Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
KEMRI Jobs, 2020 Jobs
Data Clerk (2 Posts), JOB GROUP KMR 7
- The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established in 1979 as a Research Institute under the Science and Technology (Repealed) Act, Cap 250 Laws of Kenya and accredited to continue to operate as such under the Science, Technology and Innovation Act, 2013.
- The Early Infant Diagnosis of HIV (EID) Program, which was started in 2006, is an essential service provided by KEMRI in support of the National Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV Program. The EID program has expanded its scope in the last decade to include viral load testing, evaluation of diagnostic technologies and HIV genotyping.
- The Program now wishes to recruit two (2) qualified Kenyans to fill Two Data Clerk (KMR 7) positions, based at the Nairobi and Alupe KEMRI HIV Laboratories.
- Duty Stations: Alupe and Nairobi
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator and the Laboratory Manager, the Data Clerk will support the molecular diagnostics and immunology testing work in the laboratory.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
A minimum score of C+ in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or equivalent
Diploma in Biomedical Sciences or a related course.
Experience managing data in a busy environment
A Certificate in computer applications including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure while at the same time adhering to strict deadlines.
- Basic statistical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Pleasant personality, flexibility, team player, ability to solve problems
- Excellent analytical skills, presentation skills and problem solving skills.
- Innovative with a high degree of initiative
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure timely and accurate data entry into the database(s)
- To clean and ensure completeness of electronic and hardcopy records
- To supervise interns and students in sample reception and sorting worksheets.
- To train new staff on use of LIMS and conduct refresher trainings in LIMS
- To assist in implementation of quality management systems
- To support with data verification
- To assist in database management
- To maintain data security and confidentiality
- To assist in any other duties as may be assigned by the laboratory head/manager/Director.
Terms of Employment:
- Contract for 1 year, renewable as per KEMRI Scheme of Service, subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance
- Probation for a period of the first 3 months
- Remuneration: The salary scheme is based on KEMRI scales.
- Interested candidates who meet the above criteria, and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya (2010) should send their applications enclosing a detailed CV, copies of certificates, contact information and names and contact details of three (3) referees to the following address to be received no later than March 4,2020.
Kenya Medical Research Institute
P.O. Box 54840-00200
Attn: Deputy Director, CIPDCR
A copy of the application should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details please visit: www.kemri.org.