Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Business related jobs, Economics jobs, Finance jobs, Procurement jobs,Grants management jobs,
Grants and Contracts Officer
Project Overview and Role:
- Palladium is seeking a Grants & Contracts Officer for an anticipated USAID-funded economic growth program which is anticipated to begin in 2023. The Contracts Assistant will assist the effort to manage all USAID subaward contracts under KPSA to ensure that subaward activities are carried out in compliance with USAID and Palladium policies and procedures.
- The USAID/Kenya and East Africa Feed the Future (FtF) Private Sector Activity (KPSA) will be a 5-year program focused on accelerating agriculture-led growth in Kenya through partnerships with large agricultural sector firms (such as processors and off-takers) and expansion of smallholder farmer out-grower schemes. The anticipated activity will focus on creating jobs and generating large scale increases in sales/exports in the agriculture sector cost-effectively and, ideally, through a sustainable and locally-led vehicle. The activity would combine tools used in USAID’s traditional private sector development activities with tools used to mobilize finance and investment into one mechanism – supporting a range of agricultural firms to expand investments and operations via a blended finance approach. For more information on the potential project, please consult the RFI: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=338564 .
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in conducting contract and subaward solicitations and advertisements.
- Support competitive procurement processes, draft agreements, and develop related subaward documentation.
- Assist in the dissemination of contract and subaward Review Guidelines for evaluators, including scoring formats.
- Conduct due diligence and aid the negotiation of agreements with sub awardees.
- Support the administration, compliance, and implementation procedures of subawards, and ensure compliance with USAID grants regulations including procurement regulations.
- Assist fund transfers after reviewing financial reports and ensuring compliance with subaward agreements (in coordination with technical staff).
- Maintain grants records in the grants management system
- Maintain subcontracts and consultant registry
- Conduct tracking and reporting, ensuring timely usage of funds as per annual work plans
- Provide guidance to sub awardees for the Branding and Marking Plan and Monitoring and Evaluation of grant implementation practices.
- Provide feedback or inputs into grants under contract manual as required.
- Support contract and subaward close out and final reporting
- Any and all other project-related tasks as required by the Chief of Party and Palladium HQ
- Degree in relevant subject (Business, Economics, Finance, Procurement, etc.)
- Experience in contracts, subawards, or grants management
- Experience in grants solicitation or subcontract procurement solicitation or management.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency and the ability to operate spreadsheet and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Proactive problem-solving, decision-making, and good judgement skills
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities effectively and efficiently
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers, colleagues, service providers, and clients
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded programs of a similar size preferred
- Knowledge of USAID policies, procedures, and reporting requirements preferred
- Experience working for large donor organizations such as USAID preferred
- Local Kenyan candidates are preferred
- Written and oral proficiency in English required