Credit department;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
(IMPORTANT:Earn 200K working in NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, International Development Community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details click here)
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, Agribusiness or its equivalent from a recognized university
- Post graduate qualification in Credit Management or its equivalent is an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualifications e.g. CIFA, CPA, ACCA, CCP (at least part II)
- At least three (3) years working experience in credit Appraisal & Administration in a reputable financial institution
- Experience in working with an Enterprise Resource Planning System
- Results-orientated, adheres to turn around times/deadlines.
- Team player, approachable, self-motivated.
- Strong Credit Analytical skills
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Proven leadership and good communication and negotiation skills
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- If you meet the above requirements, kindly submit an online application, including copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials, curriculum vitae and three referees addressed to the Managing Trustee, Commodities Fund (P.O. Box 52714 – 00200, Nairobi) on email : email@example.com (copied to firstname.lastname@example.org ) by 19th June 2020.
- Indicate clearly the position you are applying for on the subject of your email.
COMPLIANCE WITH CHAPTER SIX
- You are advised to submit your clearance certificates (or evidence of online applications) to the relevant bodies for the following documents:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations,
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA;
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
- (NOTE: Names of shortlisted candidates shall be submitted to the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission for integrity verification)
- Commodities Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons Living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Click Here to View other Positions
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview