FREE CAREER COACHING for You
Get Your Career in The Right Path
NHIF Jobs, Managerial Jobs, Human Resource Jobs
- The National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) was established by an Act of Parliament in 1966 with a mandate to provide social health insurance to Kenyans. The fund is currently implementing its strategic plan 2018-2022 to guarantee accessible, affordable and sustainable health insurance. Recently, in a bid to accelerate Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and assure “affordable care for all” as one of the “big 4” agenda, The Government has opined to use The NHIF as the vehicle for scaling up UHC through output financing of healthcare and strategic purchasing of healthcare services.
- To enhance the capacity of the NHIF to effectively deliver on this mandate, we are transforming our internal capabilities and capacity and therefore looking to hire transformative, bold, energetic and dynamic, forward looking professionals with strong ability to work in an environment characterized by high level government contacts and healthcare stakeholders, to support and augment the capacity of the fund to deliver World class social health insurance.
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT REF NO. NHIF/HHR/007/20
- We are seeking a personable, experienced transformative human resources business partner to join the organization. In this position, you will primarily act as an internal consultant for NHIF management on human resources matters. You should be a proactive communicator and change agent, someone who can successfully balance employee needs with business objectives to create integrated solutions. This position reports to the Director, Corporate Services.
- Assess and anticipate human resources-related needs
- Coordinate talent sourcing, selection and placement to ensure NHIF has a pool of qualified human resource with the required competencies
- Oversee the implementation of a comprehensive and effective human resource management information system.
- Coordinate the implementation of the performance management system.
- Coordinate resolution of employee grievances and disciplinary cases, recommending appropriate action to resolve problems as well as assisting employees to find satisfactory solutions to personal problems through counseling services
- Conduct training needs analysis and baseline attitude surveys to design and implement relevant training programs.
- Monitor training programs to ensure that training objectives are met
- Develop and nurture partnerships through human resources to bridge the divide between management and employees
- Analyze HR data trends and metrics to inform business decisions
- Design innovative programs to build morale, improve workplace relationships, and boost productivity and retention
- Ensure regulatory compliance with labor legal requirements pertinent to the day-to-day management of employees;n collaborate with the legal department when necessary
- Interpret human resources policy to CEO, Management and Staff.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
- Business Acumen to understand and deal with a business situation in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome.
- Organizational Development mindset
- Problem Solving Skills to find solutions to difficult or complex issues.
- Strategic Partner to contribute to the development of and the accomplishment of organization wide objectives.
- Trusted Advisor on various people related aspects.
- Flexibility and adaptable to business requirements.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- A holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or any other discipline from a recognized institution.
- A Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development or Business Administration from recognized institution is a strong advantage.
- A Higher Diploma or a professional certification in Human Resource Management such as CHRP (K), SPHRi, PHRi or CIPD.
- Have relevant experience of nine (9) years, three (3) of which should be at managerial level.
- A member in good standing of The Institute of Human Resource Management.
- We appreciate your application and advise that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and invited for interview. Each application should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, testimonials, national ID and other relevant supporting documents and submitted through firstname.lastname@example.org to The Chief Executive Officer by 16th September, 2020.
- All applications should be clearly marked “Position Title and Reference Number on the subject line.
Applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Any of the Registered Credit Reference Bureaus; and
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Police Clearance certificate).
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview