Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Jobs in Kenya, Project Management Jobs
Position: Assistant Project manager
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an assistant to provide project management support ensuring that the project activities run smoothly and ensure the set Programme deliverables are met
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa.
- Update and maintain all project documentation including project budget in project tracking system such as OCS, contracts, invoices, technical reports, financials among others
- Liaising with the relevant units/departments to ensure the completion of activities and documentation to support the procurement plans of the project
- Follow up on deliverable completion of work plans, ensuring due dates are met
- Assist with data collection and gathering, analysis and management of project documentation
- Update and maintain project records including inputting in the system such as OCS and following up on approvals and other issues
- Assist in ensuring effective communication within administrative team
- Gather inputs for the preparation of project reports
- Create a list of electronic project documentation/files including reports, approvals and any other relevant documentation for historical record
- Coordinate knowledge sharing activities at the close of the project
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration/ Management
- Technical training in project management – desirable
- At least 5 years’ project administration experience
- Effective administrative skills
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Experience in facilitating teamwork and collaboration across multiple functions
- Experience working in an international organization
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 12. The position is a 2-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 23 January 2020. The position title and reference number REF: APM/ AHH /01/2020 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview