Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
Kenya Red Cross Society Jobs, Budget & Analysis Officer Jobs
Budget & Analysis Officer
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya – Full Time
|Position Title:||Budget & Analysis Officer|
|Reporting to:||Finance Manager|
- Reports to the Finance Manager for coordinating, analyzing and estimating future revenues and expenditure. The holder of the position will be expected to compile and develop the annual budget for respective departments / thematic areas, coordinating payments and fund transfers to Regions and Branches as per resource allocation schedules. Other responsibilities include examining budget estimates for completeness, accuracy and conformance with approved policy guidelines as well as providing variance analysis to cost centres to ensure effective utilization of financial resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that the monthly and other annual and periodic financial reports are forwarded to management and donors within the stipulated deadlines.
- Provide technical leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of the annual budgets and plans aimed at operationalizing programmes and projects activities
- Compile and analyze accounting reports, records and other data to maintain expenditure controls and determine the financial resources required to implement specific programmes
- Coordinate and evaluate programme activities and processes in order to prioritize and recommend budget requests, emergency funds, reallocations and resource levels. In addition, consult with Heads of Departments to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes
- Prepare accurate forecasts for all types of income and expenditures, including new and expanded support services and programs, salary proposals, collaborative policy development agreements, capital construction, equipment needs, supplies, transport and utilities
- Continuously evaluate internal control systems in line with changing demands, and ensure they are appropriately designed to serve the best interest of the unit.
- Prepare and facilitate all project audits both statutory and special and ensure that all audit findings are dealt with.
- Prepare comparative analysis of operating programmes by analyzing costs in relation to services performed during previous fiscal years and submitting reports with recommendations for budget revisions
- Review operating budgets and conduct cost-benefit analyses to evaluate operational and budget issues and trends affecting budget needs, review financial requests and explore alternative financing methods in order to prepare comprehensive long-term financial plans forecasts and budgets
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy and conformance with procedures and regulations and prepare regular and special budget reports and make presentations to facilitate the interpretation of budget directives and then recommend suitable policies for implementing directives
- Develop strategies for tracking and monitoring the implementation of strategic financial management plans against set objectives and budgets and ensuring that any negative variances are brought to the attention of the relevant head of Department.
- Mentor and grow accountant assistants.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Admin or related field.
- CPA (K) or equivalent qualifications.
- Over five (5) years’ experience in accounting and budgeting of financial resources including
- Knowledge of the ERP systems (Navision knowledge added advantage)
- Advanced computer analytic skills.
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2020 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Skills and experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the development of public policy .
- Effective interpersonal skills to establish cooperative working relationships in the course of performing assigned duties
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, analyse financial and operational data and information, think analytically and critically
- Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 23rd October 2020;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview