Want to Work with UN and NGOs?
What are the qualifications?
Free Event Register here
Bible Translation And Literacy Jobs
- BTL, a Christian faith-based organisation, involved in Language Development, Bible Translation, Literacy, and Community Development among small language groups in Kenya, is seeking to recruit a highly motivated born again Christian with a good Christian standing, demonstrated spiritual maturity, integrity, and a calling to serve, to fill the above position. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong analytical skills, proactive, and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Linguistic support to translation projects in the organisation,
- Conduct field research on Language Development Needs,
- Work closely with the relevant local communities in the language development process,
- Provide specialized help to translation teams in the areas of phonology and orthography,
- Provide training for translators on linguistics, literacy, and translation-related work,
- Assist the Literacy Coordinator in material development and editing.
- Must be a born again Christian with a good Christian standing,
- A Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics, or a Bachelor’s degree in Education specializing in English/Literature or Kiswahili,
- Knowledge and/or experience in linguistics analysis,
- Ability to travel and carry out field research,
- Excellent report writing and computer skills.
How To Apply
- Applications with a detailed CV, copies of certificates, and three referees (Professional, Social, and Church), Office and mobile telephone contacts for both applicant and referees be emailed (preferred) or sent to the address below by Wednesday 20th January 2021
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
BIBLE TRANSLATION AND LITERACY,
P.O Box 44456 – 00100
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview