Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
ICT Jobs, icipe Jobs
Business Support Officer I (ICT)
- Title: Business Support Officer I (ICT)
- Location: icipe Duduville campus, Nairobi
- Duration: 2 yrsPreamble
- icipe seeks to recruit a Business Support Officer I in the ICT Unit. The position is tenable in Nairobi at the icipe Duduville campus. This is a two-year contract, renewable subject to continued position needs, funding for the position, and performance of the staff member. This is a nationally recruited position. A competitive compensation package will be offered to the right candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Install and maintain operating systems, utilities, and application software on server systems.
- Resolve incident reports as needed for data/network centre support.
- Install, configure and test workstations or servers with supporting hardware, software, and networking
- Install, configure, and maintain network devices, cabling and peripherals, as necessary.
- Monitor network for stability and proper configuration.
- Train personnel within the unit who provide support services to users.
- Diploma in Computer Science or a related field.
- Professional certification in server operating system administration.
- Professional certification in network administration.
- A minimum of three (3) years of previous system administration experience.
- Experience with multiple types of operating systems.
- Experience with networked environments.
- Experience with configuring and maintaining routers and switches.
- Demonstrated knowledge of security protocols.
- Ability to train to others in applications and operating system fundamentals.
OTHER DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to approach complex problems logically and systematically.
- Makes use of independent research and self-directed learning to solve operational issues and implementation obstacles.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications will be accepted up to 29th May 2020. Interested applicants should submit: (a) a confidential cover letter; (b) detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees, including e-mail addresses; and (c) a statement illustrating suitability against the listed qualifications/competencies/abilities, and skills.Candidates are required to apply online through : http://recruit.icipe.org or by Email: email@example.com
- icipe is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equity, teamwork, and respect for diversity