Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Standard Bank Group Jobs, Banking Jobs
Teller/Clerk – Nairobi and Up-Country Branches
- Provide a consistently high quality frontline transaction service to customers encompassing the cashing of cheques and other items, acceptance of deposits and the provision of change.
- Understand the risks associated with the control and handling of cash, and maintain effective controls to manage these risks.
- Proactively cross sell bank products to our customers with focus on transactional business and digital channels in line with the Performance Contract.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Attend to cheque encashment and withdrawals in all accepted currencies according to laid-down procedures.
- Attend to change transactions. Accept cheque and/or cash deposits in all accepted currencies, according to laid-down procedures.
- Assist with finalizing cash transactions captured by officers who do not operate tills.
- Ensure that cheques included in deposits are checked in terms of Duty of Care obligations.
- Ensure that all items cashed are within laid-down limits and refer all transactions exceeding limits to the appropriate area for authorization.
- Ensure that items cashed are technically correct and signed, according to laid-down instructions.
- Attend to value transactions, e.g. Financial Transfers etc, according to customized job description.
Control of cash
- Ensure that all laid-down policies and procedures regarding the handling, locking away and security of cash are adhered to.
- Ensure that cash holdings are kept within prescribed limits at all times.
- Balance cash daily and report any differences promptly.
- Identify opportunities for migrating customers to more appropriate and cost-effective channels. i.e. Mobile/Internet/Till to bank/Nbol/BNAs whichever is most suitable.
- Identify and close on quality sales as per the Performance Contract.
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
- Responsible for the implementation and adoption within the Branch of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes the consideration and approval of customers including those that require being subjected to Enhanced Due Diligence for on-boarding and continued business.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Relevant Degree from a recognized University
- Relevant Diploma from a recognised Institution of Higher Learning
- Minimum of C+ mean grade at KCSE or Division II at O level Minimum of grade C in Mathematics, English or Kiswahili
- Professional Qualifications Banking examinations desirable but not essential.
- Sound knowledge of the bank’s laid-down policies and procedures related to telling.
- Sound knowledge of the legal aspects regarding cheques and cash handling.
- Sound knowledge of the applicable device handling.
- Knowledge of teller service standards.
- Knowledge of the Branch power system as it relates to telling.
- Basic knowledge of the functions of other departments within the branch.
- Attendance of the relevant Bank training courses, e.g. product knowledge, sales skills
How To Apply
- Click Here to Apply